Status: Active, please comment opinions- I will be posting more about each character and other characters as I go along.

Eyes Wide Open

Screams of Nature

Alice.

My eyes fluttered open as I heard the lightning crackle along the sky. My mind slowly coming to realization of my situation of previous events I thought I could escape through a soft slumber. Proves my lack of experience with my dark side of emotions. I slowly raise my knees to my chest while turning over to my side-pulling the covers over me. My eyes were stinging, my head was dizzy. My chest was heavy and my body was aching. The funeral was yesterday evening for my parents, both young and lively like myself. This is the worst feeling I've ever felt. How could I ever live through my last few days as a minor without my parents' shoulders to lean on? They were my one true support system, and they were taken away from me like it was nothing; like a whiteboard having the marker just wiped off. Nowadays I can't tell what is a memory or a dream.

I rest in silence as I listen to the exuberant rainstorm thrashing itself against my window. I have one hour before the car picks me up to take me to my new home.. a french foster home named "Enfants Perdus". I rise up from my position and stand myself up with my weak arms. I shower, and blow dry my hair into my pixie cut, and put some fresh clothes on. I hear a car honking, and I take one final look at my house I previously lived in with my parents. The house I made memories in before my world came crashing down.

The black sedan rolled up to the edge of the drive way, expecting me to walk to the back seat. I made my way as a gentleman appearing to be in his thirties stepped out of the car while opening an umbrella and opened the door for me, and called out "Alice, I pressume?". I thank him, and quickly yet ever so gently glide into the car. My hand, still grasping the door handle, suddenly became numb. Both of my hands did. And then my body, and slowly my chest began to feel heavy. My only movement I was able to make was a lift of my head to observe the house and I's distance grow, to where I was no longer able to see it. My heart's void grew, and felt like acid swallowing and burning every memory of my parents and I. I clenched to my chest near my heart, and lowered my head. The two gentlemen were quite as mice in the front seat, making my cries and gasps even louder. The man in the drivers seat hurriedly turned up the radio to a classical music station- hoping to let the awkwardness of my sobbing be released, I assume.

I make many attempts to calm myself down and make at least a bit of small talk with the gentleman in the front, but it was delayed many times. Finally, I rested my hand on the back of the co-pilot's seat and leaned forward, "S-so, how will I be arriving to this foster home?" I sputter. The man in front of me adjusted in his seat, then met eyes with the fellow next to him. "We will be escorting you throughout the entire travel session, and personally walk you to your room." he said awkwardly. I sat back in my seat and looked out the window, and started to count the rain drops on the window in order to distract myself. I hated the rain, it took away the opportunity to play outside and hear children's laughter as they played with their loved ones. I rest my head against where the door met my seat, and drift into a slumber I wish I had sooner.

~Change PointOfView>> Alexis.

It's quiet today. The children aren't crying as loud; the caretakers aren't screaming. It's raining, though. I've always liked the rain; it showed everyone reality in that not everyday is going to be a sunny, bright, and warm day. I was sitting on a bench as I stared into the distance under a short rooftop connected to the building outside, listening to the rain. All of a sudden I hear the door forcefully open and I turn around. I remain quiet and let them say the first words.

"Now isn't that something, Bridget- the whore got locked outside cause she was being a bad girl." the tall Asian said sarcastically. The three of her friends laughed at her stupid remark, not realizing I stood up. "Careful walkin' in my cage, bitch- I might bite. And whatever I bite off I don't give back." I said smiling as I began to walk over to her. My arms were crossed and my head held high- I'm not afraid of her. What is she gonna do, hit me? Good. I need a reason to beat her ass.

She let out a fake laugh like a stupid barbie doll, and suddenly turned into a straight face. "The difference is, you think you belong in a cage when really you don't belong anywhere. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if your parents killed themselves just so they wouldn't have to stand you any longer." she said before she spit on me. Ohhh yeah, beating her ass to little pieces is something i'd sure as hell like to do. But I can't throw the punch, not here.

See, in this school- or "Foster Care", you've got a ton of rules- most that make no sense and were probably created to seem more... What's the word... "Presentable" for the adoption parents. Yeah. That's it. The owner of this place is a multi-millionaire who uses the money the government gives her to use on us, to use on herself. Selfish bitch. If she really knew- no- if she really CARED about what actually goes on down here, I wouldn't be as beaten up as I am now. These children here aren't all fun and games- and the caretakers don't exactly rise up to the expectations one normally has of them. Not in this foster home. People get bullied, raped, molested, abused.. for some all of the above..

I look at her straight in the eye and get as close as possible to her and say the bitchiest thing I could come up with. "After all this shit talk about me and to think, your boyfriend still wanted me more than you." I said. She had the look of disgust on her face, she began to breathe heavier and heavier with her friends pulling her back saying "Rachel, it's not worth it. C'mon, lets go." like little cliche shits they are, only being friends with her cause she's favored by the owner. That's survival for ya.

I immediately get pumped up and prepared for a fight, shaking my hands quickly then making them steady and ready. She shifted her right side back and raised her arm- and I swiftly moved my right arm up as a barrier. She hit my forearm and I swung around while grabbing her arm with one hand, and the back of her head in my other hand. Her other arm pulled out a knife and I panicked- slamming her head onto the edge of one of the shelves next to me.

She instantly drops the knife, and her friends run to her side immediately while calling me names and telling me Im wrong. It feels like everything went so slowly, taking minutes for each movement when really it all happened within a few seconds. I feel my arm shake and slowly my entire body began shaking. That's when I realized I had to get out of there, and fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading lol, two views (: