Status: On-going

Change Your Life

Chapter 14

“Don’t you do anything stupid Daley, especially since Riley asked you not to say anything” Mika scolded me as we pretended to listen to whatever story Bouchra was telling.

“But babe he looks so unhappy” I whined as I looked at my best friend who was feigning interest in his girlfriend’s story. “I hate to admit it but he is much happier with Riley and if there is a way that I can bring that happiness back, I want to explore it” I explained as Mika rolled her eyes.

“Fuck you Daley Blind. I can’t believe that I’m about to do this but you’ll owe me big when this is over” she swore before coughing to interrupt Bouchra’s conversation. “Hey B” she faked happiness as she turned to me. “Can you come with me to the bathroom?”

“But I’m…”

“NOW” Mika demanded as she stood up and left the table. Bouchra had no choice but to follow after her as Robin and I were left alone.

“Dude we need to talk” I began as Robin just shrugged.

“If this is about the latest collection from Dolce and Gabbana, I ain’t interested” he attempted to joke as my face remained dead-pan.

“Riley’s pregnant” I blurted out as he sat up straight.

“Oh wow. She’s moved on quickly…”

“Its yours you idiot” I interrupted him before he got carried away.

His face paled at my admission but he said nothing as he waited for me to speak again.

“Don’t get mad but just listen to what I have to say because I have a feeling Bouchra will be back soon” I spoke quickly as I turned to look at the bathroom door before speaking again. “Her roommate knows Mika from her time in Amsterdam and she told us that Riley only found out she was pregnant during John’s trial. In the beginning she was excited and wanted to tell you but as when she remembered what you said about her finding love with someone else, she knew she couldn’t tell you about the baby. And she’s not going to tell you either. She’s leaving town. I don’t know when and I don’t know where she’s going but unless you stop her, you will never see your child again” I spoke rapidly as he just nodded while not saying anything.

“Baby is everything okay?” Bouchra interrupted as she demanded I move from her seat.

“Yes I’m fine” Robin answered without batting an eyelid. “Why don’t you come here and tell me more about your shopping trip?” he pleaded as Bouchra clapped in excitement before sitting down and continuing without interruption.

However right when I though Robin had lost his mind, I received a message on my phone.

- I need to know where she lives

I read the message and looked up at him, but he had his eyes transfixed on Bouchra and acted as if nothing was happening.

***

Robin POV

Pregnant

PREGNANT

That’s the only thing that kept running through my mind as I waited for the door to Riley’s apartment to be opened.

On the other side of this door, stood the woman who had the ability to turn my life around…yet again.

“Can I…Robin” Riley breathed as the door swung open.

Rather than focus on her, I turned my attention to the baby bump that was proudly displayed as she wore just a sports bra and shorts.

“Hi Riley. How’s the pregnancy treating you?” I mocked as her face turned pale.

“I told Daley not to tell you”

“And you know he would never do what YOU tell him to do”

She nodded at my response before allowing me in.

From the few boxes in the room, I seemed to have caught her right when she wanted to leave.

“Heading somewhere?”

She just rolled her eyes at my question before speaking again.

“Is there a reason you’re here because I’m kinda in a rush?”

“So you weren’t ever planning on telling me about this? You were just going to disappear from sight and keep my child away from me?”

“You told me to find someone that will teach me how to love and I did”

“Really? REALLY? That’s your reason behind all of this? I would think that because this is OUR child you would at least tell me about it”

“We both know it’s not that easy. Our situation was never that easy”

“Oh I remember but I also remember that being because you refused to be truthful with me. And look at you know, once again you are lying to me”

Riley took a deep breath before walking towards the window and speaking to me.

“I don’t expect you to understand why I’m doing this Robin but this baby is my fresh start. A chance for me to forget everything in the past and give it a better chance at life than the one I had, to make up for all the bad things I experienced”

“Was everything in your past that bad that you had to leave it all behind” I whispered as I tried to prod if that’s how she felt about us.

“I know what you’re asking Robin but I’m not going to answer that. You’ve moved on with your life, please let me move on with mine”

“You’re pregnant with MY child…how do you expect me to do that?”

“I’m sure Bouchra can give you many many more children”

“I don’t want her as the mother of my children. I want you to be. I’ve always wanted you to be that” I snapped back as the words left my mouth quicker than I could think about what I said.

Riley had tears in her eyes as she took in my statement.

Releasing what had just declared, I took a risk and just admitted the truth.

“I love you Riley. I always have and I probably always will. Just give me a chance and I’ll prove it to you. I’ll leave Bouchra tomorrow and we can start over…be a real family. Please just give me a chance?”

I pleaded as she stared back at me.

As I watched the woman I love debate what to do, I realised I had meant every word. Despite the hurt and lies that had transpired between us, she was the only one I wanted to be with.

I was in love with her and I would do anything to spend the rest of my life with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…