Status: These are my true dreams; what my subconscious envisions as I sleep. Updates will occur only when my mind dreams.

The State of Strange and Weird

Burger King of Skeletons

“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’” – George Bernard Shaw


This dream showcases one of those class clowns from LCS that I have previously mentioned in another dream. His name is Amir, a tall Pakistani who knew the perfect moment to insert a pun. He could make the most miserable person laugh and was the mast of breaking the ice. He has grown into a phenomenal man, one whose humor is still prevalent in all he does.

It is late into the night. There is a church resting on a high hill, almost like the mountain area in which Hogwarts is built into. The sky is a navy blue color, fog drifting along the base of this old, Gothic style church. There is a service being held indoors whilst my teen self and a few adults are tasked with monitoring the children in the gymnasium. While the exterior of the building holds ancient architecture designs, the interior is very modern.

Somehow, two little boys are able to escape all of our watchful eyes. As the youngest sitter, I am sent after them. I walk from a door in the gym leading to the outside. A chilliness crawls over my pale skin. This door has opened to a set of eerie, old stone steps that lead down this mountain. Dim torches light the downward path. As the steps even out, they turn to tunnels, every once in a while a stone arch breaking up the darkness of the tunnels. These stairs lead me to a different church, one more modern and made of brick. It is suddenly daylight.

The parking lot of this church is a mess, empty of cars but filled with green dumpsters. The church’s Youth Group is moving throughout the lot picking up trash with Pik Stiks. I join in, my attire standing out against their prison inmate garb. I gravitate towards two girls close to my age – sixteen – and we soon find ourselves driving around in a Gator, a green vehicle similar to a golf cart. Our screams and giggles ensue as we are recklessly driving about.

The earth begins to rattle, little rocks and clumps of dirt being pushed into the air as though a mole rat was digging its way up from the ground. From these holes, climb skeletons, their smiles crooked and spikey. Two jump onto the Gator, causing us to cry out in fear. The steering wheel is released and the cart sways across the lot. We barrel role across the road, the skeletons left to climb over the unmanned cart. The girls and I join the others as they flock for the far end of the parking lot. We join others who are crouched between two brown dumpsters. Burger King trash is specific to this area.

One by one, the people begin to vanish, their bodies blown away like a puff of smoke. The number swiftly dwindles down to only seven unfortunate souls, me being one of them. This is where Amir comes in. He jumps up from behind the brown dumpsters, a Burger King paper crown adorning his caramel colored head. His black hair is long, brushing over his ears. He holds his fists up in victory as the skeletons jeer beside them. He is their king, the Burger King of Skeletons.

The remaining Youth Group survivors panic, grabbing for whatever they could brandish as a weapon against this horrific army of bones. They begin pelting wads of trash at the skeletons, surprisingly able to stop a few in their path. Instead of turning and running for the hill that stands behind us, we choose to stay, utilizing the trash as weapons against Amir and the skeletons. Their footsteps closer are walked in intimidation, their bodies looming over us as we press back into the road. They come closer, closer, closer…awaken.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's not much to say about this one. Kind of wish I could travel back in time and understand what was going on in my mind/life at this time. I had a huge crush on Amir my freshman and sophomore year, but normally dreams that involve a crush are more…romantic? Perhaps my virgin mind didn't know how to dream about love at that time.

Church: To see the outside of the church in your dream signifies sacredness and spiritual nourishment. It is representative of your value system and the things you hold sacred.

Skeleton: To see a skeleton in your dream represents something that is not fully developed. You may still in be the planning stages of some situation or project. Alternatively, a skeleton symbolizes death, transformation, or changes. You need to get to the bottom of some matter. The skeleton may also be a metaphor for "skeletons in your closet." Do you have something to hide?

Fast Food: To see or eat fast food in your dream indicates that you are not taking the time to cater to your emotions. You are not taking good care of your physical or mental health.

Dumpster: To dream that you are at a dumpster implies that you may that you are being dumped on. You feel rejected. Alternatively, it indicates that you are trying to rid yourself of old, negative habits and bad characteristics.