Status: complete ~ see oohyaychicken.tumblr.com for information of its updates

Scars Don't Heal When You Keep Cutting

Chapter Eight

Ben went home a while ago and brought his bag with him. I’ve been up in my room all lonely after he did. His absence left me alone, away in Benworld.

After a while of being stuck there, I decided I'd go chill with my parents. I got off the bed and went downstairs and into the kitchen, where they were both making dinner together.

Nice to see Dad helping. He cooks pretty damn good, too.

So imagine a meal that both my parents help prepare.

Oh, hell yes!

"Hey," I say as I enter the kitchen. "What's for dinner?"

"We don't know, we're just throwing a bunch of stuff into a pot," my dad answers.

"Carrots, broccoli, corn, peas, rice, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, and meat," my mom lists the ingredients as she sprinkles seasoning into it. "And I don't know what this stuff is!"

It'd be a fucking miracle if it actually turns out okay.

I stand there awkwardly as my father dumps a small container of mushrooms into the mix.

"Is your friend still here?" Mom asks as she puts what looks like cheese in the pot.

I'll eat something else for dinner tonight.

"No, Ben went home not too long ago," I answer as my phone buzzes in my pocket. I take it out and check who it's from.

Trenton.

Oh! That reminds me!

"Can I go to a party on Friday?" I ask them.

"Be back before eleven and you can go wherever you want."

“Okay,” is all I say before walking over to the pot on the stove. I look in it.

It looks like the grocery store shit in it.

“So, uh…” I start, trying to figure out how I’m gonna word my sentence.

“You don’t have to eat this if you don’t want to,” my mom starts, “but I do want you to at least try it. You too, Philip!” With that, my mom skips out of the kitchen and to somewhere unknown.

“Okay, I’m not eating this, and you aren’t either, right?” Dad asks as he motions towards the- I don’t even know what to call it.

“Nope.”

“I have a plan, don’t worry!” A plan that involves getting away with not eating this junk. A plan made by Philip Worsnop. Can’t be good, but it’s worth a shot. I don’t wanna eat this, I think I’m still a bit too young to die.

<><><>

Philip Worsnop’s plan was a load of shit.

It got us in trouble.

Since when was knocking the pot over the stove and spilling it everywhere a good idea? Then he lied and told her that he saw a bug, and elbowed the pot while trying to kill it.

Fucking awesome plan, Dad.

Our punishment was to clean the entire kitchen and eat it off the stove.

It was fucking delicious.

<><><>

I sigh as I let myself fall onto the bed. I smile, it still kinda smells like Ben; cigarettes and some other sweet smell, and I love it.

“I’m never washing these sheets again!” I sigh happily, spreading my limbs like a starfish.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I groan and pull it out. I’m kinda tired of Trenton texting me right now.

Nope, not Trenton. It was Ben.

My Benji <3: HF Danny!! Did I leave me journal at your house?!

I furrow my brows as I reply to his text.

me: your diary you were writing in??

Almost immediately, he replies.

My Benji <3: YES!!! Do you know where it is?!?!?!

me: No, sorry, mate. Haven’t seen it since I saw you with it.

My Benji <3: Fuckfuckfuck there was some really personal stuff in that thing! I’d die if anyone read it!


I sigh sadly and sympathetically. It has to be in the house somewhere.

me: Where did you put it when you were done writing in it?

My Benji <3: I tossed it on the floor


Holy. Shit.

My mom cleaned my room!

me: Um… My mom kinda cleaned my room, so she might have it.

My Benji <3: Oh God. Can you try to get it from her please?!?!?!?!

me: I’ll go talk to her, brb


I toss my phone to the bed and jump off, speed walking out of my room. I head straight to Mom and Dad’s room, knowing that Mom usually sleeps around this time. I don’t bother to knock before barging in.

“Where’s the fire, Danny?” she asks, cocking an eyebrow.

“Uh, Mom? Did you clean my room earlier today?” I ask hurriedly.

“Oh, yes! Why?” she asks as she starts to put her hair in a ponytail.

“Ben’s missing his notebook, he left it here. He tossed it on the floor because he was writing in it before he went to bed, and I guess he forgot about it when we went to school, and all that good stuff!” She frowns.

“Oh, that thing? I packed it up.”

“Oh. I’ll tell him. Night,” I say as I turn around and go back to my room. She wishes me a goodnight as well on my way out.

When I get back to my room, I turn off the light and text Ben.

me: my mom packed it up.

I watch the screen, waiting for his reply. When it doesn’t come after a few minutes, I let it lay on my chest in case he does text. I stare up at the ceiling, slowly drifting back into Benworld.

All I think about is his fluffy hair,

His pretty blue eyes,

His hot spider bites,

The buzzing of my phone tickling my chest,

Wait, huh?

I lift the phone and read it.

My Benji <3: Crap. Well, as long as no one reads it, I guess it’s cool :P thanks Dan, you’re the best!

My heart flutters at his words and I smile, quickly typing a reply.

me: okay, buddy! Love you, man!

My Benji <3: haha ly2


I smile as I drift off into sleep and into Benworld for the night.