Status: complete ~ see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Scars Don't Heal When You Keep Cutting

Chapter Twenty Seven

It's a bit after six now, and I'm approaching my house after dropping Ben off at Sam's house.

"I'm back!" I shout as I step into the house. I head straight upstairs to my room and lock the door behind me because I'm about to text James about earlier and I don't need Mom sneaking up on me and reading those messages.

I pull my phone out and sit on my knees before pulling up James's contact. I tap in my message and then tap send.

me: Hey, James. I gotta ask you something.

It's not too long before I get a reply from him.

Drooms: Hey, what ya need?

me: Ben was texting you earlier but he told me he didn't want me to worry about it when I asked what you guys were talking about and we all know I'm gonna worry about it so yeah.

Drooms: Truee But yeah I guess I should tell you since you're his boyfriend.

Drooms: I'll text it to you later, I gotta go do chores.

me: Alright, mate. Thanks.


I lock my screen with a sigh. Damn, man, I'm so fucking curious and worried now. Wish I could've texted later or something because I'll just sit and wait anxiously as I wait for his reply that'll come who knows when. I mean, who knows how long it'll take him to do his chores? I don’t even know what his chores are, so I can’t really take a guess, either.

I get up off the floor and go downstairs into the living room, where my dad was just sitting on the couch, looking bored out of his fucking mind. I guess I could talk to him for a bit. I sit on the couch next to him, gaining his attention.

“Hey, Daniel. How’s your girlfriend?” he greets me with a small smile.

“Uh... She’s doing okay,” I tell him with a fake smile. I hate having to lie to my own father, and I hate the idea of having a girlfriend, too.

“That’s good.”

“Yeah.”

Then we both sit in silence (our car radio is fine, thank you very much) for a while, just watching whatever was on tv. Maybe a couple hours, if I were to guess.

But then my phone receives a text, shocking me out of my bored trance and pumping adrenaline through me. I pull it out eagerly, knowing that it’s either James or Ben.

My Benji <3: Logan and I escaped from her parents!

I smile as I tap in my message and send it.

me: Haha congratulations

My Benji <3: Thanks. They dragged us in for karaoke. It was horrible :(

me: I'm sorry. At least it’s only once a week, right?

My Benji <3: Yeah.

My Benji <3: DJ won’t stop texting me. Logan told him to stop but he only asked what could she do about it.


God, I'm so fucking sick of Dick Juice and his bullshit. I’ll try to remember to kick his ass real nice tomorrow.

me: Did you tell him that I’m gonna kick his ass again for the millionth time since I’ve been in school if he won’t stop?

My Benji <3: No.

me: Do it. I’m serious.


A few minutes later, maybe ten or so, he texts back.

My Benji <3: I forwarded it to him. He stopped :) Thanks Danny!

I smile and chuckle.

“Ah, he’s probably texting that Benji girl!” I hear my mom chirp. I roll my eyes at her, hoping my neither of my parents saw. They’d get pissed off and accuse me of having an attitude

“It’s possible, but it could be one of his other friends.”

Yes. We'll go with that.

me: Anything for you :^)

My Benji <3: Shit, I gotta go back downstairs for kareoke :(

me: Awe, I’m sorry :( It’s just for tonight, you’ll be out of that house tomorrow

My Benji <3: HI DANNY IT’S LOGAN I’M GIVING THE PHONE BACK TO BEN NOW HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.


I snicker a bit and roll my eyes at that idiot. Of course she’d do something like that. It's never a surprise anymore.

And a few seconds later, I finally get a text from James.

Drooms: Hey, sorry I took forever with chores. That’s what happens when you don’t do them all week!

me: Yeah haha :P So, what were you and Ben talking about earlier?

Drooms: Just tell him to take off his hoodie on Saturday or something.


I raise an eyebrow at his response. I tap my next message on the way to my room.

me: Why?

Drooms: You’ll find out when you do. Bye now, I’m going to bed. Night, dude.

me: Okay, night.


I sigh and turn my light of and kick my shoes off before going over to the bed. The sooner I sleep, the sooner I’ll get to see Ben, right?

I get under the blankets and close my eyes.