Status: New Co-Write!

Dangerous Fascination

001

“Fucking really?” I cursed at the heap of junk that was my car. The key had decided to get lodged in the lock. It happened almost every other day and normally I could get it out. However today was not one of those days. I fought with the key desperately to remove it but it was stuck. “Fuck it all!”

“Colette!” spinning around when I heard my name being called I smiled when I saw Briarne skipping toward me, she was definitely in a better mood then myself. The reasoning as to why was lost on me. The blonde came to a stop beside my car a grin spread from ear to ear.

“Hey Bri,” I greeted before trying one more time to dislodge my key from the door of my car. To my dismay is still didn’t budge. I bit back the obscenity that I wanted to throw around. When I looked back up at my friend the smile still hadn’t faded from her face so I knew something was going on. “What’s got you all happy this morning, considering it is a Monday.”

“Ed’s been asking about you,” the words tumbled from her lips excitedly as she jumped on the spot squealing happily. For a moment I had a mental blank as to who the hell she was talking about. Then it hit me, and it hit me hard.

“Really?” I gushed. Excitement surged through my body at the thought. Edward Sheeran, Ed to everyone who knew him was one of the few people that everyone knew around campus. He was known for his musical talent and kind personality. The two of us shared a music class together all we had ever said was ‘hi’ and ‘bye’ up until the other night.

“Yeah I think he remembers you from the other night.”

“That is not something I want him to remember me by. That was a terrible night. I was a mess.”

“You sure were which makes it all the more funny. I should get you drunk more often, you are so much more fun. Honestly the shyness of you vanishes as soon as the Jack Daniels comes out,” I felt my cheeks flushing with embarrassment as memories from the party flashed in my mind. I have fuzzy memories from the party. The one clear memory I have is dancing on a table singing rather loudly with a bottle of something in my hand. “Bri a little sympathy would be much appreciated.”

“I’m not showing you any sympathy!”

“You were the one who dragged me out that night…”

“Therefore I am the one who also helped you to be realised by Ed, the one male you have been fawning over for months now. Come on Colette, you can’t tell me you didn’t have fun the other night,” the truth was. Even though I couldn’t remember much of the party the one thing I do remember is having fun. Even if I was fuck-eyed drunk. I sighed and couldn’t deny that fact and the blonde knew it. A tinkling laughter broke from her lips as she watched me sigh defeated. “Come on don’t you have class.”

“I do… but there is one little problem.”

“What?”

“My key is stuck and I can’t get the bastard out.” Briarne looked at the car door where the key was still lodged, reaching over she grabbed it shimmied it before pulling out out almost instantly. I glared at her and she simply shrugged her shoulders.

“I loosened it for you!” I said causing the blonde to laugh again.

“Of course you did honey,” she said in a sarcastic voice. I shove her with my hip as I walk passed her my key now held tightly in my hand. Bri wrapped an arm around my shoulders as the two of us walked onto campus. “Well I will see you after class. Study night at mine tonight?”

“Sounds great.” I nodded before pressing a friendly kiss on her cheek before the two of us split walking in different directions. Her towards her nursing class and myself toward my music class. As I walked toward my class I weaved through bodies of people trying to reach my destination quicker not wanting to be late which was when some twat walked into me. His body hit mine rather hard sending my books flying. The prick didn’t even apologise. I wanted to yell out to him but chose not to. Instead I sighed and bent down to start picking up my books. “Fucking muppet!” I muttered under my breath as I collected the now scattered pages of notes.

I reached for a sheet when a hand brushed mine, looking up I was met by a pair of green eyes and a dimpled smile.

“Hey Colette, you a’right?” he asked as he continued to help me pick up the papers that were beginning to move with the breeze. I smiled nodding my head.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Thanks Harry,” the male shot me a smile as he moved to catch a floating sheet of paper. In a matter of moments all the sheets were collected and I straightened up looking at the male and smiling as he handed over his pile and the few books he had picked up. “Thanks again Harry.”

“Not a problem,” he spoke a wide smile spreading across his face deepening his dimples. Harry Styles was two years older then me and studying to be an accountant. He was an attractive there was no denying it with his curly brown hair, viridescent eyes, dimpled cheeks and cheeky smile it was no wonder that a lot of girls on campus talked about him. He was tall and though his shirts you could tell he was toned. tattoos were scattered all up his left arm while a few were on his right.

“So how is everything?” I asked casually as I straightened everything in my arms.

“Everything is fine. You know how is is, study, try to maintain a social life, study some more.” I laughed nodding my head looking up at him.

“I sure do.”

“Harry!” the two of us looked up to see who had called out his name, that was when I saw his clique. Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson were standing under a large willow their eyes trained on us.

Clearing my throat I spoke, “I guess I should let you get to your friends.” Harry turned back to look at me, it was as if he was going to say something but chose not to instead he nodded his head. I moved around him as I continued to my class feeling slightly uneasy from the looks I had been receiving from the four other males. Shaking my head I rid myself of the thought as I walked into my classroom my thoughts instantly jumbling when I saw him, feet up on the desk and a guitar resting across his body as he lazily strummed a sequence of chords.

Curling my hair around my ear I beelined for my seat my heart beating a million miles an hour with excitement, embarrassment, and an unknown feeling that I couldn’t describe, like a school girl crush? I looked up at the whiteboard where I waited for our lecturer to arrive. Turning I tried to sneak a glace but was startled to find him already looking at me, he shot me a wink causing my cheeks to flush and my heart to thump against my rib cage.

Oh boy!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there Esther here with a new co-write.
This one is with the amazing Effy.
So this chapter is only really and introduction into everything getting to know the characters but it will start getting dramatic soon I promise.

A big thanks to tommo; and sugarplum. for their comments, thanks so much ladies it means a lot to us. As well as those who recommended and subscribed! Thanks

Until next time
Cheers Esther :)