Status: Should I continue this story?

The Boy by the Window.

12

The irritating sound of the curtain being opened startled Jack and woke him up. He squeezed his eyes and grabbed his jeans to check the time on his phone - it read 2:46PM. He panicked and quickly got dressed in the clothes from the night before and ran downstairs to find Alex sitting at the kitchen counter with a mug in his hands. Alex smiled up at him and offered him to take a seat across from him. On the counter rested a cup of coffee, cereal and orange juice. Jack looked at him gratefully. 

"I don't think I can down any of this" He said chuckling. Alex shrugged, got up and went to the cupboard in search of something. 

"Advil?" 

"Yeah, thanks" He coughed awkwardly. Alex filled a glass with water and handed it to the younger, who thanked him again and downed the pill. Alex sat back down and stared at Jack. The younger couldn't figure out what Alex's facial expressions meant or what he was thinking about, all he knew was that he was expecting the start of a conversation.

"What are you looking at me like that for?" He asked cautiously as he tried to swallow the dry cereal.

"Looking at you like what?" Alex asked raising an eyebrow in confusion. 

"As if you wanted to kill me?" Jack laughed, but Alex narrowed his eyes and kept staring. 

"Kind of, to be honest. Care to tell me what happened last night?" He asked, relaxing a little after releasing the question he was meaning to ask him since the moment he woke up. 

"What do you mean?" Jack asked, playing dumb. The last thing he wanted to do was talk about making out with an older guy while his crush stood there watching.

"For fuck sake, Jack. I know you weren't all that drunk, you remember what happened" Alex rolled his eyes and sighed. 

"I'm hungover so I did drink quite a bit-" He tried, but was cut off by the other.

"Answer the damn question" Alex demanded.

"I made out with-" He was cut off again.

"I know who you made out with - my boss' best friend! What is wrong with you?" Alex frowned.

"What's your problem? He wanted to, and so did I. Why do you even care? It's not like it's going to affect your job" Jack rolled his eyes.

"He's like 27!" Alex stressed, throwing his arms in the air, as if he wasn't able to understand what Jack was talking about. 

"And now you're going to say you care about his age, right? You didn't want me to make out with anyone and you're jealous that I did" He acussed Alex, who grimaced and got up. 

"What are you talking about? I'm trying to look out-" He was the one being cut off now. Jack got up too, both standing a few feet away from each other. 

"Next time you want to hang out with me in means to make out with me, have the balls to tell me you want to or that you like me. Don't wait for me to make a move because you know I won't" Jack spat at him, which angried Alex. 

"You did make a move though-" 

"He did, actually. What a surprise huh? Someone like him coming onto me? I know" He frowned at Alex's surprised expression. 

"Jack, I don't like you, I just don't want you to make out with anyone"

"That doesn't make sense, Alex. Talk to me when you have the guts to tell me the truth" Jack finished his water and walked towards the main door. Alex sighed and followed after him, stopping him by grabbing his arm.

"I do like you" He said sighing. Those four words made Jack turn around and look at him.

"Are you messing with me?" He pulled away from Alex's grip and stared at him.

"I do, and I'm hurt" Alex admitted, sounding small and delicate, something Jack thought he would never see.

"What do you mean?" The younger asked and closed the door behind him to show Alex he was waiting for an explanation.

"We've kissed, we've made out, we've basically told each other we like each other and I accidentally said we were a thing, and what do you do? Go out, with me, and make out with someone else. Did you think I would be happy to see that? To feel like that?" Alex's eyes were on Jack, on every part of him, looking for something - anything. Jack, on the other hand, looked as if realization hit him hard in the head.

"I- Alex, I was drunk and-" He started stuttering.

"You just said you wanted to make out with him. I thought we were something" He said slowly.

"Something? Alex, just because we've made out doesn't mean we are dating or anything. You don't even talk to me if I don't start the conversation. I am just an entertainment to you, just like many other people you make out with are" Jack was getting angry now. It seemed as if they were changing roles - Jack being the agressive teen and Alex being the delicate one. The younger was angry partially because Alex wasn't being his usual self and it made the situation even more real.

"What about inviting you to dinner? That goodnight kiss, the thing you said and how you acted? How was that not supposed to lead me on into thinking you wanted something else? You kissed me on the cheek last night because I was mad at you. And what other people? You are the only one I hang out with, I- I" He got lost in his thoughts. Memories and scenes of the previous night coming to his head and altering his thoughts.

"I'm sorry. I did something and I hurt you, I'm sorry" Jack grabbed both of Alex's hands and looked him in the eyes. He was breathing soundly and looked as if he was going to have a panic attack.

"I was- I am trying to open up to you. I have never done this with anyone, and all I got from making am effort is rejection and pain, no wonder I didn't do this earlier" He chuckled lightly, looking down at his feet. "It's so hard for me to show my real self to you, you have no idea. I would like if you at least appreciated it" He furrowed his eyebrows. His chest started feeling tight and he suddenly wanted Jack gone - he wanted to be alone in his room, he needed his space and less talking about his inner self.

"I'm am asshole" Is all Jack said and took a step forward to give Alex a hug. "And I'm sorry" He whispered once the shorter was in his arms.

"I don't mean to be rude but I would like to have some space right now" Alex mumbled against Jack's chest, who nodded and had the guts to plant a kiss on his temple before pulling away.

"I'd better get home. My parents are going to kill me" Jack smiled a bit and Alex nodded. "Text me when you're good to talk?" He asked as he opened the front door. Alex only nodded again. Once Jack was gone, he walked up to his room and got in bed intending to have a four hour long nap.

Jack walked the few steps to his front door and opened it slowly, hoping his parents would be napping or out. He didn't hear any shouting once he closed the door behind him, so he tiptoed up to his room and laid on his bed.

Even though he had slept for a while, he started to feel emotionally drained and not well at all. He knew what he had done the previous night was wrong in so many levels. He knew he had been an asshole to Alex when the only thing the other boy was doing was trying.

Alex's behaviour and words got stuck in his head. He was pushing away something he wanted badly and he had no idea why. The fact that Alex had admitted that he liked him made him feel proud of Alex - he knew what an insensitive asshole he could be some times and seeing that he had the courage to tell him such a thing brought warmth into Jack's chest.

He decided he would think about everything once he took a nap. He definitely needed to clear his mind.

After debating on it for a while, he decided to send a simple text to Alex that read:

"Just so you know, I heard you when you said I'm only yours last night. It is true."

He sighed and turned around in bed, wishing things were different.
♠ ♠ ♠
------
A/N: 1. I'm sorry it took me so long to update (message me if you want to know why - it's not something im proud to be sharing with everyone.)
2. Im sorry this is way shorter than the other chapters.
3. Im sorry nothing much happened in this chapter
4. Where do you guys want this story to go? Any suggestion?

Thnx for reading x