Status: complete ~ see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Scars Don't Heal When You Keep Cutting

Chapter Thirty Six

I ring the doorbell when I finally get to Raeven's house. A second barely goes by before the door is swung open, and Raevan gasps a little.

“Dude, are you crying?? And it’s cold outside, January, and you’re only wearing a tee shirt!” She pulls me into her warm, comfy house, closing the door behind me.

“Why are you crying, Danny? I’ve never seen you cry before,” she asks me again.

“My parents kicked me out,” I tell her as I wipe the tears from my eyes.

“Why?”

“Well, my parents found about everything Ben does to himself and that he likes me, told me that he was a bad influence, and that they didn’t want me to hang out with him anymore. Then me and my mom got into this huge argument, which lead to me accidentally telling them that me and Ben were together and that they couldn't take him away from me. I told them that if they couldn’t accept that, then I’d leave, so my mom kicked me out and told me to get my head straight.”

She listened to what I had to say, not intterupting once. She sighs and gives me a quick hug when I finish.

“You can stay here for as long as you need, Danny.”

“Yeah, thank you. But let me know when I start crossing lines or overstaying my welcome. I don’t wanna be a burden.”

“No, no, you don't have to worry about that. Plus, you’re super fun to be with, anyone would be lucky to hang with you all day,” she reassures me with a wide smile. I chuckle and put on a small smirk, making her a tad bit happier.

“I know, I’m the Dsnop,” I say to lighten the mood. “Where’s Ben?”

“Upstairs, room at the very end of the hallway.”

I nod a thanks as I walk around her and up the stairs, into the room. I see Ben laying in the middle of the floor, one arm draped across his eyes, the other holding his phone.

I put my bags down before I quietly make my way over to him, and he never notices me approaching. I sit next to him, and he still doesn’t notice. Then I move so that I’m hovering over him, lowering my face towards his, pecking his lips when I'm close enough. He makes a tired sound, and it dawns on me that he must've been asleep. He uncovers his beautiful eyes to stare into my red, puffy ones.

“Danny, what’s wrong? You’ve been crying,” he asks me sleepily. I sigh and move so that I’m sitting next to him instead of hovering over him, and he sits up too. Instead of saying anything, I reach for one of my bags and pull out Ben's notebook, handing it to him.

"You found it!"

"My parents did, actually."

He looks back up at me with wide, anxious eyes. "Did they read it?"

“Yeah, they read your journal.”

He tenses, looking back to his book and flipping subconsciously through the pages.

"What happened after they found out?"

“They told me that they didn't want us hanging out anymore, and I argued with my mom about it, and I ended up telling them that I loved you. Turns out my mom's homophobic and she kicked me out. My dad didn't even fucking say anything, so I don't know what's up with him.”

“I’m so sorry, Dan,” he says quietly as he leans against me.

“No, don't apologize. They're not worth shit if they tried to take you away from me.”

“I love you, Danny,” he mutters as he grabs my hand and begins to play with my fingers.

“I love you too,” I say as I bring oue hands up to kiss his knuckles, watching as a blush tints his cheeks cutely. He smiles shyly at me as he starts to lean in, actually making the first move for once. It surprises me, honestly, but I smile anyways as I lean in to close the gap faster.

"Awe, you guys are so gay," I hear Raeven say not even a second afterwards. Ben pulls away sheepishly and I send a glare Raeven's way for interrupting us, but she only smiles innocently in return before entering the room. "You guys wanna sleep in my bed or on the air mattress?"

"We can sleep on the air mattress," I answer. She nods and heads to her closet and pulls it out, and me and Ben move out of the way so she can blow it up.