Golden Eyes

Son of Odin

Natasha was watching the skies as thunder was heard outside the jet when I started to wake up again. I smirked knowing Thor was out there. Loki knew it too as he just sat there quietly. The voice in my head controlling me told me to have patience and just wait for it. Funny how I knew Thor was coming to get his brother before Loki even knew, or S.H.I.E.L.D. for that matter. I heard Fury’s voice over the radio asking how the mission went. Natasha said I had been compromised and they were bringing me in to ‘treat me’. Whatever that meant. I started singing a song in my head that I had never heard before but that was when I realized it was Loki singing it and because he had my mind under his control I could hear it. This man needed new taste in music that was for sure. I looked over to Captain America who sat on the other side of me. I was chained up by my wrists and ankles so I couldn’t move. And if I pulled hard enough I would probably break something that I would need later.

“Patience.” I hissed under my breath at Loki for being so annoying causing the Cap to look at me and then announce that I was awake. Stark was watching me as well standing beside the Cap. I’m sure he was debriefed about what happened. I looked away and caught my reflection in a mirror on the side of a seat. Mentally I flinched at how cold and almost dead my eyes looked. They were this pale almost none existent blue. There were dark almost black lines scattered through the whites of my eyes. I screamed on the inside and for a second my eyes flashed to the gold again before switching back. The mind slave controlling me smiled at my defeat and almost held a bit of a smirk. I tried again but nothing happened this time. Until next time then.

Fury was still speaking to Natasha as I waited for my next instructions. I was watching everyone quietly as I tried to wiggle my way out of the chains. I started to get a bit of it off when I heard the noise outside. I glanced at Loki but he ignored me and sat perfectly still.

“Do you think they’re communicating somehow to each other? You know through like their mind? How did this happen anyways?” Stark was babbling now like he always did and I rolled my eyes. Even the slave me was annoyed by him.

“She tried to save me.” Steve whispered quietly as he continued to watch my every move. I had to be discreet around him otherwise he would know something was up. I stared right back at him and made a fake pouty face. He frowned and I felt my lip curl up into a sneer.

“Said anything?” Fury asked and I snapped my head towards them listen better.

“Not a word.” Natasha replied as I decided to speak up for the first time.

“Fury I think you need to reevaluate your team members. They’re into some kinky shit with all these chains. I must protest this brutality.” I stood up and suddenly everyone was on high alert. I pulled hard enough to pop my hand out of place so I could pull it out of the cuff and Steve was on me in a heartbeat holding me down and Stark had his gun on his arm aimed at me. “Would you really shoot little old me Tony? Here I thought we were friends.”

“You hate me. And you hate when I call you old. Now I know it’s really not you.” I winked at him and put on my best smile as I then turned to look at Steve. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck. As I was about to keep talking Fury spoke up after hearing this little exchange.

“Well Vanessa seems to be her talkative self. Just get him here. We're low on time.” Steve slipped my cuff back on only tighter and with my wrist still popped out it made it hurt. I hissed in pain and I felt Steve stiffen at my discomfort.

What a fool. He just gave away that he still cares about whether or not he hurt me. Imbecile, and with Loki tied up and cuffed to his seat, Tony and Steve watch from a distance, whispering yet again. Like a bunch of little girls. My hands were now behind my back and I was still trying to get free which caused me some pain. I tried to keep my face straight but I was sure they could tell what I was doing. Now Loki was watching me. His look told me to cease what I was doing and I complied. I scoffed on the inside and there was a sharp pain in my head which caused me to yelp out. Natasha looked back at me, worried.

“I don't like it.”

“What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?” Tony asked.

“I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop.”

“Well he did turn Vanessa into a violent mindless zombie but still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?” I raised my eyebrow in question at Stark.

“Me? Mindless? Now I’m insulted Tin Man.” They just ignored me.

“What?”

“It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle.” I said innocently enough to Steve as he looks at Tony, finally meeting his ego match.

“Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in.”

“Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you.” Lightening nearly hits the jet, making it shake violently. I gave it 2 more minutes.

“Where's this coming from?” Natasha asked confused. Thunder rumbled overhead. Loki stared out the window intently.

“What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?” Steve asked with a small smile on his face. I smirked at his naïve sense of mind. About 10 more seconds….

“I'm not overly fond of what follows.” Loki replied calmly but you could see that he was frozen just waiting. Family reunion time in three…two…one…

There was loud bang as it sounded like lightening hitting the jet. The aircraft dipped from the force and within seconds Thor was opening up the ramp and grabbing Loki by the throat and fling out. Steve and Tony are left dumbstruck. Tony put on the Iron Man helmet quickly going into action. I sat there waiting cussing in my mind because I was getting wet and my hair was clinging to my face.

“Now there's that guy.” Tony said annoyance lacing his voice.

“Another Asgardian?” Natasha asked and I was confused as to how they didn’t know who Thor was. Then I remember I was the one who worked with Coulson on that case out in New Mexico with Clint.

“Think the guy's a friendly?” I rolled my eyes at Captain America. The 1940’s were over. Friendly’s? Really?

“Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost.” Tony turns and gets ready to jump off the jet to chase after Thor.

“Stark, we need a plan of attack!”

“I have a plan.” His face mask slammed shut then. “Attack.” Iron Man jumped out of the jet and chases after Thor. Cap grabs a parachute to follow.

“I'd sit this one out, Cap.” I said giving him my advice before he killed himself. Natasha nodded in agreement with me. I think both of them were shocked I said anything that would potentially help him. The voice in my head was commanding me to help Loki out and I was already working on the cuffs again. Soon. I would be out soon.

“I don't see how I can Vanessa.” I shrugged my shoulders at him muttering how it was gonna be his funeral.

“Vanessa is right. These guys come from legends, they're basically gods.”

“There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that.” He turned to me and paused. He seemed to want to say something be he closed his mouth. I waited expectantly and the me stuck in my head was holding her breath. “You. Stay.” Cap jumped out of the jet while the heat rose into my face.

“I’m not a freaking dog you Patriotic douche!” I yelled out at him as I continued to struggle with the cuffs. Natasha shook her head and turned around to continue flying around the battle scene going on below.

We were somewhere out in the European mountains, as Thor throws Loki into the side of the mountain. He raised the mighty hammer, Mjölnir. Loki was demanding I hurry my lazy human ass up and I growled at him to shut his mouth. I was working on it as fast as I could. I finally slipped my hands free and quickly undid the locks on my ankles. I popped my hand back into place with a sigh of almost relief and walked to the edge of the ramp. I grabbed a parachute and turned my back to the opening. Natasha had stood up as soon as she heard me grab the pack. I waved goodbye and fell out of the back of the jet going down head first. I started picking up speed and soon I pulled the shoot, undoing it as I neared the floor and rolling onto my feet looking for Loki. I smirked as I heard the yelling and fighting going on and headed that way at a sprint.

“Where is the Tesseract?” Thor boomed as I reached the head of a cliff. Hm? Maybe I should sit this one out. I chuckled and plopped down on the edge looking at them.

Loki was laughing at his brother. “I missed you too.”

“Do I look to be in a gaming mood?!” The hell is a game mood?

“Oh, you should thank me. With the Bifrost gone how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here? Your precious Earth.” Thor drops Mjölnir, causing the mountain to quake. I put both hands out to steady myself on the cliff. Loki was looking my way with a glare. I put my hands up. Where was the Cap and Iron Man by the way. I looked around but didn’t see or hear them. Then again there was too much noise from the rain and thunder for me to really see or hear them anyways.

“I thought you dead.”

“Oh? Did you mourn?” Loki asked looking back to Thor thoroughly amused now.

“We all did. Our father...”

“Your father. He did tell you my true parentage, did he not?” Thor lets go of Loki, who walks away from Thor, causing an even bigger wedge between them. I put my head in my hand like I was leaning forward towards a TV waiting for the interesting part to happen on my favorite soap opera.

“We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?”

“I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I was and should be king!” Loki said turning away. I was merely feet away from him on the cliff above him.

“So you take the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights. No, the Earth is under my protection, Loki.” Gag me.

Loki started laughing. “And you're doing a marvelous job with that. The humans slaughter each other in droves, while you idly threat. I mean to rule them. And why should I not?”

“You think yourself above them.” I raised my eyebrows waiting for Loki’s response. His simple ‘Well, yes’ made me frown in annoyance. He then proceeded to call us all pathetic little life forms that needed to crushed like bugs. Well tell us how you really think. “Then you miss the truth of ruling, brother. Throne would suit you ill.” Angrily, Loki shoves his brother to the side. He walks back up to the ledge where I am and turns around. Now Thor has noticed me sitting here. His eyes scrunch in confusion as I wiggle my fingers at him and smile. He must have noticed my eyes because he frowned. He looked back at Loki now longer seeming to want to work with him.

“I've seen worlds you've never known about! I have grown, Odinson, in my exile! I have seen the true power of the Tesseract, and when I wield it...” His eyes seemed to glow with appreciation before he pointed at me as the example of what he could do.

“Who showed you this power? Who controls the would-be-king?” I asked speaking up and wishing I hadn’t the moment I did. I felt Loki’s wrath on my conscience mind and I flinched in pain. I glared at him as he turned to yell at me.

“I am a king!”

“Not here! You give up the Tesseract! You give up this poisonous dream! You come home.” Thor roared right back. My ears perked at a certain sound and for once the real me started showing through. Every time Loki hurt me it was like it was breaking the bond between him and I. The slave me even wanted to be freed from his wrath.

“I don't have it. You need the cube to bring me home, but I've sent it off I know not where.” The Mjölnir flies back to Thor’s grasp.

“You listen well, brother. I-.” Thor was knocked off the mountain by Iron Man who tackled him in his mid-flight.

“I'm listening.” Loki said waiting.

“Shut up. This just got interesting.” I said sitting up and waiting for the show down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll have the next one up hopefully by tomorrow morning! I kind of rushed this one because I've been busy but I really wanted to post it so enjoy guys!