Status: Active

Worlds Apart.

Jarrett

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Too much on my mind really. Everything going on in my life; past, present, and future.

I started to think about how much I had to do, how much was still in front of me. But it was sort of a good feeling in a weird way. My internship excited me; and it allowed me to get away from my shitty job for a little while. It was something different, something new. It was what I needed.

Then I started to think about where I came from. My roots.

My "parents."

See, me and my sisters' mom and dad should have never been parents in the first place. All we were growing up were show children. My mom only got pregnant with Christina because her sister was having a baby at the time. And she only got pregnant with me because her marriage to my father was falling apart and she used me to get him to stay. It worked and they're still together to this day but man, what a fucked up situation.

My parents basically let us fend for ourselves growing up. They gave us only the bare essentials; just what we needed, never what we desired or wanted. They focused on themselves and that was it.

Which is why my sister and I are the way we are. We have trust issues, we are skeptical of things that seem too good to be true, we're smarter than the average person because we had to be or else we woudn't move on in life.

I learned at a young age that life wasn't fair, and I accepted that.

Yea growing up the way I did sucked, but it made me who I am today and I'm proud of that.

And as I got up for the day; while I buttoned up my (one and probably only) nice shirt, I felt proud of myself for getting to this point in life with basically no help.

I would definately need to get to the mall to get myself new clothes for the internship, because it wasn't the kind of place to dress casually. It was a big known business in my town. I was lucky I even got it.

But I pushed those thoughts away and made my way out of the door to start my first day at Sinclair Enterprises.

Never had I actually been near the bulding where all the magic happens, I only heard of it. It was a huge freaking building. Intimiadating.

Like shit I think I might get lost. Legit lost like can't find my way out lost.

Well I have to at least try to find out where I'm going.

I took a deep breath and walked into the revolving door to get into the building. That's when you know you're in a hot shot building, when the door is a freaking revolving door.

I walked up to the front desk and patiently waited for the secretary to come to the front.

And by patiently I mean I bit off all of my nails in 5 seconds.

"Hello, may I help you?"

I gayly (is that a word?) tucked my hair behind my ear and cleared my throat.

"Yes um I'm a new intern. I'm trying to find out where I'm supposed to go."

She looked in her book for a moment and then back to me.

"You're Jarrett Hilton?"

I nodded.

"Okay you can go down that hallway and make a left, and take the elevator up to the 5th floor. Second door on the right. Good luck!"

Well that's a lot of things to remember.

Somehow I managed to make it to where I was supposed to be. I knocked on the door and a woman let me in. It seemed it was a door to get to another door. Talk about privacy.

"Good morning Mr. Hilton. I understand you're a new intern and it's your first day. Mr. Sinclair is a very rough around the edges individual. I'm giving you a fair warning because I see that you're young and you may not know the best way to handle a person like him. I've been his secretary for years, I know how he operates. Just listen while he speaks and do not interupt him. He hates that. If you have a question wait until he's done. Sorry if I scared you dear. But you'll be fine now. Head on in."

I gulped quietly to myself and thanked her before going into my future bosses office.

I nearly shit my pants when I saw him.

He was barely older than me. He had a beard. He looked harmless... How could this man be so intimidating?

"Good morning Mr. Hilton. Take a seat."

I didn't say anything because I was scared. I just did what I was told and sat down with my hands on my knees.

He put his pen down and stared at me for what felt like 10 hours.

"So here is your packet," he said as he slid over a thick ass booklet towards me. "I expect you to take it home and study it. It's an outline of the company. Of what I do and what I expect. I'm not an easy man to work with I'll be honest and tell you that. But I am forward and very direct. Come here on time, do what I ask you to do, and respect my authority and we won't have any problems. I'm going to put you in training for today and a little bit for the next time. And just so you know for next time, we wear ties in this building."

Again I was scared, so I said nothing.

His eyes never left me.

I felt like he hated me.

"Yes sir, of course."

Was all I could manage to say.

"Mr. Sinclair is how I like to be addressed."

I nodded and apologized, and I learned at that moment that I was in for some serious shit.

---------------------

Training wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Only because Mr. Sinclair wasn't the one training me. He was a busy man, and from what I gathered was that he wouldn't really be interacting with me directly that much. But it didn't matter because I ultimately worked for him, and everything I did was for him and overseen by him.

"Do you need a tie? I know Carter is a real asshole when it comes to that."

I didn't know if this was a trap so I just shook my head no.

"He said next time. I have one I just didn't know. And he doesn't seem so bad."

I thought sticking up for him would earn me brownie points but I just got laughed at.

"He's a fucking douchebag. And if he heard me talking about him like this he'd fire me in a second. So please keep this between us. I'm trying to help you out here."

"Oh I understand. I appreciate it, thank you."

I felt bad that I forgot the name of the guy training me but I had too much on my plate to think about it. I just focused on what he was telling me and tried to take mental notes.

I wanted to do well, I wanted Mr. Sinclair to be happy with my work; I wanted to impress him. It was going to be a challenge but I was up for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for reading! Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!! We love you so much!

Xoxo LoveForGiraffes