Golden Eyes

A Game of Mind Control

That night after everyone took a bit of a nap Steve, Coulson and I were in an elevator with me trying to hold back my laughter. It was only a matter of time before Coulson got to him and I felt so bad but it was just so damn funny as well. Steve looked to me for help but I only placed my hand gently on his and gave it a small squeeze. He was on his own for this one. As we were waiting to locate Loki using the satellite facial recognition, Coulson and Steve stood side by side, waiting.

“I mean, if it's not too much trouble.” Coulson asked looking at Steve for confirmation. I bit my lip and looked away in amusement. Oh Coulson. I guess I couldn’t really saw anything about him basically fan girling over Steve because I once did as well. Not to mention when I first saw Thor as well. That man was the definition of sexy but he was too much personality for me. He was pretty amazing to work with though and it came in handy when he could pick me up and fly somewhere instead of my driving or finding some other form of slow transportation.

“No, no. It's fine.” Steve said with a genuine smile but I could tell it was weird even for him. Not every day you go into the ice just a war symbol and come out America’s number one hero.

“It's a vintage set. It took me a couple of years to collect them all. Near mint, slight foxing around the edges, but-.” Coulson was cut off by Agent Sitwell as the elevator doors opened. I chuckled finally as Steve’s shoulders seem to sag with relief.

“We got a hit. Sixty-seven percent match. Weight, cross match, seventy nine percent.” That was damn near perfect almost!

“Location?” I asked stepping forward getting ready to move into action. Now it was time to rock and roll.

“Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Konigstrasse.” Sitwell said showing me a picture as I grabbed at the tablet to study it. Something was wrong but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

“He's not exactly hiding.” I said handing the tablet back and stopping as Fury approached.

“Captain, you're up. Carson, you know what to do.” Steve nods and leaves as I follow after him saying ‘Yes, Sir’.

We ended up in the locker room together where he was on one side and I was on the other as we changed as quickly as we could. When he was done he waited for me as I slipped on my skin tight white tigress suit that had the black strips on the sides of the ribs, arms, and legs. Let’s just say it definitely showed off every curse, muscle, and lines I had. It was a hot suit and it looked stunning against my olive tan skin and my almost black hair that hung below my shoulders. I could feel my golden eyes start to focus more as I turned more into my superhero persona instead of my human one.

When I walked around the corner of the lockers I thought Steve was going to die of embarrassment. He seemed to stand frozen as I walked over to him with an almost shy smile. A lot has changed since we last saw each other and he knew what time I was from so the fact that I was basically almost wearing nothing was a shock.

“Whats the matter Cap? Cat got your tongue?” I purred out as I walked around him to get to the door. I could feel my belt around my waist that held all of my weapons and gear. “Hurry up Captain or we’ll miss our flight to see the Germans again.”

“Vanessa what are you wearing exactly?” He asked walking next to me keeping his eyes ahead of us and not staring at me. Ever the gentleman. The other male workers however weren’t as classy. Someone needed to put up a wet floor sign with all the drooling going on. It was why I almost never wore my suit unless I was going out on Avengers business. Any other S.H.I.E.L.D. missions I wore my regular black suit that Natasha, or rather Black Widow, wore.

“After all the testing S.H.I.E.L.D. performed on me we discovered that whatever the scientists used on me involved White Siberian Tiger blood. Hence why my senses seem to heighten and why I have golden eyes. Do I have nine lives? I severely doubt it. Can I always land on my feet from a drop? Yes. So after we figured out what was used on me they started calling me The White Tigress. It’s pretty neat actually. In 1942 I was worried about finishing secretary school but now I’m a Superhero. Never would have guessed this would happen in a million years. We figured that the Nazi’s were trying to make me into a killing machine basically with all my cat like abilities so that I could attack the American’s. Then you saved me. Who knows what they would have done to me to get me to turn on my own country. Thanks to you I now have a chance to work with the good guys putting a stop to all the evil in this world.” I smiled at him as he looked at me for the first time really I think. I was honestly beyond grateful to this man for everything he did. Him and Bucky and Peggy. All three changed my life and I would never forget it.

