My Way Home Is Through You

Part: 7

Gerard and Frank lay together side by side, blissfully happy. They have taken a major step in the next direction of their relationship.

They have rings on their fingers to symbolizes the commitment they want to make to each other, not that they weren't committed before.

The happy couple unfortunately had to climb out of bed and get their clothes back on. Sadly, they could not spend the rest of their lives laying naked in Gerard's bed, no matter how much they would like to.

"I'm starving. You wanna order a pizza or some shit?" Frank asked Gerard as his stomach rumbled.
Gerard giggled, nodding his head in agreement. "Sounds good. You want anything on it babe?"
"Plain is fine with me. Oh, but get extra cheese on it."
"Okie dokie, I'll go ask Mikey if he wants anything." Gerard left the bedroom and Frank stayed behind to make Gerard's bed.

Frank, Mikey, and Gerard sat in front of the television watching The Nightmare Before Christmas for about the one billionth time. Mikey and Gerard moaned and whined in protest. They did not wanna watch it again. Gerard decided he needs to stop letting his boyfriend choose movies for them all to watch.

"Seriously Frankie? Haven't you seen this movie enough?"
Frank shook his head. "Uh, nope. Not nearly enough. Another hundred times should do it though."
"Ugh, Frank. What am I going to do with you?" Gerard shook his head and giggled.
"Just love me?" Frank replied, batting his eyelashes at his boyfriend.
"Oh God. Please stop whatever you are doing right now." Mikey whined.

Frank and Gerard laughed and kissed each other. Mikey pretend to gag and stood up to leave the room to get a refill on his iced tea.

****
Mikey and Gerard went out shopping for groceries together since Mikey started to complain that Gerard never bought anything he liked.

Gerard usually did the grocery shopping by himself.

They went in line to check out and the cashier was clearly checking Mikey out. Gerard knew right away what those looks the guy was giving his brother meant. Mikey wasn't really paying any attention, because of the fact Mikey is in a relationship with a girl. The name tag pinned to the cashier's name tag read " Pete."

Gerard couldn't hold in his laughter anymore and let it all out when he and Mikey reached Mikey's car.

"What's so funny?" Mikey raised an eyebrow and popped the trunk lid.
"You didn't see it did you?"
"What? See what?"
"The cashier. He was totally eying you up."
Mikey snorted a laugh. "You're insane. He was not."
"Oh but but he was, my dear brother." Gerard giggled as he put the last of the groceries into the trunk.
Mikey shut the trunk and put the shopping cart away. "So what if he was? I have a girlfriend so it doesn't matter."
"Aw, Mikey doesn't want some penis on the side?"
"Oh shut up Gerard."

They got inside the car and drove back home.

The brothers unloaded the groceries and put away everything in their proper places. Mikey took a shower while Gerard put away laundry he did this morning.

Frank was visiting his grandparents so he hasn't heard from Frank today. Gerard wasn't worried about it. He knew Frank would call him when he got home. He can see him any other time. He wanted to let Frank enjoy his time with his family.

Around 10:30 Gerard crawled into bed and was fast asleep.

****
*One week later*

Gerard woke up early and got to work on a painting he wanted to do to surprise Frank with. Their one year anniversary was creeping up fast. He wanted to do something special and thought this would be a heck of a lot more meaningful than some other silly gift.

It was a simple painting, but yet elegant. It was just Frank's face. Complete with his piercings, nose ring and lip ring.

You could make out his features perfectly. You could take one look at the painting and be able to tell who the person is supposed to be.

Gerard was very proud of himself.

Gerard noticed there was a whole on Frank's nose where a piercing would go. He asked the other why he hasn't had it in. He said he wasn't sure if he liked it or not but he put the ring back in for Gerard.

Frank believed Gerard when he told him it looks amazing on him. Frank hasn't taken the nose ring out since. (unless he had to.)

Gerard put away his paints and rinsed the paint out of his paint brush when he froze in his tracks, feeling like he was being watched. He shook it off and went back to the task at hand.

He signed the bottom right corner of the painting with xoG

He cannot wait until he gets to see the look on Frank's face when he shows him the painting.

****
Mikey and Gerard spent the next day hanging out with friends they haven't seen in a while. Ryan and Brendon. They are another gay couple. Mikey liked to make jokes that he knows more gay couples now than straight ones.

"Watch out Mikey, you might turn into one of us." Brendon joked.
"One of us, one of us, one of us." Gerard chanted followed by a laugh.
"Shut up. That is not going to happen." Mikey said in protest.

The other three men busted out laughing while Mikey crossed his arms and pouted.

"So, I see you have a ring on your finger. Tell us." Ryan chimed in.
"Oh. My boyfriend gave me a promise ring."
"Aw, how cuteee." Brendon squealed, taking Gerard's arm so he can get a better look at the gold band.
"Are you two going to get married?"
"What? No. I mean it's too early to think about that kind of thing. We only been dating for 11 months."
"Wow. Really? Just eleven months?"
Gerard nodded his head in response. "Uh-huh. Our anniversary is on April 18th."
"Isn't your birthday in April?"
"Haha yeah it is. The 9th"
"Oooh that's a special month for the both of you, huh?" Ryan asked Gerard.
Gerard chuckled lightly. "I suppose it kind of is."