Smiley Face

Chapter Sixteen

The next morning, I was woken up by the sound of a multitude of bikes pulling into the club lot. No way in hell that was our guys, everyone had slept at the club last night and they hadn't left this morning. So what the hell was going on?

Rolling over, I expected to see Happy still laying in bed next to me; but he was long gone. Honestly, I probably should've seen that coming. It's happened just about every day ever since we got together the night of the party. Nothing's changed since then, so there's no reason that it would be any different now that something had happened with the club. Right?

Not bothering to hold the sheet up around my chest, I rolled off of the bed and walked over to the bathroom. The floor was ice against my bare feet- it only just made me move faster. I climbed into the shower, and turned on the hot water. The warm water felt amazing against my bare skin, especially after the night I had last night. Happy and I spent the night cleaning up from where the apartment had gotten torn apart while we were gone. Sure we could've had one of the prospects do it, but Happy is very picky when it comes to things like that.

About half-way through we stopped to get something to eat, and ended up getting distracted by one another and spending some time doing something other than cleaning. He then finished cleaning, while I lay on the bed watching him. I didn't want to get in the way, and he told me to just stay in bed, so that's what I did.

Plus, it was definitely nice just laying there watching him work when he was practically naked. He was nice to look at, I never pass up the opportunity to do so.

After showering, I dressed myself in a pair of red, white, and blue shorts. A black shirt that had a red, white, and blue cross across it to match the shorts. As always, I had the ring that Happy gave me resting nicely on my finger. On my feet I pulled on a pair of heels. And for my make up, I kept it light, with my eye liner, and a nice shade of red lipstick on my lips. Then I pulled my wet hair over my shoulder, and put it in a messy braid before walking out of the room.

My goal was to find Happy, but due to the club house being suddenly filled with a ton of unknown people, I knew it wasn't going to be all too easy. Most of the people filling the space had on the Reaper, but not all of them. Others were women and children. What the hell is going on?

Stumbling through the club, I pushed my way through the crowd until I reached the bar. Ratboy was standing behind the counter, looking around the crowd with wide eyes the same way I had previously done. "Rat, what the hell is going on around here?" I questioned the man standing in front of me. His eyes flashed down to me, and he looked at a loss for a few moments. "Oh, uh, Happy wanted to talk to you. He and Jax are out in the garage." Was all the boy told me.

Not happy with such a response, I rolled my eyes before walking away from the bar. I pushed my way through the crowd until I found myself outside of the club. Just like Ratboy had said, both Jax and Happy were standing together over in front of the garage. Jax had a cigarette between his lips, while Happy was looking down at the blonde man.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" I breathed out, walking up to the two men. Happy's eyes went wide for a brief moment before he placed his arm around my waist.

"After everything that's happened with the club getting trashed, we've decided to go under lock down. We're not sure what we're up against here, so at this point we're just taking precautions- no need to worry. All the people you see inside, that's our Tacoma charter. They're the closest ones to us, so they're going to be bunking here the next few nights. I've set you and Hap up at a local hotel, that way if whoever it was comes back looking for you, you won't be here." Jax was the one to explain to me.

I honestly didn't know what to say. Jax actually thought that something like this was happening because of my being in Charming; and now he's sending not only me but Happy away.

I looked over at Happy for a brief moment before turning my head back towards Jax. "Yeah, alright." I nodded my head softly. It was then that Jax turned his attention solely to Happy. "Alright, I'll get you the information. You head out after church."

With that, Jax walked away heading back to the club. Leaving me and Happy standing alone together. *Must you always run around half naked?" Happy growled in my ear, pulling me closer against him. I could help but laugh at the tone in his voice.

"I'm not half naked, I at least have more clothes on now than I did when I was in bed." I laughed at him. He seemed to get my point for a brief moment as he smiled down at me playfully, and we began walking across the lot. "You definitely have more clothes on now, than you will when I get you alone." He chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Teagan