Rattled Bones

Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head.

2012


“Uh, Nat, we got company.” Clint was camped out on a high rooftop overlooking the building Natasha was in. The two of them were in the middle of stealing information about possible warfare against SHIELD. He stood from his crouched position, his eyes watching carefully at the figure that flawlessly moved across rooftop over rooftop. The figure reminded him of the way Natasha moved but there was something different in the way this one moved. If it wasn’t for him keeping an eye out, she would have definitely slipped under the radar.

“Take care of it; I’ve got six minutes left.” She snapped.

From where he stood, he could see Natasha through the window trying to finish up her mission. “I don’t think you’ve got six minutes, Nat.” He watched the mystery girl for a second longer, she was dressed head to toe in leather with a mask covering up everything but her eyes. Someone doesn’t want to be noticed, he thought. Lining up his shot with an arrow, he watched it sail. “You’ve got be shitting me.” Whoever this girl was, she had catlike reflexes as she flipped backwards in time to avoid his arrow. She stood up straight and looked right in his direction, her eyes revealing a stone cold look. “Shit.”

Just as quickly as she had dodged his arrow and before he could even have the time to react, she pulled out a gun and fired two shots. One just barely missing his left shoulder as the second one nailed him. Clint groaned out in pain as it sent him to the ground, “Get out Nat, now!” His hand flew to the spot where it oozed blood, cursing under his breath at the burning sensation. She was good, really good. He had never seen someone who had that good of an aim from the distance between them.

Natasha looked up towards the ceiling where she heard the gunshots. Stepping away from the computer, she pressed her earpiece. “Clint? Clint, are you okay-“

Glass shattering around her interrupted her concern for her partner, trying to shield herself from the painful rain of shards, she felt a large blow to her side as she was punted halfway across the room. Groaning, she picked herself up from the ground in time to see a knife whiz past her ear. Natasha’s eyes widened as she scrambled to pick herself up from the ground but was thrown back on her side as she felt a kick to her chest. Letting out an aggravated groan, Natasha jumped up fast, ignoring the painful sting.

She tried to throw a few punches in but the girl was quick, blocking every blow Natasha tried to throw her way. The masked girl threw her elbow up to block a left hook while she caught Natasha off guard with a hook of her own. The hit caused Nat to stagger backwards, her hand flying to the searing pain on her cheek, quickly regaining her instincts; Natasha came back swinging with both arms in attempts to catch the girl with one of her hits.

Rose ducked her swings; leaning back, she brought her leg up and swung her leg with full force into Natasha’s stomach. She continued to block her throws and punches, managing to get Natasha in an awkward position. Taking quick and painful jabs to Natasha’s ribs; Natasha fell onto a knee with her palms facing the ground. Wasting no time, Rose kneed her square in the jaw, causing her fly a foot or two. Pulling a knife from her holster, she quickly maneuvered around her, landing on the redhead and trying to jam the knife into her skull. Natasha yelled out as she tried to disarm her, taking the opportunity to pull a quick punch into her abdomen. Rose lost grip to her knife as Natasha hooked her leg around her neck. Nat yanked on her leg with all the strength she had to get her off.

Quickly trying to get up before the masked girl could, she tried to flee but was stopped short by her death grip on her ankle. Natasha winced, cursing to herself. This was supposed to be an easy mission, take out the few guards and plug in the flash-drive and be home just in time for dinner. No one said anything about fighting someone that could easily take two of SHIELD's most highly trained agents out in just a matter of seconds. Her body was feeling weak, normally she could handle fighting men but the masked girl’s punches were ten times harder than any punches she had ever taken. Every blow she received was enough to knock the wind out of her.

Rose yanked on Natasha’s ankle, forcing her to fall face first into floor. Smirking behind her mask as she heard the sound of her face smack the tile, for a minute she almost winced at the immediate blood pour from the redhead’s nose but the thought only lasted a second as she picked her up by her ankle and swung her against the wall. She almost cursed out loud when the redhead managed to fall behind debris and find a hiding spot among the broken desks. Tilting her neck side to side, she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply; letting the energy work its way through her body. She didn’t need to see where Natasha would be going, she could see her movements without actually having to watch her, and it was a perk whenever she’d tap into her other ability. The only downfall about her special ability was that it depleted her actual energy and was always told to only use it when it was absolutely necessary.

But, Rose hardly listened. She was able to take out a room of people within ten minutes without using her ability but there was always that satisfaction of not moving a muscle and watching the whole room fall. She could use it sparingly, not needing to use all of it. Her mission was simple, destroy the flash-drive and or retrieve it. She wasn’t told to kill but there was something about the redhead that was making her angry. With her eyes closed, she whipped out her handgun from her left holster and wasted no time pulling the trigger, her eyes snapped open when she heard the sound of her bullet meeting flesh. Turning, she narrowed her eyes as the redhead limped up against the wall, blood oozing from her thigh.

