Status: Just Writing this fantasy so I don't forget it one day. If peoplel like it that's cool too.

Starting Over

You Have to Mean it

Kakashi had laid Vivian down in bed. She rested uneasily, tossing, turning, and a cold sweat had broke out on her brow. He sighed, and watched for a while, Kakashi was uncertain of what to do. The medical ninja said it was nothing serious. It was stress, or a panic attack like I assumed. Xavier was pacing anxiously in Kakashi's office, waiting for the okay to see Vivian.

I can't let him see her in this condition... But if I use the jutsu... Kakashi reach towards her, as she let out a soft agonized moan. He frowned uncertain. I wouldn't want to see something too personal... He weighed the odds, and decided to go for it. It's been so many years. Since I've done this. Kakashi paused, inhaling deeply he felt his chakra flow through him. He exhaled, and siphoned the energy in to his hands. With a long string of hand symbols, a purple aura encompassed his right index, and middle finger.

“Third eye, be seen, and show what is hidden behind!” He pressed his fingers to Vivian's forehead. The purple from his fingers, resided on her forehead, in a pool of light. A small purple eye appeared, and opened, swiveling around. It locked on to a fixed point, straight ahead, and a beam of light shot up from the eye, widening out.

Kakashi was now staring at a floating blob of light. It began to flicker, and images appeared. He glanced down at Vivi, her face flinched, but she remained unconscious. Now, let's see what's on your mind. He gazed upon the images being shown to him.

Vivian stood in a dark room, she was a little girl. Young Vivi wore an elegant dress, and little pink flowers lay in a halo around her head. Rips, and black smudges screamed against the white fabric of her gown. Her hands covered her face, and her shoulders shook with sobs.

A young man appeared about 13 years old. Dark chocolate skin, golden eyes, and black short hair. James? Kakashi recalled Vivi's oldest brother. The scene lightened, then Vivi, and her brother where standing in a large living room. The kitchen could be seen behind them, and a big circular rug covered the hardwood floors, on which they stood. The walls seemed gray, as the light was very dim.

Golden eyes narrowed in to scowl, so harsh it could burn through walls. James leaned down directly in front of Vivi, his mouth opened, and it would seem he was yelling directly in to her face. Vivi sobbed more, but her hands continued to cover her face. James grew frustrated, and began shaking her violently. Vivi dropped her hands, face puffy, wet, and red. She screamed back at James, and suddenly she was flying backwards in to a wall. She gasped on impact, and fell to the floor. James walked up, and pointed furiously at her, wagging his finger. He pulled his leg up abruptly, and aimed to stomp on her stomach, but she rolled over, and scurried out the front door.

She ran down a narrow dirt path, glancing fearfully behind her, she tripped, and went tumbling. A dark mountain of a man, with kind golden eyes plucked her up. He held her at his hip wiping her tears. “Lord Ongaku,” Kakashi whispered as his heart tugged a little. He was like a father to me, when mine passed away.

Vivi sniffed, and smiled up at him, as he adjusted the flowers in her hair, and swayed back, and forth with her in his arms. She leaned in hugging him tight with her eyes closed, as if willing away all the bad. The scene flashed, and Vivi was kneeling on the ground hugging the same man. Only, now she was older, a teenager, and she was covered in blood. Lord Ongaku had been violently ripped in half, by the 9 tailed beast. His legs lay in a mangled heap near his body. Lacerations, and marks covered the rest of him. Vivi squeezed her eyes shut, trying to block out the scene. She gripped the mans torso tightly, rocking back and forth.

James walked up behind her, his eyes sad, and kinder than his younger self. Vivi gazed up at him, as he reached a hand out to her, he seemed to freeze in place, and begin to tremble. His flesh flew away in chunks, as his body exploded. Bursts of bright scarlet blood, and organs, splashed over Vivi as she screamed, shielding her head, with her arms.

The scene continued to replay each time Vivi tried to run to him, or warn him before it happened. And, each time she remained splattered, with pieces of her brothers body. The images became too much, even for Kakashi to bear. He sighed and placed his hand on her forehead. I hope this works. Clearing his throat he focus his chakra, and his hand began to glow purple again. He opened his mouth and his voice resounding, modulated, and somewhat charming.

♪ “Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue,”♪ he sang slow, soft, and deep. He concentrated on remembering the words, as well as putting as much emotion in to them as the original singer. If you don't mean it, then it don't work. He could hear Lord Ongakus voice in his head. ♪ “And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.”♪

He gazed down at Vivian, and her strained features began to relax. He continued on through the song to the last verse, ♪ “If happy little blue birds fly beyond the rainbow, why, oh why, can't I?”♪ As the song ended the purple glow, and eye faded away. Slow steady breathing was all to be heard in the room. Kakashi ran his finger tips over Vivis peaceful features. She's still so beautiful. I wish, life had been easier on you Vivi. I wish you where the same girl I use to know. Kakashi hesitated before leaning in to kiss her forehead. He waited a few more moments to judge it was safe, before leaving to summon Xavier.