Status: Just Writing this fantasy so I don't forget it one day. If peoplel like it that's cool too.

Starting Over

Looking Good

“Some time tomorrow we will be meeting up with a fellow ninja. He will accompany us back to the village.” Kakashi said while laying out his sleeping bag near the camp fire.

“He?” Vivian raised an eyebrow.

“It's someone who's been missing you a lot. He can't seem to shut up since he didn't get to see you on your last visit... or should I say disappearance.” His tone was average but his words seemed bitter to Vivian.

“Hmm I can't wait to see who it is,” she kept it short and Kurt. Vivian tried to think back to her last visit and couldn't remember if she had seen anyone. It felt like so long ago, a different life even. Ah whatever, it can't be anyone worse than Kakashi at least. She looked over at Xavier laying in his bag gazing at the fire. He had gone back to his silent ways. I wish I knew how to heal this boy. He seems like he's carrying so much weight and he won't share with anyone. My biggest hope for him is to find friends, find his place in the world that makes him happy.

“Vivian?” Kakashi spoke softly interrupting her thoughts.
“Hmm?” she looked over at him lost for a second. Kakashi's heart skipped a beat as he caught her gaze. It wasn't harsh or cold, in the confused gloss he could see warmth. He was caught remembering how she use to be. “Kakashi?”

“Oh,” he picked up his book and responded absently. “I was just thinking we should work on Xavier's look. The less people who can recognize him the better.” The boy turned his attention to the conversation and propped his head up on his hand.

“Konoha is so out of the way from all of that, do you think anyone would notice?” she replied.

“Well with something like this,” kakashi pulled out a wanted poster, “It can't be helped.” Xavier perked up and snatched the poster with stars in his eyes.

Whoa my first ever wanted poster. My hair is way shorter but that's me. His eyes drifted down to the reward. “300 berries,” his face twitched thinking of his fathers giant bounty of 77,000,000. The he smiled. “Yeah, you know gotta start somewhere. This is even larger than choppers bounty. His is only 50 ya know?”

“Gimme that,” she snatched it, eyes rolling over every inch. “Hmmm... I guess we should then.” She eyed him up and down. “So kid, what's your new style gonna be?”

“Style... like fighting?” he questioned innocently. Vivian palm faced.

“No, no,” she shook her head. Hello Vivi of course an 8 year old boy wouldn't know about style.

“We are talking about something that affects your appearance. We are trying to make you look different than what you do in this picture.” Kakashi explained.

“Well my hair is already longer.”

“Mm your on the right track but, something more. Cause we can still tell it's you.”

“Then how would I show off about my bounty, if no one knows it's me?”
“weeell-” Kakashi hesitated nervously. Is this kid serious? “Where we come from a bounty isn't a good thing to have.”

“That's weird,” the boy yawned.

“Any ideas, like a hair cut, outfit or mask?” Vivian suggested.

“Hmm... a mask sounds ok. You wear a mask and so does kakashi.”

“Yeah that's actually really great. And it's not something that needs to be maintained like a hair color.” Vivian rubbed his head.

“So give me a mask like kakashi,” he glanced over at the man then back at the fire. Secretly he admired his cool attitude and for once a man of his strength spoke to him and gave him advice. There was no hitting, or being made fun of, or yelling.

“We will also need to cover up your tattoo,” Kakashi threw in.
“No, this is mine! It shows my loyalty to the crew and the family that I belong to!” he stood up quickly.

“Chill X we aren't removing it,” Vivian said in a commanding tone. Xavier took a few breaths then slowly sat down. “You're just gonna have to wear a shirt. The weather isn't tropical either so it might just be useful.”

Xavier rolled over and grunted in response. “I'll take that as an ok aunty sure thing,” Vivian smiled and laid down.

“Looks like I'm taking first watch then,” kakashi spoke softly and turned a page in his book. Vivian eyed him as she laid there. He had aged some but so did she, after 5 years it's bound to happen. She felt a longing for him even though he was right in front of her. It's more like I want the person he use to be... before “it” happened... I want the us that use to be... She knew the contours of his face even with his mask on, the lines of his lips, the small beauty mark under the left corner of his mouth, the feel of his cheek under her finger tips. She closed her eyes and drifted away. Not ever again.