Smiley Face

Chapter Four

I felt the now empty, glass bottle slip out of my hand as arms slipped under my body. I was lifted away from the cool, damp grass and could feel my body being carried somewhere.

Keeping my eyes closed, I started moving my body- struggling against them. I didn't know who it was, and I definitely didn't want to go with them so I was hoping they would drop me. Well, actually no, I take that back, I don't want to be dropped.

Slowly I forced my eyes open, expecting them to burn at the sight of sunlight; but I was wrong. Instead of seeing a bright, shining sun, the moon was up and the sky was dark around me. I felt the groan that came from the back of my throat, as I looked over to see who was carrying me, and just where they were taking me. I was ever so slightly shocked to see that I was currently taking up residence in Happy's arms.

"H-Happy?" I questioned, trying to move to get out of his arms. He had somehow gotten me in his arms to where he had one arm around my back, and the other under my knees while I had an arm around his shoulders. "Stop struggling." He spoke, not even bothering to look down at me. "No, let me go." I mumbled, still trying to knock myself out of his grip. With all my strange, rapid movements I felt my stomach flip. "No Teagan, what the hell are you doing out here anyway."

"No, Happy, put me down. I'm going to be sick." I spoke urgently, pushing against his chest. My words seemed to make him actually listen to me, and he set me down on my feet next to a nearby tree.

I put my hand against the rough bark, and leaned against it before leaning over. Feeling the bile rising in the back of my throat, I opened my mouth to allow myself to be sick- but it never happened. Nothing came out, and instead I felt a large air bubble come to my mouth.

Great, so it was just a burp. That's embarrassing.

Happy was standing a few inches away from me, and I could feel his eyes on me as I stood leaning against the tree. "How did you find me out here?" I breathed out, pressing my back up against the large plant. He looked me over for a few seconds before letting out a breath he seemed to have been holding in. "Jax called, said something about you storming out of the club earlier and told me to keep a look out. I just so happened to be driving by when I saw you stumble over to the trees over there and pass out." He explained, pointing to a tree line that was a few yards away.

I sighed, feeling completely stupid. Of course Jax would tell everyone to keep an eye out for me. And of course I had made a complete fool of myself in front of the one person who had actually found me. "I'm sorry." I blurted out, not even knowing why I said it.

"You don't have any reason to be sorry." He waved my words off. "Yes I do. Not just to you, but the whole club. I shouldn't have come here. You guys shouldn't have to worry about my problems." I sighed, looking down to my feet. The next thing I knew, Happy had taken a few steps towards me, and slipped his finger under my chin before making me look up at him.

"Stop that, alright. You have nothing to worry about, no reason to be sorry. We're your family, and we're not going to let anything happen to you." He spoke softly, a tone of voice I hadn't heard him use before- it was actually kind of shocking to be honest.

I don't know if it was the tone in his voice, or the alcohol that was in my system; but something made me push myself up onto my toes and press my lips against his own. I could feel his body stiffen up against my own, as his hands landed on my shoulders unsure what to do. His body seemed to relax for a brief moment before pulling back and stepping away from me.

I couldn't help but look up at him with wide eyes, shocked at my actions. "I'm so sorry, I didn-" He cut me off by holding his hand up. "I should get you back to the club- it's getting late. Come on, let's go." He was back to his normal, hard demeanor.

I didn't say anything to him, and instead simply followed behind him over towards his bike. He handed me his helmet before climbing onto the bike, and I climbed on behind him. I wrapped my arms loosely around him, and he was quick to pull away from the park that I had gone to. Watching everything passing by around us, I realized that I had run pretty far.

It took us between thirty minutes and an hour to get back to the club. It was practically abandoned by time we arrived, and I was too ashamed of myself to face whoever was waiting inside. More specifically, too ashamed to face Bobby.

When Happy started walking towards the club, it didn't take him long to realize that he was walking alone. I moved over to sit down at the picnic table that was sitting a few feet away from the door, and wrapped my arms around myself. "You alright, Teagan?" He questioned, taking a single step towards me. "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about it." I waved him off, not bothering to look over towards him.

"You're not going to run off again are you?" He questioned, a strange look on his face. "No, you've got nothing to worry about. I'm just gonna sit out here for a few minutes before heading inside." I explained to him. He nodded his head ever so slightly, before moving back towards the door of the club, "Oh and Happy? I'm sorry, for earlier." I added.

He didn't say anything, and instead ever so slightly nodded his head before making his way into the club. Leaving me sitting outside on my own.

I sat there, listening to the crickets chirping in the wild, as I wrapped my arms around myself. The heat of the California day had died down, and it was actually getting kind of chilly outside. I found goosebumps rising up on my arms and my body was ever so slightly shivering. Though, I decided to at least stay outside for a few more minutes and look up at the sky. To the stars that were shining bright in the sky along with the moon.

Only after about twenty minutes did I decide to get up and go into the club.

Inside, the bar was completely abandoned. There was no one around, no one was out in the open or sitting at the bar drinking. So I had no problem with making myself a drink before finally making my way back to the apartment I had been given.

I sipped on the drink as I sat down on the edge of the bed. I knew that drinking so much in one day probably wasn't such a good idea, but I was doing it anyway. I had felt sick earlier, so I knew if I continued to drink now then I really would get sick in the morning. Yet, it still didn't phase me, didn't make me stop drinking. I just really wanted to forget the events of today, and drinking seemed like the only way I would be able to do it.

After sitting there for a few moments, I changed into something to sleep in, before crawling onto the bed. I brought the drink with me and continued to sip on it as I started playing music on my phone.

I didn't even realize the complications of using a phone that was still in my father's name....
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehhhhhh this chapter is complete shit, I'm sorry guys. The next one will probably be better, I promise. This shit is just off the top of my head, at 1 in the morning. So, yes, I PROMISE the next chapter will be better for you.

What do you think about Teagan and Happy though, huh?