Status: New Co-Write!

Dangerous Fascination

003

Class had just ended and I was making my way toward the car park. The brightness of the morning had faded casting a shadow across everything. Looking up I noticed how dark the clouds and the chance of rain was massive I just prayed I was home before it happened. Shifting my bag on my shoulder I swung it around so I could dig around for my key.

That was when I felt it.

A drop of water.

“Shit!” I whispered looking up briefly before hurrying toward my car but it was too late the rain poured heavily. It wasn’t long before I was soaked through, forcing the key into the door I tried to turn it only to find that it had stuck. “Fucking hell!” I growled as I tried to turn it again and again no movement. In anger and frustration I hit the vehicle window forcefully swearing profusely at the heap of junk. My only choice was to walk home and I dreaded it knowing that my text books would be sopping wet and I would have to try and dry them somehow.

Grabbing my key I yanked it trying to get it out of the lock but nothing happened. Being the stubborn person that I am I tried again this time a warm hand covered mine and I felt breath on the back of my neck. I jumped at the contact and squeaked loudly causing them to laugh. As my heart hammered in my chest I turned to look at who stood behind me.

“Ed…” the name left with my breath. The red haired male shot a kind smile at me gently nodding his head the key falling into the palm of his hand. I hit the car once again. “heap of shit!” I cursed quickly realising what I had done I instantly felt a blush spread across my cheeks.

“Do you need a lift?” he asked laughter thick in his tone. Looking back at him I nodded my head shyly. “Come on,” he placed my key in my hand before slipping his jacket off his shoulders and placing them around mine. I was about to object but he nodded his head in the direction of his car. The two of us raced to it before jumping in. I instantly felt bad for soaking his seats.

“Sorry…” I apologised.

“For what?” he asked.

“Your seats, they’re going to be soaked.” he simply shrugged his shoulders before reaching forward and turning the heating on full blast. “What made you offer me a lift?” the question fell from my lips and I face palmed myself mentally. Smooth Colette. Smooth.

“Other than the fact you were locked out of your car and it was pouring down with rain? I have wanted to talk to you for a while now… and this was the perfect opportunity.”

“Really?” I was surprised.

“Yeah I tried to catch you after class but you vanished. You don’t hang around.”

“Yeah, I normally have several other classes after music so I am racing around trying to get to them as well as grab a bite to eat. Especially today. I finished music and had to go straight to my lecture, grab some lunch then I had to see my lecturer about something and then I had a class and that was my day.”

“Maybe one day when your not so busy you and I could grab something to eat.”

“I’d love to,” I blurted hurriedly taking a deep breath I was relieved when he chuckled before turning to look at me briefly a warm smile spread across his face.

“It’s a date.”

Date.
The word had never sounded so good.

I was going on a date with Ed Sheeran, one of the most well known and liked person on campus. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach and I couldn’t rid the smile that was stretched across my face. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be having a conversation with the ginger male let alone going on a date with him.

“So where am I taking you?” he asked his head turning back so his eyes were back on the road in front of us. I was a jumble of feelings that I forgot I was going to Zara’s for a study night. I told him the address and he nodded his head. The rest of the ride was quiet but it was a comfortable silence. Before I knew it we had pulled up out the front of Zaras’ house. Eds’ car rolled to a stop and he cut the engine.

“So… about that date what do you say about tomorrow night.”

“Sounds great,” I smiled suppressing the squeal that was building in my chest. “Is seven thirty alright?”

“Perfect… I’m gonna need your address though… and your number,” I nearly face palmed myself, of course he did how could I have missed that. Grabbing my bag I pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote down my address and phone number before handing it over to him smiling from ear to ear.

“See you tomorrow night.”

“Of course. Talk to you soon,” nodding my head I opened my door and stepped out slipping my bag over my shoulder and closing my door before I turned and waved to the red haired male. He returned the gesture as he started his engine and drove off. Once I could no longer see him I allowed myself to scream in delight. Turning I knocked on my friends door waiting for her to answer.

She pulled the door open a cheeky grin spread across her face. “So… what happened?”

“We’re going on a date tomorrow night.” She screamed before wrapping her arms around me hugging my tightly and pulling me inside. Study was the last thing on both our minds. Especially when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.
♠ ♠ ♠
Esther again with the third chapter here.

I had a lot of fun writing this and there is finally some interaction between Colette and Ed. Yay!

A massive thank you to tommo; and sugarplum/ once again for their wonderful comments, thanks so much ladies it means the world to us! and thanks to all those who have read this, recommended and subscribed to this story you're all amazing!

Until next time
Cheers Esther :)