Status: hi guys this is a story by ruskin bond which i wrote in my own words

Faces in the Night

faces in the night

Mr Hammington, the principal of St James hostel, had just finished his work and had left for his home. He checked his watch. It was 12:30 in the night. 'Just a few minutes and I'll reach home' thought Mr Hammington, as he briskly walked towards his home.
On his way, he saw a boy sitting on the streets. The boy had his face covered in his hands. 'Hey, boy! What are you doing out here on the streets at midnight! Go home!' shouted Mr Hammington in an angry tone. But the boy did not answer. Mr Hammington approached the boy , and now he could hear the boy weeping.
Mr Hammington said in a kind voice, 'What's the matter boy? Why are you crying?' But the boy did not say anything. 'Look at me' said Mr Hammington, placing his hand on the boy's shoulder. The boy looked up, and that's when Mr Hammington experienced pure fear for the first time.
The boy had no face! There was just blank skin, no facial features! No eyes, nose mouth or ears.
Mr Hammington screamed, and ran as fast as he could in the opposite direction.
Finally, he became tired, and stopped for a while. Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder, and he turned back startled. It was a watchman, just doing his night duty, but Mr Hammington could not see his face in the dark. The watchman had a lamp in his hand.
'What happened sir? I saw you running. But why were you running?' asked the watchman.
Mr Hammington replied in a terrified voice, 'I saw a boy in the street who had no face at all! No facial features, just a blank face!'
'Like this, sir?' said the watchman, and held the lamp near his own face.
His face was blank too! Just like a blank page!
And that's when the lamp's light went out.........