Status: complete ~ see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Scars Don't Heal When You Keep Cutting

Chapter Twenty Four

After hanging out with Ariel and Ben for a few hours, I decide that I should head home. As soon as I get there, I throw myself onto my bed and try to get comfy, ready to get some sleep.

But as soon as I do, my mom has to call me out of bed.

“Danny! Help us get the groceries out of the car!” my mom calls when I hear the front door open. I roll my eyes and let out a groan as I get up and jog back downstairs downstairs. I walk outside to where my dad is grabbing multiple bags from the car. He hands me a few when he sees me approaching.

“Sorry we were gone so long. Did you eat anything?” he asks as he smiles at me. I nod.

“Okay, that’s good. Your mom's thinking about making cookies, by the way,” he cheers as he closes the trunk, bringing the bags hanging from his arms into the house. I follow him inside and drop the bags on the kitchen floor, earning a disapproving look from my mom.

“I have homework, so I’ll go do that now,” I lie, trying to come up with an excuse not to help put away the groceries. When they don’t say anything, I walk out of the kitchen and back upstairs to my room. I lock the door incase they walk in on me not doing homework like I said I was.

I get comfortable on my bed again, just as my phone makes itself known.

Jesus fucking Christ, can I fucking take a nap??

I grab my phone and find a text from my boyfriend.

My Benji <3: Wyd :)

me: I was trying to sleep ;-;

My Benji <3: Not anymore!

me: Awe that's rude

My Benji <3: But I'm lonely because Cam came over after all and now I'm the third wheel.

me: Smh she's a fucking hypocrite xD

My Benji <3: What do you mean?

me: OH OH WHEN YOU NOD YOUR HEAD YES BUT YOU WANNA SAY NO

My Benji <3: No. Never again.

me: I'm sorry xD You're so cute <3

My Benji <3: Nooo ;-;

me: Yeeees you are ;)

My Benji <3: I'm not cute ;-;

me: Awee I bet you're blusing ^^

My Benji <3: No I'm not ;-;

me: You always blush! You're my smol precious bagel and I love you <3

My Benji <3: I love you too.


“Who ya talkin to?” my mom asks suddenly and out of nowhere, causing me to jump. She laughs like the sadistic shit she is, but I still love her. I'm about to smile at her and make some sort of comment that could possibly end with me getting backhanded, but then she leans closer and looks at the screen.

“Who’s ’your Benji’?” she asks.

“Uh... My significant other,” I answer her question without having to lie about it, so we all win here. But, she pushes for more information.

“Benji’s an odd name,” she states unnecessarily. My heart rate starts to speed up a little as I internally beg myself to hurry up and come up with a fucking lie without seeming suspicious.

“Well, her last name is Benjamin, and sometimes I call her Benji because of it,” I lie, feeling bad for it afterwards, but hoping she believes my pathetic lie at the same time. The smile that brightens her face implies that she did fall for it.

“Well, that’s great, honey! When can I meet her?”

And the struggle returns.

“She, uh, she's horribly shy and doesn't like meeting new people.”

“Oh, alright then. Want any cookies?” she asks, waving one of the cookies she just baked in front of my face. I honestly didn't notice it there before.

“Uh, no thanks. I'm gonna try to get some sleep now.”

“That's fine! They'll be in the microwave in case you change your mind.”

“Sounds great!”

She quickly kisses my forehead before walking out of the room and telling me goodnight, turning the light out for me as she goes. I quickly turn back to my phone and tap in a quick reply as soon as the door closes.

me: My mom came in and started reading my messages.

My Benji <3: Omg didn't you say she was homophobic though??

me: Nah, I said that I didn't know if she was or not. But I told her that I had a girlfriend and her last name is Benjamin, so I call her Benji because of it.

My Benji <3: Awe c: Ariel's mom came in and told us to go to bed.

me: Oh, then sleep well beb. Love you <3

My Benji <3: Love you more.


I turn my phone off and just toss it on the floor before crawling under the blankets, falling asleep moments later.
♠ ♠ ♠
the letter 'h' key isn't cooperating tonight so sorry if there's any stupid typos ;-;