Smiley Face

Chapter Ten

Living with the club turned out to be a not-so-easy thing to do. I had to practically beg Jax to let me work in the bar in exchange for me staying there. Let's just say it wasn't easy getting Happy to say yes.

So, now I'm working at the club in exchange for my staying here- it's better than nothing.

I still wasn't allowed to leave the compound without one of the guys with me because of my father's call. Usually it was Happy that accompanied me, but when it wasn't him it was Chibs or Bobby. They were the only other two I had spent enough time with to feel comfortable around alone.

Today, however, Tara and I would be going grocery shopping for the club. Happy and Chibs were both busy, so Bobby and Filthy Phil would be the ones accompanying us for protection.

I was dressed in a pair of dark shorts, a Batman shirt, and boots as always. Also, I had on the ring that Happy had given me when he, well, claimed me I guess you could say. I still wasn't sure how to explain how all that happened.

Sitting outside in the hear wasn't something I enjoyed doing, but I didn't mind watching Happy working out in the garage. Why? Because of this heat, he was walking around without his shirt on. So, I had a pretty good view from where I was sitting at the picnic table. Plus it was a good way to pass the time until Tara got here.

Though, I don't think that Happy had notice me sitting there yet- but I definitely noticed him. There was no dount about that, I mean how could I have not? The man was drop dead sexy, and half naked in front of me, so of course I'm going to stare.

The tattoos that covered his torso were beautiful, I just wanted to touch them- or maybe that's just because they were on his body. Cause I mean, he does have a pretty awesome body.

Pulling my pack of cigarettes out of my pocket, I put one between my lips and lit it up. When I looked back up, I was just in time to see Chibs pointing in my direction. Making my presence known to Happy. When he spotted me sitting there, a smirk appeared on his lips as he grabbed a red towel.

He started wiping his hands off as he began walking over to where I was sitting.

"You know, it's rude to stare." He smiled, standing in front of me. He put his hands down on top of the table on either side of my body. Trapping me there.

"I wasn't staring, I was simply watching you work." I smirked. He was silent for a few moments, watching the expressions that crossed over my face. "I thought you were supposed to go shopping with Tara or something?" He questioned.

"I'm waiting for her to get here, duh. And I thought you were supposed to be going on a run with Jax and Chibs?" I growled out. A smile immediately appeared on his blank face.

"I am, I am. Jax is getting it all set up, so Chibs and I are passing the time." He chuckled. Before I could say anything else, Tara pulled into the parking lot and honked the horn at me. Filth Phil pulled into the lot behind her, and parked his bike. "Phil, go get Bobby and let's go!" I called out to the larger man. He was quick to do as I had requested.

"Well, I guess I should get going. Can't keep Tara waiting." I sighed, suddenly not wanting to leave the spot I was in.

"Call me if anything happens." He ordered. Slowly, I leaned forward and rested my head against his chest, only to feel his hand come up to rest on the side of my neck. "I will." I said with a sigh. I still didn't feel completely safe leaving the compound when he's not with me. To be honest I was scared that something was going to go wrong.

What if something were to happen to Tara? It would be all my fault, Jax would hate me for it. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if anything were to happen- how would I be able to live with myself?

"Hey, are you okay?" Happy questioned, pulling away slightly so that I would have to look up at him.

"There's just a lot on my mind." I sighed, "Do you have to go?" I questioned him. Looking into his eyes, I saw some type of emotion but I couldn't tell what exactly it was. "Yes," He sighed, "But how about this; tomorrow I'm going to see my mom for a few days. Why don't you come with me?" He suggested.

What? Meet his mother? As in the woman that raised him. Was he being serious? Happy didn't seem like the kind of guy to take anyone home to meet his mother.

"Alright." I gasped out, shocked. Hearing the door to the club opening, I knew it was Phil coming back with Bobby. Tara honked the horn once more, urging me to hurry up. Tearing my attention away from Happy, I looked at the car. "I'm coming!" I shouted.

I heard Bobby laugh slightly as he walked past us. I pushed my body forward and gave Happy a kiss before moving away and going over to get in the car with Tara. When I looked back at Happy, he looked shocked.

Well, it's good to know I could at least do that.

When I got into the car, Tara seemed hesitant to pull out of the lot. "You know, you don't have to go if you don't want to." She spoke softly, letting me know that it was okay for me to change our plans.

"No, no. Just go, I'll be fine." I gave her a reasuring smile. She nodded her head softly before finally driving off the lot.

We drove in silence to the store. Well, not a complete silence because Abel and Thomas were both in the back seat. I knew that they would be with us no matter what, because last time I made the mistake of asking why heir grand parents couldn't watch them while she was busy.

I had gotten a lecture about both of Jax's parent's were dead. And her's were as well. She was rather rude about it though.

When we got to the store, I grabbed Abel out of his carseat while Tara got Thomas. She kept him n his seat and put the seat on the buggy, while I opted to carry Abel. Save us from having to get a second buggy.

I followed along behind Tara, as she had the list of what we needed to get. Even though I was the one that stays at the club on a nightly basis, not her. But if she wants to be the one to do it, who am I to stop her?

We stocked up on mostly non-perishables, and of course beer for the guys. I also grabbed a few things for Happy and myself. Which was mostly just snack foods that I knew we both liked.

By time we got back, Happy had left with Chibs and Jax for their run. I tried busying myself with putting groceries away and cleaning up the club- only to be disappointed when I saw that only thirty minutes had passed by time I finished.

What the hell is happening to me?

Never in my life have I let something like this effect me so badly. So why is this? I don't understand what's going on.

After giving up on trying to pass the time until Happy got back, I decided to go lay in our bed. Though, that probably wasn't that good of an idea either.

So by time they had actually gotten back, I was still asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken forever. I love you guys, I really do and I love updating stuff for you, I just don't have a computer at this point, so I'm using my moms. Plus I now have a full time job that consumes a good portion of my time.

But in good news, I have A LOT written for you. Just needs to be typed up.