Smiley Face

Chapter Fourteen

When I woke up the next morning, I was a bit surprised to feel Happy's arm still laying across my body. I figured if he had things to do today, he would've already been up and gone.

Rolling over, I saw that his eyes were still closed, and his chest was rising and falling steadily. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping. I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed with him all day, but I knew if I stay here then I would end up waking him up. If he was still sleeping so peacefully, then he definitely needs it.

Crawling out of the bed, I tiptoed out of the room carefully. Once the door was closed behind me, I walked down the hallway and went into the kitchen- planning on making breakfast for everyone. Only, it seemed that Julia had beat me to the punch. She was already wide awake and standing in front of the stove cooking.

"Good morning dear." She spoke in a cheerful voice, without out even seeing me come into the room. Her back had been to me the entire time, and I hadn't made a single noise. "How did you know I was here?" I couldn't stop myself from asking her in a small voice. Only then did she turn around to look at me, and she had a smile on her face that matched the tone in her voice.

"Sweetheart, you are so much like my son. I've grown used to him being able to sneak up on me, I'm pretty much a pro at this by now. Would you like some breakfast?" She laughed at me.

"Oh, I see. Actually, I was going to make breakfast for you guys since you've been so nice and cooked for us the past few days. I know I've not been the best guest or anything, so it was kind of gonna be my way of apologizing I guess." Bring my hand up, I stretched my fingers out and scratched the back of my head ever so lightly. "Nonsense, you've not been a bad guest. Happy told me you were going through some things and it was effecting your sleep, so I completely understand. Why don't you come over here and help me cook? We can get to know each other." She offered me with a smile.

The entire time, she had been waving a spatula around in the air the entire time she had been speaking which I couldn't help but smile at. She was a tiny woman, a whole head shorter than I was, and she was wearing a striped apron. It was like something out of a movie.

"I'd like that." I nodded, stepping forward to stand next to her by the stove. She had already been cooking pancakes, so we added eggs and bacon to the list of it.

I told her about myself while we were cooking, and she told me a few stories of Happy growing up. It sounded like he was pretty much the same person then as he was now- just without all the tattoos. According to his mother, he had always ran with the wrong crowd. Or at least that's how it seemed until he met up with the Sons. She said that they seemed to change her son in some way.

"Why don't I go wake him up?" I suggested once we finished cooking everything. She was loading three plates up with food when she looked up at me. "That sounds good, dear." She nodded her head.

Walking out of the dining room, I made my way back down the hallway. Planning on waking Happy up by kissing him, my smile faltered slightly when I walked into the room to see that Happy was awake, dressed, and was holding his phone in his hand. "What's going on?" I asked him.

Hearing my voice, his eyes immediately found me before he came rushing over to where I was standing in the door way. "Your mom and I made breakfast." I mumbled, pointing over my shoulder. His hand came down to rest on my cheek, as he looked me over. "Jax called, we've got to get back to Charming. Something's happened."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back everyone!!!!