Smiley Face

Chapter Thirteen

I didn't sleep that night, my mind was plagued with memories of my father. Any other time, I would have tossed and turned all night; but I didn't want to disturb Happy- who was sleeping peacefully next to me.

It wasn't until early the next morning that I was finally able to doze off. I could tell it was early, because I could hear Happy's mother, Julia, moving around somewhere in the house. It must have been about five or six in the morning when I was finally able to doze off and actually stay asleep. After that, I didn't wake up again until about noon.

When I did wake up again, I wasn't all too surprised that Happy was no where to be found. He did say that he had things to do. Glancing over to the alarm clock on the night stand, I saw that it was a quarter til one.

Climbing out of the bed, I grabbed my pajama pants out of the floor and pulled them onto my body- they had been discarded at some point during the night when I got too hot. After tying the drawstring and tying it around my hips, I made my way out of the bedroom.

Unsurprisingly, here was no one in the house at all, but I did find a note on the kitchen counter from Julia, addressed to me.

Teagan,

I had a doctors appointment this morning, and Happy's gone with me. Please, make yourself at home, I hope we can get to know each other better when we get home. I made you some breakfast, it's in the oven for you.


I couldn't help but smile as I read over the paper again, before setting it back down on the counter top; before moving over to the oven and looking inside.

Just like she had said, there was a plate of food waiting for me, wrapped in aluminum foil. I grabbed the plate out of the oven, and removed he foil before looking over what was underneath. Sitting on the plate was what looked like a spinach and tomato omelette, some toast, and what looked like a banana nut muffin.

She had gone out of her way to make this for me, and make sure that I had something to ear when I woke up and I couldn't be more thankful.

I grabbed the muffin and toast off of the plate, before placing the plate inside of the microwave in order to heat up the omelette. I ate the muffin and toast while I was waited, they were absolutely delicious and made my stomach grumble loudly wanting more.

I sat down at the kitchen table in order to eat, and once I was finished I washed and put away my dishes as to not leave a mess behind me. God, I can't stand it when things are messy. Then, before leaving the kitchen I made myself a mug of tea before walking out into the living room. I sat down on the couch, with a blanket over my legs- I figured that sitting up in here would help keep me from falling back asleep.

I was wrong.

When Happy and Julia returned to the house, Julia was the one to find Teagan asleep on the couch. She smiled down at the young girl as she spotted the blanket thrown over her, and the empty mug sitting on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"Happy, come here will you?" Julia called lightly, already hearing her sons footsteps coming towards her from where ever he was in the house. Without saying anything to her, Happy came into the living room to see what she saw. Teagan asleep on the couch, curled up in a small ball under a grey and white blanket.

"Should I wake her up?" Julia asked. Happy immediately shook his head as thoughts began to flood his mind. Thoughts about Teagan, how she looked so peaceful like that, even after everything that the poor girl had been through. He couldn't understand what he was feeling in that moment, but he knew that it wasn't a feeling that he wanted to lose. Happy crouched down in front of Teagan, and moved the hair away from her face, "No, she hasn't been sleeping good so let's just leave her be. I'm going to take her back to the bedroom." He said softly.

His arms went under the small girl's body before lifting her up off of the couch. Teagan shifted in his arms, but did not wake up as he carried her out of the living room and down the hall to the bedroom.

Happy couldn't bring himself to tear his eyes away from the girl as he lay her down on the bed they were sharing during their stay here. She looked so peaceful, like nothing bad had ever happened to her before she came to Charming. If only that were true.

Leaning over, Happy kissed her forehead before walking back out of the room and heading back towards the living room where his mother sat waiting for him to return.
♠ ♠ ♠
Teagan

So it's short, and kind of sucks but I couldn't think of anything else to happen just yet.