Natasha grimaced, she needed to flee. Her mission had been compromised and she saw a very little chance on being able to make it out. She had no idea whether or not Clint was alive and Fury hardly ever assigned her a recon team because she was just that good at her job. She cursed loudly at the searing pain that was traveling up and down her leg, figures she’d get shot. She flinched at the sound of the gun going off again, this time blood dripping from her left bicep. “Son of a bitch!” Natasha inhaled through her teeth as she pulled out her black widow bite discs, hoping to buy her some time. She threw them, cursing again when she dodged all five of them. “Oh, come on!” Whoever she was, she was a hard opponent. Natasha was always good wielding any of her weapons but they seemed to be no match to the green eyed girl.

Rose yanked on her opposite wrist, pulling what appeared to be a thin wire from a bracelet. The sound of it uncoiling made Natasha's skin crawl. She started to sprint, using a broken desk as jumped off g it. She hooked her legs around her shoulders, yanking on the wire around the redhead's neck. Rose pulled back, causing the both of them to hit the wall, it gave Rose more leverage as she pulled on her wire harder. Natasha choked out, trying to release some of the pressure; she was losing oxygen, fast. She took a moment to reach down to her leg, she felt around for a compartment near her ankle. Finding what she wanted, she spun the knife around in her hand and jammed it into the girl’s thigh; allowing the wire to be loosened just enough for her gulp down air. Rose hissed out in pain as she spun herself around towards the front of Natasha. She spoke in German, “Hurensohn.” Rose wrapped her fists in the curly red hair, hopping down from her shoulder; she swung her hard against the ground. Watching as she slid a few feet from the impact, her green eyes were slowly filling with venom as she hook her finger around the knife and yanked on it. The sharp tug created a line of red against the ground, throwing the metal knife, all they could hear was it clanking and ringing against the tiled floor. It was enough to make Natasha whimper out for Clint.

Rose pointed her gun, firing shots in a line before reaching the target. Before she had the chance to pull the trigger to kill the redhead, she heard the sound of an arrow flying through the air. She didn’t have time to react; it was the first time that she didn’t have the upper hand. She could feel it pierce the back of her shoulder, looking down; she could see the perfectly sharp pointed arrow just below her collarbone. In pressure from the injury caused her to drop her gun as she staggered in her steps. She could feel her energy levels start to rise; something that only happened with her adrenaline was mixed with anger and aggravation. Flashing a hard look towards her Natasha, her opposite hand reached to the yank the arrow through but he second her hand touched the pointed weapon, a strong current of electricity traveled through her body. It caused her body to seize as she screamed out in pain. She collapsed to the ground, her body twitching from the current still coursing through her body.

Natasha gave a deep exhale as she picked herself up slowly from the ground, wincing as she tried to leverage herself with a broken desk. Her entire body was screaming with pain, holding her sides as she attempted to stand, “Where were you five minutes ago? I think I broke every vital part of my body.” Inhaling sharply, she fell to her knees as her arm gripped her ribs, they were definitely broken. Small noises came from her mouth as she coughed up a small amount of blood, not sure if it was from biting her tongue earlier or if something was punctured. Rocking forward, she gritted her teeth as she picked herself up again.

She could hear Clint groaning through her ear piece, “I got shot, okay.”

Walking very slowly and carefully back towards the computers who had been shielded from the damage, she muttered out. “Yeah, so did I.” Shaking her head, she continued the download process onto the flash-drive. Natasha looked out the broken window and towards her friend who sat hunched over the edge of the rooftop, smiling lightly, “You look worse than I do.”

He smiled back, “Says you, you look like hell.”

Turning away from him and facing the girl who lay on the ground, “Yeah, I feel like it too. Who the hell is she?”

“Well, there’s only one way to find out and I’m not going to find out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So....writing fights scenes is so not my forte. I apologize for my choppy sentences. ALSO, you guys don't know how much it means to me that you think I'm nailing these characters personalities. I really hope that I'm doing them justice because I literally binge watched all the Captain America's, and the Avenger movies. And I'd re watch them too. Funny thing is, is I'm watching Civil War again this Saturday with my mom. ;D I think this is my fifth time now.....that Sebastian Stan though. Fan of him since The Covenant. <3

Anywho, I'm taking in requests for chapters that anyone would like to see between Bucky and Rose. Whether it be funny, sad, happy, sappy, cute, etc. I have a tendency to hit road blocks with stories and to keep myself from doing so, I'm enlisting in you! But don't feel obligated D: I just don't want to get writers block with this and it never fails to hit me at the worse times.

A HUGE thank you, you beautiful people,
SarcasticNightmare
acid_rain88
Ria Miku;
Fontaine.
pjfunnbunny
CharmedLuna
Lily Barnes
Lady Nikki Nightmare
Allbluerose
W00zzii
frank castle.
Arri-chan
alexander bernodotte
Rooskaya;
prayers.
Emmachibi
Bello Imperfections

Image