Status: Completed, so ENJOY!

Lose Your Fight

Keep Us Safe (*end*)

Story dedicated the lovely @imissyouimsosorry
____

Jack blinked hard, exposing his brown eyes to the first harsh rays of morning sunlight. He was blinded for a minute or two, but when he regained sight, he glanced at the figure lying with his face buried in his chest.

Alex breathed heavily in sleep on his boyfriend's neck, hot and ragged. The younger smiled down at him, admiring every aspect of the man in his arms.

His lips were parted and his eyes were shut lightly as he clung onto Jack. His fingers were curled around the fabric of his t-shirt, something he couldn't sleep without doing. His plain brown hair swept across his face, almost long enough to tickle his cheekbones, but not quite. His cheeks were flushed pink and his nose was red from allergy season.

A certain innocence graced his features gently and vulnerability came over him like a crashing wave. Alex looked like an angel, and Jack was lucky to have him.

Never would he take advantage of the man he hadn't had to himself. A year later, Jack did everything in his power to keep Alex safe, since that was what the elder did for him then.

Then, he stirred in his slumber, fingers tightening around the shirt. His legs shuffled until they were stretched out fully, then his eyes opened just barely.

Seeing his boyfriend next to him, Alex smiled with drowsiness, his gaze barely there to match the gentle smile. His teeth weren't visible through his pink lips, but his features glowed with happiness in the morning light.

He stretched his arms over his head, groaning when he felt a satisfying crack. Alex giggled, the sound making Jack smile too. Really, the elder was beautiful.

Surprise overtook his expression when the brunette got up slowly and crawled on top of him, wrapping his arms around his neck. He peppered kisses all over his face with a huge grin, laughing as Jack raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"I love you so much," Alex whispered, pressing their noses together and looking directly into his eyes. The taller man wasn't exactly sure what had gotten into his boyfriend of a year, but he sure was enjoying it.

Alex depended on him, and that was the only closure he needed.

"What's gotten into you?" He asked, briefly kissing his lips and smiling back to mirror the look of joy on his face.

"I want you to know how much you mean to me... It took us a while to be able to have a steady, uninterrupted relationship. I was thinking last night, and I'm happier than I've ever been. Jack, you were just what I needed. I shouldn't have ever hurt you, and I can't believe you ever forgave me, but you did. And I want you to realize how much I care."

"Alex, I-"

"No, wait. I'm not done... Jack, you mean the entire world to me. I'm so happy to have gotten Lisa out of my hair, and maybe one day, we'll get married and have kids, but right now, I'm beyond happy. You make every day worth getting up to. I love you, Jay. Remember that."

Jack's eyes were watering at his words, because that was the nicest thing anyone had ever said to him. He hoped Alex knew he loved him back, just as much. He wanted to tell him not to worry, that the feelings were reciprocated fully, but right now, he couldn't get any words out.

Instead, he just pressed their noses together and smiled, as Alex let his eyes fall shut. Minutes passed in that exact position, the elder's arms wrapped around Jack's neck. Being with each other had become a dependency for both men.

Safe little house, safe little friends, safe little thoughts to keep you safe.

And eventually, they'd find they'd be safe from the big bad wolves. Together.
______
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hate how this ends.
Anyway, should I do an epilogue? If so, what should it be about?
God, I really hate this, help me
-juj