Status: Should I continue this story?

The Boy by the Window.

4

It had been an exciting week, Jack could say that. He spent day and night thinking of the day he would go over to Alex's and be in his room. The younger would have never thought he would be spending time with the elder willingly and even if he wanted to, he didn't think Alex would ever want to spend time with him anyway.

He hadn't seen Alex in all week - not in his room, not on his way to college. He didn't think anything of it because he wasn't used to seeing him outside the house on a regular basis anyway, but he never got the chance to talk to the elder about whether he was still up to meet up with him in case he chickened out for whatever reason.

Jack was starting to get a little anxious about meeting the elder. He was vile, rude and aggressively carefree in his eyes, but there was something about his attitude that caught Jack's interest in him and it scared him because he really didn't want to get attached to the elder. He knew Alex abominated Jack - that was one of the reasons why he didn't want to get close to the elder, in case they started to get along and Alex would let him down eventually.

It was Saturday afternoon and Jack knew the elder was at home because he had his weekend afternoons off. Just like the previous week, Alex was nowhere to be seen. Jack called out for him from his window but there was no response this time. He called again, and again, but only the cold breeze of the evening was out there.

He flopped onto the bed and started listening to music. Just then, his mum knocked on the door and he let her in.

"We're going out for dinner with the Gaskarth's again but Alex is ill, apparently, so I'm guessing you don't want to come with us?" Mrs. Barakat said and waited for his response.

"Are May and Joe going too?" He asked.

"No, they have to work" Jack shook his head and his mum left the room, closing the door behind her.

Just then, his phone started buzzing. He picked it up from the night stand and looked at the unknown ID. He picked up despite not knowing who was calling him. He had nothing to lose.

"Hello?"

"Jack, I'm Alex. I got your number from my mum"

"Hey. My mum said you're ill but you're not in your room"

"I'm not going to get you high in my room. What if my parents walk in on us smoking? I told them I was sick and in bed, and not to come into my room because I would be sleeping"

"Smart. So, where are you right now?"

"I'm currently at Subway, meet me here?"

"Which one?"

"The one by my workplace"

"I'll be there soon"

"No, hold on. Not yet, my friends are still here. I'll be done eating in like half an hour"

"Whatever, fine"

Jack sighed and laid back on his bed, thinking that Alex was way too arrogant to let himself be seen with the younger because his friends considered Jack to be a loser who didn't deserve to hang out with such cool guys like Alex.

-

Half an hour later and they were both at Subway. Alex's friends had left and he greeted the younger with a nod. Jack rolled his eyes and took his time to get a sandwich because he hadn't had anything to eat in hours. They made their way to the back of the building once they had everything they needed.

"How long does its effect last?" Jack asked as they slid their backs down the wall.

"Well, that depends if you're mixing it with tobacco or smoking it on its own. I always smoke it on its own because why would I waste tobacco when I can get high on only weed, you get me? It can last from an hour to two, it is different for everyone" Alex explained and texted his friends. They were having a serious conversation about kicking one of their friends out of their group because he was a douche.

"Texting your girlfriend?" Jack asked rolling his eyes. He didn't want to waste all his night watching Alex on his phone.

"No, I don't have a girlfriend. I'm talking to my friends" Alex said and put his phone away.

"I don't have all night, you know?" He huffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Eager, are we? First, take off your hoodie" Alex instructed, taking his own off.

"Why? It's so cold"

"You don't want to smell like weed, do you? Its smell gets attached into everything" Jack obeyed with a frown and watched as Alex grabbed a pack of cigarettes out of his jacket. The ciggs had been replaced by three or four joints, Jack couldn't really tell how many there were in the pack.

"You're not going to teach me how to roll them?" Jack wondered, although he already knew the answer.

"Why would I teach you how to roll 'em? It's not like you're going to start smoking weed every day now" The elder chuckled and took one of them out.

"Hey, I might" He protested trying to sound more mature.

"Sure" Alex laughed and lit the joint with a lighter Jack hadn't seen before. "Okay, so this is your first time ever, right?" Jack nodded and watched him take a long drag off it to start if off. "I'll have to show you how to inhale properly then. Most people don't even inhale the smoke when they first start smoking and they make a full of themselves pretending they are high" He laughed, and it made Jack laugh too.

"I have to admit I'm a little nervous" Jack said shyly. He didn't want Alex to think any less of him by that.

"Understandable. Here" Alex handed him the joint and Jack picked it with his index finger and thumb. "No, no, not like that. That's how people who think they're super cool for smoking hold the joint. Just use your index and middle finger as if you were smoking a cigg" Alex explained and Jack did so, waiting for further instructions.

"Uh, you have to lit it again?" Jack asked unsure, seeing as the fire had burnt away.

"Yeah. All you have to do is inhale and take a deep breath as you do so. Hold it in for a little and exhale the smoke. Let's see how you do" Alex smirked as he lit the joint. "Go"

Jack hesitated to place the joint in between his lips knowing that it had previously touched Alex's, but it wasn't the right time to start discussing about germs, so he grabbed the filter between his lips and did as he was told. He inhaled, took a deep breath and held it in before exhaling. It felt so natural, so good. He felt a little dizzy and he told Alex so. The elder only laughed and took the joint out of Jack's fingers.

They spent a good fifteen minutes taking turns until they finished it off and Jack started having trouble trying to keep his eyes open.

"Alex, I can't" Jack said once the joint was no longer in their fingers and he felt like his head was on the clouds.

"You can't what?" Alex laughed, not because of the effect of the weed, but because Jack's reaction was hilarious. He looked like a lost puppy looking for his owner.

"I can't feel my head in place" He expressed, and Alex burst into laughter, holding his stomach because he felt like his guts were about to burst any second now.

"Oh, Jack, thanks for this" Alex stopped laughing and rested his head on the wall behind him. He sighed and lit another joint for himself.

"Another one?" Jack asked holding his head in place. He was convinced it was going to fall off, so he was trying to hold it in place.

"Not for you, this is mine" Alex lit it and smoked it away in a few minutes. Jack complained, saying that Alex was being selfish although his mind was telling him that he had had enough for the day.

"You are so moany, I'm never hanging out with you again. We're better off talking through our windows" Alex laughed and pushed Jack slightly thinking that their shoulders would bump lightly, but he jumped when Jack hit the floor and complained about his head falling off and blaming Alex for it. The elder couldn't stop laughing, he just couldn't.

"I repeat, I'm never hanging out with you" He said as he helped Jack up.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Eh, this is kinda shitty and I'm sorry.