Status: Should I continue this story?

The Boy by the Window.

1

Alex brought his last cigarette to his lips, covering it with his free hand, he lit his favourite green lighter and took a long drag off it, feeling the nicotine fill his lungs and burn his throat, but he was used to it and grown to like it.

He heard shouting from the house next to his and dragged his feet towards his window. He opened it and rested his chin on his hand, the cigarette was disappearing quickly and he knew he could only take a few more drags off it before it'd be gone.

His eyes fixated on the window opposite of his, waiting for his neighbour to get to his room and stick his head out of the window.

The other sighed at the sight of Alex smoking, like he always did, and mimicked Alex's posture; leaning his chin on his hand on the window frame.

"Those are going to end up killing you" He said referring to the cigarette Alex was holding between his thin lips, nodding his head instead of pointing with his finger.

"Don't you get tired of saying the same thing every day?" He replied, taking an extremely exaggerated long drag off the cigarette and finishing it off. He held the butt between his thumb and index finger and threw it against the other's window.

"Don't you get tired of doing the same thing every day?" He mimicked Alex's voice as he took the butt of the cigarette, which had successfully landed on his window, and threw it to the ground in disgust.

"Not if I succeed to annoy you by doing so" Alex smirked, to which the other rolled his eyes.

"What were you all yelling about this time?" Alex asked.

"Nothing too important" He said.

"Jack, you know these are like freaking paper walls, right? I hear everything you talk about" He chuckled and shook his head.

"Why do you always ask if you already know, then?" Jack rolled his eyes at Alex's stupidity.

"I have no idea" Alex said honestly.

"Pass me a cigarette" Jack asked. Alex growled quietly seeing as they used to have this conversation often and he knew how it always ended.

"No" Alex refused shaking his head, as he always did. Jack only laughed as he shook his head aswell. Alex found Jack's laugh quite contagious, so he ended up laughing with him.

"How was college?" He asked to the younger.

"Stupid ass people licking stupid ass teacher's asses, like always. How was work?" He asked. Alex chucked and shifted to his left feet because he was putting his weight on his right side and his leg was going numb.

"Same shit, different days" He laughed.

"Maybe I should come visit you at work one day" Jack smirked, knowing that Alex didn't like to see the other boy anywhere but by the window opposite of his room.

Alex laughed sarcastically and flicked him off.

"I need to go buy another packet" He announced and roamed through his jeans' pocket in search of money.

"Is that all you buy with the money you earn?" Jack wondered out loud, although he already knew the answer.

"Yep" He replied smiling, as if that was something to be proud of.

"You're going to end up with cancer" Jack warned him.

"And you need to live a little" Alex smirked at the younger.

"I live lots" Both of them laughed at the lie, and Jack muttered something under his breath.

"You're a loser, Jack" Alex called at he laughed and closed the window to turn around on his heels and leave the house to buy his daily packet of cigarettes.

The younger watched Alex walk down the street and went back to his homework once the older disappeared after turning a corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello fellow readers. I never seem to finish my stories so here's yet another new Jalex fan-fic HA. Tell me guys if you like it or not because I'm not sure if it's that good to be continued or not! Love yah x