Status: Just Writing this fantasy so I don't forget it one day. If peoplel like it that's cool too.

Starting Over

New Eyes

Blurred, and bright where Vivi's first thoughts, as she groggily blinked the world in to focus. She found herself looking up at a white ceiling, laying on a bed. She rolled over trying to sort things out, only to find Xavier. He was curled up in to a ball, as close to her as possible, with out actually touching her. Vivian smiled at his sleeping figure. Moving gently, she rolled on her side, running her fingers lightly through Xavier's hair.

The room seemed to be some type of common quarters. Off to the corner was a desk, and a book shelf. But at the side of the bed was a dresser. An office slash bedroom? I wonder where we are? Vivian sighed, as she contemplated what happened to her. How embarrassing. Kakashi must think I'm a joke... And Xavier? She looked gently upon him. What does he think of his aunt now? I must have really worried him. I've never seen him show this kind of affection She kissed his cheek. I like his sweet side... I wish he showed it more.

Vivian wrapped an arm around Xavier. He groaned slightly, but cuddled further in to her. Vivian smiled, and closed her eyes. With him right here, I feel so warm, and light. The darkness can't get me because I have someone besides myself to protect. She could hear the hum of a fan, and the steady sound of breathing. I wonder, what time is it? Foot steps approach lightly, and Vivi could hear the twist of the door handle.

Kakashi poked his head in to Vivi's room, slowly. At least they are sleeping peacefully. Kakashi thought as he gazed upon the two. They must care about each other, a lot, but never really show it. At least Xavier doesn't. He raised his eyebrow at Xavier before motioning to leave.

“Kakashi,” Vivi whispered. And sat up trying not to stir the boy.

“Hmm?” Kakashi stepped in quietly. Vivi rose carefully out of bed, and walked to him.

“Thanks,” her voice was quiet and soft, as she gripped Kakashi's hand in her own. Their hearts thumped rapidly, with the warm contact of their flesh. She let go, and gazed in to his eyes. Kakashi nodded slightly, and they studied each other. For the first time in a long time they saw each other, with out the past hanging thick in the air.

Maybe I'm sleepy... maybe I'm not...But- Vivi's hand caressed the side of Kakashi's face. She looked deep in to his dark eyes, and realized how they had changed. Wiser, more at peace, and some how sad. Like he's carrying something heavy on his conscience... then again, he is Hokage. She pinched the corner of his mask between her fingers. Kakashi swiftly grabbed her hand, out of reflex. Uncertain Vivian stepped back.

“No, wait,” Kakashi relaxed. “Go ahead.” Vivi nodded, and carefully peeled away the mask. She couldn't help but smile, as a thin blush appeared on her cheeks. He looks almost identical to his father.

Fingertips caressed the contours of his face, making his heart race. It was his turn to blush. Still he is Kakashi... But there's something here. Unconsciously she leaned in, and even tilted up on her toes, as she focused on his eyes. One hand was still holding his face, and her other rested on his chest for stability.

Kakashi could feel her breath brush against his own lips. He could smell her scent, shampoo mingled with sweat. It's not a bad smell. He too examined her features. Up close she looks almost the same. She has more lines of worry, and her eyes...

Kakashi took this time to assess Vivi's eyes while her guard was down. Fragile, concerned... and wiser, but in a dark way. Kakashi's hand moved to the back of Vivi's head. Gently he pressed in, closing the gap between their faces. Vivi's heart lurched, and nervous wings flew around her stomach, as their foreheads rested against each other.

“I'm going to bring light back to your eyes Vivi,” Kakashi whispered. Vivian inhaled, ready with a sharp comment, but it froze in her mouth. She hesitated, cause she knew it was true, her light had disappeared. I know that it's never coming back either. She felt her self coming down to earth.

“Good luck, Kakashi,” she whispered lifelessly. Just then, the door handle twisted, and a wave of air rolled over them, as the door opened.

“Lord Hokakge, we ne-” The young Chunin held a clipboard, and hesitated, as his brown eyes absorbed the scene. Kakashi swiftly pulled up his mask, and Vivi jumped away from him nervously. “I uh... Sir?”

“Yes Zai?” Kakashi responded coolly, as if nothing happened. Zai wore a typical green Chunin vest, pants, sandals, and a dark long sleeve shirt. Thin square glasses rested on his nose, and a blue ninja bandana covered his head. The man didn't see Kakashi's face, Vivi's hand was in the way. He looked between the two confused, and then blushed.

“I apologize for interrupting,” he bowed. “Um, do you need a uh, a moment?”

“No, it's fine. Just tell me Zai,” Kakashi turned, and waited expectantly.

“Yes sir,” he bowed. “There's a pressing issue concerning the union of the samurai. New intelligence has confirmed the incorporation of ninja techniques, as well as the donning of head bands marked with a sword. It's raising concern that this place is turning in to a ninja village, and could upset the balance of peace, due to a power shift. They are already attacking our ninja, and disrupting some of our lower level missions.”

“Hmm,” Kakashi's eyebrows narrowed. “Alright let's go to my office so I can examine the situation more closely.” He grabbed the clipboard looking over the papers. “Excuse me Vivi, I'll be back later. Feel free to do, as you please. If you have any questions just ask one of these fine shinobi.”Zai waved nervously, as he studied Vivi's body. He spotted the boy on the bed, and then glanced at Kakashi, still unsure of what to think.

“You're lord Ongaku right? The legendary siren? It's an honor,” he bowed to her.

“I uh, thanks.” Vivian tried to smile, but it felt strange. This whole situation is awkward. Legendary Sire? It's been a very long time, since I heard that.

“You coming Zai?” Kakashi was already out the door.

“Uh, y-yes sir. Sorry,” Zai looked nervously back, and forth between Kakashi, and Vivian. “Have a good day ma'am.” He smiled with a slight blush, as he looked over Vivian again, then left.

“That was... weird.” Vivian crossed her arms over her body, as if blocking the sensation his eyes left behind. Did he just call me ma'am? Awe man I feel old. Vivian sighed, and sank in to the chair by the desk.