Status: ~Cowrite~

Punk Ass Kids

Sandcastles. ~Terri

~Terriā€™s POV~

It was the summer of 2010, The weather was hot as hell and the beaches were packed with tourists and teenagers basking in the warm Australian sun.

I leaned back on my towel, shoving a hand over my eyes to block the sun from my eyes as I let the warmth spread over my body. I hummed quietly to myself, allowing the troubles of the week escape my mind for a few minutes of tranquility. ' hey guys!' A voice called over, I waved in the direction of the voice before sitting up, as Ashton walked over with a girl about my age. She had black and red cropped hair, and was wearing blue jean shorts and a purple spotted bikini top with matching converses. ' This is Skylar, she's my neighbor!' He flashed his signature smile over at us, Michael walked over and sat beside me; rubbing his wet hair on a towel; I groaned in protest as he wrapped his damp arms around me. ' Hi! I'm Terri; this douchebag is my best friend, Michael' I wiggled from his grasp, elbowing him in the ribs as I smiled over at her.

She sat on the blanket with me, telling me about her big move from England over to Australia; we shared a lot of common interests and it was nice not to be the only girl in our friendship circle. ' So are you going to school here?' I raised an eyebrow, grabbing Michael's discarded shirt from my bag and pulled it over my head ' Uhm, I'm in the same class as Ash..' She smiled, looking over at the water as Ashton stood up splashing one of the boys and laughed loudly. ' I see..' I winked over at Skylar before I stood up, taking a moment to glance around before I spoke ' Do you wanna get an ice cream?' I offered a hand to help her up before grabbing my purse. Skylar nodded and we walked off the direction of the ice cream vendor, we chattered more to each other. ' Terri?' I looked up at her with a warm smile, handing a few dollars to the vendor and took the cones from him. ' Yeah?' She rubbed a hand through her hair, blushing pink before she spoke to me ' Is Ashton.. Seeing anybody?' She cleared her throat, looking around to see if anybody had heard her. ' I don't think so, Do you want me to find out?' I grinned brightly at her, Ashton was a great guy; and I'd never seen him smile as bright as he did when he introduced us. She nodded once, looking down at the ground with a red blush covering her cheeks; we walked back to our spot on the sand and I looked out at the sea, stumbling over my own feet and dropped my ice cream in the sand. My eyes fixated on the tall, blonde figure that had joined Ash and Michael in the water.
' /Who/ is that?!' Skylar said with just as much shock as me, my jaw dropped as we stared at him. His bare chest was damp, and the sun bounced off his tanned skin; highlighting his features perfectly.

I looked down at the puddle of melted ice cream at my feet, sighing with embarrassment as I quickly covered it with sand before flopping onto the blanket, covering my blushing cheeks in my hands. ' well, you don't see that in England' Skylar laughed, nudging me gently; I laughed along with her. I'd lived in England up until I was 8 when I moved over with my mom, I remembered my first day at school here; my clumsiness caused me to collapse in a heap in front of the entire assembly hall and that's when I met Michael, he'd fallen over me and landed in a heap of giggles beside me. ' oh my god..' I spoke in surprise, looking over at the blonde figure in the water once more; she looked over at me with a questioning expression.

' it's Luke Hemmings.'