Smiley Face

Chapter Twelve

The hot water running over my body felt absolutely amazing. Especially after the long ride up here. Although, I felt horrible about snapping at Happy earlier.

As the water ran down over my hair, I started humming a song that I heard a few weeks ago on the radio while I was in the car with Tara. I'm not entirely sure why, but the lyrics were just stuck in my head.

"Temperature's rising, I feel the fire- tonight it's just me and you. Tell me, baby, will you be here when I wake up, even with no make up? I don't wanna fake it. And you don't gotta doubt a second if I miss you, every time I'm with you, I feel naked." I sang lightly, as I washed the conditioner out of my hair.

I didn't hear the sound of the door opening, so I was shocked when pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I almost screamed, until I noticed the familiar, colorful tattoos that adorned Happy's arms.

I immediately felt calm feeling his arms wrapped around me. "Why are you in here singing about being naked?" His deep voice rumbled in my ear. I felt myself begin to blush as he pressed his lips to my shoulder. The stubble on his face rubbed lightly against my bare skin. "Because I like that song." I laughed lightly. Ever so slowly, I turned around in his arms so that I was facing him, before placing my arms around his shoulders. "I'm sorry for being such a bitch earlier." I whispered, looking up at him.

"It's fine, I shouldn't have pushed it. I just wanted to make sure everything was okay." He spoke, with a tone in his voice that I had never heard from him before. I quickly shook my head, "No, I'm still sorry. I've just been so stressed recently, that I've just lost my apatite." I decided to tell him what was wrong with me.

"What's got you so worried?" He questioned, wrapping one of his arms tighter around me.

We didn't stay like that for long, and I said nothing as his other hand came up to push my hair back out of my face and behind my ear. I could feel his fingers brush over the scar located there. "What the fuck is that?" Happy muttered, feeling the raised skin under his finger tips.

Slowly, he had me turn my head and moved my hair away, allowing him to see the hidden scar that resided there. It was a small scar in the shape of a cross that my father had branded onto the side of my head, just behind my ear, with a red hot iron.

I cringed at the memory of the experience. "He did this to you, didn't he?" Happy growled out, it almost scared me how angry he sounded.

"Yeah, he did." I answered softly, scared to look up into his eyes. It shocked me when I felt his lips brush against the marking, before he left me along in the shower. I silently questioned what had just happened, before shutting off the water and getting out of the shower as well.

I wrapped a towel around myself, and walked out into the bedroom. Happy had already put on a pair of pajama pants, and I could see the hem of his boxers sticking out ever so slightly.

Even though both articles of clothing were resting rather low on his hips....

I took a deep breath as I walked over to where he was standing and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind before resting my cheek against the back of his shoulder. "I'm scared, Happy," I whispered, "I can't go back to Reno, not with them. I've been so stressed out and just plain scared that they're going to find me." I explained.

Happy moved very quickly and suddenly after that. He turned around so that he was facing me, and placed his hands lightly on my shoulders. "Teagan, you're not going to have to go back there. I promise, I won't let anything happen to you."

Meanwhile back in Charming, Jax wanted to know everything that had happened with Teagan and her father. So, he had set Juice loose with a laptop to do some research for him.

"Jax, I need to talk to you." Juice breathed out, walking into the bar with a stack of papers in his hands. "Not right now, Juice." Jax was quick to wave the younger man off- he was sitting at the bar with Tara and Thomas, while Abel sat a few feet away coloring with Chibs.

"It's the stuff that you asked for, about Teagan." Juice spoke again, pushing the subject further. Upon hearing this, Jax quickly handed Thomas over to Tara and reached out to take the papers from Juice. He looked through them for a few moments, the look on his face growing more and more shocked with each page. "What stuff is he talking about, Jax?" Tara asked, growing worried about her new friend's safety.

"I had Juice pull medical and police records on Teagan to see just what kind of shit happened in Reno." Jax said in a deep voice, throwing the papers down onto the bar before storming off. He made his way into the chapel, and slammed the door shut behind him.

Curious as to what had happened, Chibs stood from his spot with Abel and made his way over to the bar, as did Tig. Tara began spreading the pages out on the wooden surface, allowing their eyes to easily see what the pictures held. Tara immediately let out a loud gasp, covering her mouth with her hand- understanding just what had made her husband storm off the way he did.

"Mary, mother of Christ." Chibs muttered under his breath, picking up one of the pages.

The pictures all contained Teagan, most you couldn't see her face in them, but you could tell it was her. Most of which were taken of the girl laying in a hospital bed, to document the wounds she had. The poor girl looked like she had been starved, in one picture you could see all of her ribs clear as day. Her cheeks were sunken in, and there were dark rims under her eyes.

Tara had her fingers rest on one of the pictures. It looked like a wound placed just behind her ear, maybe a brand of sorts, in the shape of a cross. In the picture it was badly infected and bleeding, as someone was trying to clean it. The sight of it broke her heart.

Chibs had caught sight of one of Teagan sitting on the end of a bed in the hospital. She had a busted lip, a broken nose, and three stitches on her cheek bone. After seeing all these pictures of her so broken, it was hard to believe that this was the same girl who had been brave enough to threaten Happy a few weeks ago in the chapel. Not being able to look anymore, Chibs turned away quickly and walked back over to where he had previously been sitting with Abel.

Tig had tears in his eyes as he looked over the pictures. The ones he saw, contained images of broken bones that Teagan had over the years. The main one that stuck out to him, was a picture of a little girl. It was very obviously her, but she looked to be only about ten years old. She was sitting in a doctors office, a large black and purple bruise covering the length of her arm, underneath was a broken bone. Another picture showed her arm placed in a bright purple cast, with a police report that her father had been suspected of breaking the girls arm- but she wouldn't speak to confirm of deny the accusations.

Tig had begun to look at the girl like a daughter, as she had reminded him of his own daughters- in a way. So seeing these pictures definitely did not help the rage that had been building up inside of him. When he looked over and saw a few stray tears falling from Tara's eyes, he was quick to reach over and wrap his arm around her.

"Don't worry doll, we're going to take care of her. Nothing like this is ever going to happen to her again; if those bastards ever come anywhere near her again, we'll see to it that they have nice chat with Mr. Mayhem." Tig tried his best to reassure the dark haired woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought that giving the boys something to fuel their rage, and realize just how real the situation is would be a nice touch....especially once Happy gets back to Charming and finds the pictures.

Comments anyone?