Status: On-going

Change Your Life

Chapter 10

“Mr van Persie can we come in for a second?” two men in suits asked as I stood at the door of my hotel room.

Daley and I exchanged glances before he nodded and I let them in.

“Is there anything I can help you gentleman with?” I asked in worry as both men flashed their badges.

“We are from Interpol and we are here in relation to the disappearance of your fiancé. We think there is something you need to know about her” they began as my heat began to beat fast in fear of what might have happened.

*

“Is this really necessary?” John said to the customs official who insisted on calling his manager about a problem he had with his passport.

“I’m sorry sir it will just be a moment, we just need to verify something before we can let you get on the plane” he smiled as John’s jaw tightened.

“John lets take a seat over there while they get this fixed” I pleaded as he trailed behind me.

“Are you in on this?” John said in anger as he gripped my wrist once we were sitting.

As much as I wanted to scream at how much he was hurting me, I knew that it would just be a waste because no matter what answer I gave him he would still be angry.

“John you’re hurting me” I whispered as I began to feel the crack of my bones.

“This hurt is nothing compared to what I’ve got planned for you if I find out your in on this you lying bitch” he threatened as his one hand found its way around my neck and his grip got tighter.

While my breathing got shorter from his throttling of me, I knew that no one could help me because from the outside, John and I looked like we were mid-embrace while he was really hurting me.

“Excuse me sir” the customs officials interrupted as Johns grip on my neck loosened. “My manager would like to see you”

From the throb of John’s neck vain I knew that little interruption was unwelcome and as he roughly grabbed my hand and forced me to follow him, I knew he would be taking his anger out of me.

“She needs to stay behind” the official suggested as we got closer to the door.

“She’s my wife and I’m not going anywhere without her” he lied without flinching as we continued to walk towards the door.

“Sir Please…” the official pleaded but it was too late because just as the door opened, there were 6 men with guns pointing directly at John.

This didn’t seem to faze him as before I could react, he grabbed me and forced me to stand in front of him before pointing a gun at my temple.

“I knew this day would finally come but I thought you guys would have a better coordinated plan when it did” he joked as all the men with guns continued to keep focused on him.

“Let her go Steele, she hasn’t done anything wrong” one of the men instructed as John pulled me tighter towards him.

“Oh don’t be silly. Where ever I go, she’s coming with me” he threated as he his finger pulled on the trigger. “You see she was the first of the girls I got into prostitution and you know what they say abut your first, you never forget them” he smiled before placing a light kiss on the other side of my temple.

“You’re right. You never forget tour first but put the gun down so we can make a deal” the same officer offered as John laughed.

“I don’t want any deal. I came to this hell hole for my girl” he whispered as his lips ghosted over my temple again. “And now that she’s back I have everything I need” he finished before cocking the gun one more time.

But before I could even react to the action, John fired a shot as everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…