Status: On-going

Change Your Life

Chapter 15

5 months later

“I may not have initially liked this idea but I have to admit Bouchra makes a beautiful bride” Daley admitted as we watched the red head make her rounds around the room.

“I told you. She’s in her element when the spotlight is solely on her” I acknowledged as I took a sip of my beer.

“Well it’s a good thing that’s she’s married someone who will forever make sure she is famous right?” he teased as I laughed and nodded at the same time.

“Robin, why are you here hiding away from everyone?” Bouchra smiled as she walked to our table to give me a kiss on the cheek.

“Sorry, I didn’t want to steal the spotlight from you and your new husband, I thought you guys would love the attention without having people mentioning that your ex is here” I apologised as she shook her head.

“Don’t be silly. Me and you are friends now so there is never a need to listen to the ill informed gossips who have no idea what happened between the us” she explained before Roman – her new husband – called her over.

Yes, Bouchra had finally gotten that dream proposal and marriage she had so desperately wanted, but luckily, for me, I wasn’t the one to take the leap with her. Roman Abramovich, the Russian billionaire with a taste for the finer things in life, had finally managed to seduce her into being his and they were now preparing to be together forever.

Not that I minded, with me a few days away from being a father, the last few months of my life had been pre-occupied with trying to learn everything I could about fatherhood in the hopes of being the best father I could be.

As for me and Riley…

Flashback

“I love you Riley. I always have and I probably always will. Just give me a chance and I’ll prove it to you. I’ll leave Bouchra tomorrow and we can start over…be a real family. Please just give me a chance?”

I watched as Riley bit her lip and contemplated my offer, but as she shook her head no, I realised I wouldn’t be getting my happily ever after.

“Robin I ca-cant just drop everything to be with you. Too much has happened between us to just forgive and forget” she began as her eyes teared up. “I wish it was that simple that you and I can just erase the past few months but we cant” she explained as I took a deep breath in attempt to formulate an argument that would convince her that I wanted her back

“Riley I know what I said the last time we saw each other was very hurtful not just to you but me as well. But I need you to understand that it came from a place of anger and so much has happened since then. I’ve changed a lot since you left and I’m not sure I’ve changed for the better but the one thing I do realise is that without I am not as happy as I want to be. Baby…” I pleaded as I held onto her shoulders and looked into her eyes “I need you back and I’m not leaving until you say yes” I begged as her mouth opened and closed as she searched for an answer to my question.

“Robin…”

“Yes…”

“My water just broke”

I heard as my mind became muzzled, knowing that wasn’t what was said that day in Amsterdam.

“What?”

“My water just broke” I heard Riley say from next to me as we continued to sit at Bouchra’s wedding.

My eyes widened in surprise as I finally realised what was happening.

“Oh okay. Just stay calm” I instructed as I stood up and paced our little area as I thought of what to do.

“Dude what are you gonna do?” Daley panicked as Mika sat next to Riley and reassured her that everything would be fine.

I looked at my best friend and opened my mouth but nothing came out as I realised I had no idea what to do.

“Daley get the car and call Robin’s mom. She’ll be pissed if she misses this. Mika can you call ahead to the hospital? We had a room reserved a few weeks ago they should be ready for our arrival” Riley began to instruct as our friends did as they were told

“And you buddy” my girlfriend said from her seat as she pointed at me “Take a few more deep breathes before helping me up. In a few hours you’re gonna be a daddy and I need you to be alert for the whole thing” she smiled as I looked back at her.

She was of course right about me being a dad.

17 hours after her water broke, Riley gave birth to a bouncy baby boy we named Shaquille.

As I held my son in my arms for the first time, I realised exactly what it felt like to have everything you ever wanted.

And that’s when it also hit me that I needed to make Riley my wife before we got back to making baby number 2.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…