Golden Eyes

Minion Slave No More

We continued to watch them fighting along with a few insults thrown around. Loki was silently observing but I was struggling. With each passing moment that Loki was preoccupied I was getting my own control back. It helped that they took his power away but he was still pretty strong just by himself. I flinched as Iron Man was smashed through almost an acre of trees but I knew his suit would protect him. What I was more worried about was Steve wherever he may be.

From the mountain side, Loki watched in amusement. Thor raised his hand with Mjölnir back to his hand and swung the hammer, summoning a ray of energy. Iron Man stood up and from his hand boosters, and a blast of energy knocks him on his ass. Stark flew back up and knocked Thor right back into a tree. It was like watching a tennis match. Loki’s head and mine just went back and forth watching them beat the crap out of each other. The rain started to fall down harder which I was thinking was due to Thor getting more and more angry. Thor was kneeling on the ground and pulled the Mjölnir to his hand, raising it to the skies and pulled in the lightning and thunder. I felt the hairs on my body stand up slightly from that much electricity near me. Thor pointed the hammer at Stark and the outpouring of bolts lighting increased in intensity. Stark flew backwards once more.

“Stop fighting it, human.” Loki said almost with a bored tone. I didn’t bother looking at him as I kept fighting back the power of his mind control. I was not going to go out like this. This was what the Nazi’s wanted when they created me and now 70 years later it was almost happening again. I refused to be someone else’s puppet. If it wasn’t raining I was sure sweat would be pouring down my face. I was still sadly sitting next to Loki like we were the best of friends watching a movie.

Loki shocked me again in my head and that was all it took. His control snapped and when it popped he looked at me for the first time in fear. Has no one else ever broken that damn curse? If so I was willing to kick his ass to learn how to do it again to free Clint. Just as I stood up and Loki started backing up Stark fires at Thor with his hand boosters pushing Thor to his knees. Like two gunslingers ready to draw, both Thor and Iron Man fly towards each other and meet in the middle and ascend up.

“Now now. Lets not do anything rash here.” Loki said smiling holding up his hands which were still cuffed together. I smiled menacingly and took another step forward. “Nice kitty. Pretty kitty.”

“Please spear me your pathetic words. They wont save you, Loki.” I said getting ready to spring forward. He went to flee and I shot forward knocking him off the mountain cliff towards the floor where Stark and Thor were fighting themselves. I put my foot down on top of his back and pushed down. He moved in discomfort but made no complaints.

“Sit. Stay. Good, Loki.” I ruffled his hair a tad. He glared at me and I merely shrugged. My head was starting to hurt from Loki basically electroshocking me every 10 minutes but it was a good thing because it meant I was back to being me.

Loki dodged my oncoming punches but he missed my leg when it shot out and folded his legs underneath him causing him to fall face first into the floor. Thor and Iron Man continue to crash right back down the mountain as well, smashing down every tree possible. Stark yanked Thor right up as he grabbed both of the hand boosters and began to crush them. Tony quickly charged as much energy as he could and shot energy in Thor's face. I flinched in pain as Thor fell back, losing his stance. Well, that had to hurt like hell.

Thor stands up once more after being knocked down and was turning to face his opponent ready to pounce when Steve’s shield ricochets off both Thor and Iron Man, stopping them. Well it was about damn time he tried to join the party! They look up to see Steve standing on top of a fallen tree with the shield back in hand.

“Hey! That's enough!” He ordered and Loki moved underneath me throwing me off of him. I ended up doing a back hand spring and landing on my feet only to run at him full speed, jump up, wrap my legs around his neck, twist my body, and bring him back down to the floor. I sat on top of him and held his head back by his hair as I hissed into his ear.

“Try that one more time and you won’t live to see Asgard ever again.” I looked up and everyone was watching me. Thor looked thoroughly impressed and like he wanted to try that. Stark, well I couldn’t see his face. Steve looked suspicious. And I didn’t blame him.

“Now, I don't know what you plan on doing here.” He continued on before Thor interrupted him.

“I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes!”

“Then prove it! Put the hammer down.” Oh no. Steve no!

“Um, yeah, no! Bad call! He loves his hammer!” Stark called out I tried to make a warning call to Steve but Thor was already three steps ahead. Thor backhanded Stark like some kind of pimp with the Mjolnir. He finally lost all tolerance and patience with what was going on.

“You want me to put the hammer down?”

“Steve look out!” I yelled out. Thor leapt into the air raising his weapon and Steve crouched down and held up his shield. Thor brought his hammer down onto the shield and a massive implosion of light reacts to the vibranium shield creating a massive shockwave that blows everything up standing within a mile radius of it. Stark had flew in front of me knowing exactly what was going to happen and shielded me with his body. His suit pushed against me and I ended up falling down from the blast. I just laid there covering my head with my hands hoping nothing decided it wanted to fall out of the sky on me. I wasn’t as invincible as the rest of these hero’s, and villain, here.

Tony stands up looking around like `holy shit.' Lying right next to him is Cap, who never takes his eye off Thor. Thor looks at both men. “Are we done here?”

“No we are not freaking done here! Are you trying to kill everyone within a 20 mile radius Thor? Think before you attack!” I shot up throwing a rock at him. He stood there letting it bounce off of his broad chest. He looked at me like he wanted to laugh.

“I am most sorry Agent Carson. I forget how, fragile, you humans are.” I rolled my eyes at him and huffed at him. “Do forgive me.”

“I’ll forgive when you take this wrenched weasel off my planet.” I said with a sigh. I felt a yawn coming on and rubbed my face. I was exhausted already. Loki went to move again and I just boredly kicked him in the face.

“Well, damn. That wasn’t very nice now was it?” He spit out a bit of blood but it was nothing major. All three men were staring at me strangely.

“What?” I asked feeling scared like I did something wrong. Like when you’re a child and get caught doing something you’re not supposed to.

“How do we know it’s really you?” Stark asked crossing his arms. I crossed my arms right back.

“Thor owes me a trip to Asgard. Steve still hasn’t learned how to dance even though I begged him to let me teach him and you’re still an ass! I don’t know! How do I prove I’m not under any mind control? Are my eyes undead looking?” They shook their heads no so I threw my hands up in the air like in a ‘duh’ moment. “There’s your answer right there then!”

They were quiet for a moment when Thor turned to them. “That’s good enough for me. Good to have you back Agent Carson.”

“Vanessa, Thor. It’s Vanessa.” I said with a small smile. “And it’s good to see you again.”

He swooped forward and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I just laughed and went with it. He let me go and I nearly fell to the dirt. I stretched my body in every which way letting my bones crack and muscles stretch. Loki was sitting up now with Thor standing right behind him and Stark with his guns on him again. Steve was a few feet from me and I walked over to him putting my hand on his shoulder.

“Hey, soldier.”

“It’s good to have you back.” Was all he said as he started walking away. I guess what I said under Loki’s mind control really got to him. I ran after him catching up with no problem.

“Hey, I’m sorry about the things I said before. It wasn’t very nice to say nor did I mean any of it.” His eyes flashed something but I couldn’t decipher what. “Forgive me? Please? I don’t want to lose another friend.”

He smiled at me sadly. “I just need some space.”

Aw, well shit….
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all enjoy! Let me know what you think!