Status: On-going

Change Your Life

Chapter 13

“What…” I spat out as Daley continued to glare at me.

“Don’t play dumb Riley. Its kind of hard to ignore that bump you’re walking around with lately” he repeated as I closed my jersey over my 4 month old belly.

“Look Daley…”

“You need to tell him. This would make him so happy” the blonde man interrupted me as my jaw nearly dropped.

“I would think you, out of everyone I know, would want me to keep this quiet and stay out of Robin’s life” I confessed as he shrugged before taking a spoon and dipping into my ice-cream.

I would have argued but considering my relationship with Daley over the years, silence was a better option as I waited for him to speak.

“Look maybe I was wrong about you” he mumbled as I looked on in surprise. “Don’t flatter yourself Riley, I still won’t forgive you for what happened between the two of us but in the months you’ve been away, Robin’s changed. He isn’t the same happy guy he was before…”

“But he has Bouchra now…”

“Ha” Daley snorted as he at another mouthful of ice cream. “That girl is nothing but a fame hungry, social climbing, money spending, gossip starting, instagram…”

“I think I get it now Daley” I interrupted him as he started getting angry.

“You’re right” he nodded before he put his spoon down and turned to me. “What I’m trying to say is you need to get back with Robin and then the two…sorry three of you can be a family. That’s the only thing he has ever wanted and I know he only wants that with you” he declared as I shook my head no.

“What do you…”

“Look Daley, when I last saw him, it seemed to me like he didn’t want a second chance at trying again. And I don’t blame him because a lot of things happened between us. And as much as I care for him, I don’t think I can put myself out like that, especially now that there is a child involved”

“But don’t you see? With a child involved, you guys have to work it out. For someone who didn’t have parents growing up, do you really want your child to grow up without that foundation?”

I bit my lip at his comment but said nothing as I looked out the window.

“How did you even find out about this?” I breathed out without looking back at him.

“Anya and Mika are old colleagues from Mika’s time in Amsterdam, she knew you didn’t want Robin to know so she just told Mika and she told me and tada I’m here to help you and Robin find a solution to your little problem”

“Problem?” I snapped as I looked at him. “A problem is me crashing my car and struggling to deal with my insurance company. Being pregnant with a Robin’s baby, while he has moved on with his life is bigger than that and I’m sorry Daley, but you’ve wasted a trip” I huffed before standing up and collecting my bag.

“I’m never telling Robin about this baby. Maybe once upon a time I would have tried everything in my power to win Robin back but not this time. Not when there’s a child involved and he has obviously found love with someone else” I cried before walking towards the door and onto the streets of Amsterdam.

Robin van Persie was a chapter of my life that was now closed. Even though I was pregnant with his baby, there was no way we would find our way back to each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…