“You’re welcome, White Tigress.” I rolled my eyes and laughed. Honestly the name still sounded weird to me because I wouldn’t have picked it but it fit my situation so we left it. I’m sure in 200 years when I finally hit 30 I would change it. If I was still alive then that is.

“So Captain Rogers, you ready to kick some ass with me?” I asked as we walked towards the jet once more.

“You know it.” Steve said as we rushed up the ramp with it closing behind us.

“Natasha! You know what to do.” I said as we sat down and Natasha grinned.

“Always do!”

It took maybe an hour for us to get to Germany with how fast the Jet flew. Tony Stark was on his way and Thor was flying outside the jet somewhere doing his own thing. I was watching on the monitors with Steve as Loki had the crowd running away as he slowly walked out of the party and materialized in his gold armor and helmet. The police arrived and with no hesitation Loki started to blast the cars, flipping them over and over.

“Kneel before me.” The crowd ignored him. Another Loki appeared, blocking the crowd. Soon Loki after Loki start to appear and they all grin as they raise their spears, encircling the crowd. “I said. KNEEL!!!” Everyone becomes quiet and kneels in front him. Loki embracing his arms out, was smiling. I sometimes wondered how Thor and Loki were raised by the same parents. I asked him that before and adopted or not Loki was just one bad seed. “Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.” As his words resonate to the kneeling crowd, an elderly German man refused to kneel and stands, heroically. That was the German’s for you. Stubborn as hell.

“Not to men like you.”

“Natasha turned to us from her seat at the front of the jet. “You ready?”

I looked at Steve. “I am if you’re willing to help me.”

He looked confused and I just shyly smiled. “When you jump I’m coming with you.”

He barely had time to nodded before we both ran and jumped off the ramp. We held our bodies straight like arrows as we shot for the ground. I held my hand out to Steve for him to take and he did with no hesitation. When our hands held firm I pulled myself over onto his side and held on getting ready to push myself off of him when the time came just right.

“One…two….three…NOW!” I let go using my feet to push off as I shot for Loki and Steve went for the elderly man.

“There are no men like me.”

“There are always men like you.”

“Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example.” Loki was about to execute him with his scepter as the light glows blue. Just as the energy beam shoots out Steve made his target from diving in just in time and ended up blocking the blast with his shield as I landed on Loki knocking him down on his ass. I rolled out of the fall and quickly flipped up gracefully.

“You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.” Steve said standing up in front of the old man still protecting him.

Loki stood up smiling snidely and with an evil glint in his eyes. “The soldier. A man out of time. And the woman who’s eyes shine like the sun itself from that very same time.”

“I'm not the one who's out of time.” Steve said just as Natasha pulled the jet up above us with a machine gun pointed at Loki.

“Loki, drop the weapon and stand down.” Her voice rang out over the megaphone attached to the jet and he only sneered. Like greased lighting, Loki sends a blast of blue at Natasha and she maneuvers it out of the way beautifully just in time, giving Cap the time to throw his shield at Loki. They both begin to duke it out and I stood on the sidelines waiting for something to happen. Where were his little zombie slaves in the first place? I knew Clint had to be somewhere close by but I just didn’t know where.
Loki flung the Cap to the ground who then threw his shield at him but Loki swatted it away like it was nothing more than a fly that was bothering him. Cap, using all the moves of a boxer, was knocked down by Loki. Once he was standing over him and he was pointing the scepter's tip on his helmet I sprung into action.

“Kneel.”

“Not today!” I screamed out as I knocked Steve out of the way from the oncoming blast of blue light that I knew would make him a slave to Loki’s power. The blue light ended up hitting my on the side of my temple and I was knocked backwards. I heard Steve curse under his breath as I held my head in pain for a moment because I could feel Loki forcing his way into my mind.

‘Kneel.’ The voice whispered in my head and I felt my legs shaking as I tried to force myself to stop listening to myself if that made any sense. No! No! No! No! I felt sweat break out over my body as I fell to the ground kneeling before Loki. I forced my eyes open as I watched Steve flip and knock Loki’s legs out from under him. Loki grabs him and flips him over next. I could only helplessly watch from the sidelines now. I was in my mind but yet had no control of my body whatsoever. I was following the movement with my eyes when my cat like senses picked up on a noise that sounded like something was flying towards us. I smiled on the inside knowing exactly who it was.

“The guy's all over the place and Vanessa has been compromised!” Natasha said into her ear piece that everyone on the team was wearing. Suddenly, AC/DC's "Shoot to Thrill" overdrives the Quinjet’s speakers.

“Agent Romanoff, did you miss me?” Both Cap and Loki look up at the sky as Tony flies over in his Iron Man suit and blasts Loki right back to the ground. Iron Man touched down and stands up straight pulling out every piece of weaponry the suit has. “Make your move, Reindeer Games.”

Loki puts up his hands and surrenders. His armor materializes away. But the voice in my head had other intentions. ‘Attack them. Now.’
With a growl I sprung forward heading straight for Stark when I was tackled from the side by none other than Captain America. I was slammed into the ground and went to jump up when he threw himself on top of me to hold me down. I purred into his ear sliding my body against his seductively before whispering to him.

“Been thinking about doing that all night haven’t you?” I kissed the side of his check and flung him backwards off of me using my body wait as almost a lever to shoot him up. He landed on his feet and started walking towards me with his hands up trying to show he meant no harm.

“Are her eyes blue? When did they turn blue? Did I miss something?” Tony asked as he tried to find a way to help out but was a bit preoccupied with Loki and loading him up safely so that he could do no harm.

In my head I was screaming for my body to stop but I had no control. I walked forward slowly when suddenly the machine gun went off cutting across my path and I raised my eyebrows at Natasha. “Aw is that any way to treat your best friend?”

I fake pouted before out of the corner of my eye I saw Steve run towards me and I threw out my fist making a connection with his face. He barely fell backwards before tackling me again and I laughed almost psychotically. “You must really like to be on top Mr. Rogers! What’s the matter? No one able to keep up?”

“Snap out of it Vanessa!” He picked me up and threw my shoulders into the pavement. I only laughed again telling him he had to try harder than that.

“Poor Captain America must feel all alone in this world. No one he loves is still around. His best friend died because of him. The woman he loves is too old to even remember her name half the time. And the one girl who he saved back then that is around now is finally lost to him as well. Boo freaking hoo!” I ripped my arms out from under him only to have him get pissed off and grab both my wrists in one of his hands holding on tightly. I yelped out in pain as felt my wrists push together.

That was all it took for me to use my own words for a second in this situation. “Steve help me! Please!”

His eyes widened and his grip loosened and soon I was gone and the Loki slave was back. I kneed him in the stomach and he let out an Oomph noise and I rolled out from under him. I turned to him to finish him off when Natasha snuck up behind me and stabbed me in the neck with a needle filled with something. Sleeping serum I was guessing. I felt my legs wobble once more and then my body heading for the ground. The voice in my head was yelling at me to get up but now my body wasn’t moving. Steve caught me before I hit the ground and picked me up lightly. Like I weighed nothing. Then again this was the man who could lift punching bags filled with sand over his shoulder like it was a teddy bear.

“Good move.” Stark stated to Natasha as she merely glanced at him. She was watching me with concern but I only had eyes for Steve.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered as I felt my eyelids start to get heavy with every passing second.

“It’s okay Vanessa. It wasn’t really you.” He smiled at me as I just closed my eyes and laid against him. He never once wavered from the dead weight. I could feel his heartbeat next to my face and it was beating pretty fast. “Mr. Stark.”

“Captain. Unconscious crazy Agent Carson.” And that was all I heard as I slipped off into darkness with the voice cursing at me to do something useful.
♠ ♠ ♠
A quick shout out to acid_rain88 for commenting on my story! Thank you for your thoughts on the chapters! Hopefully I can get out another 2 tomorrow and perhaps finish this before I start my summer semester at college next week. Enjoy guys!!