Status: On-going

Change Your Life

Chapter 3 - Marry me

“Minnie I’m so sorry” Lenny once again apologised as I continued to cry on the floor of the hotel room I have rented for our night of passion.

I shook my head no as he continued to reassure me but the minute he touched me I jumped up and swore at him as I demand him to leave me alone.

As Lenny continued to plead for forgiveness from behind the door, I cussed at him wanting to be left alone after what he had done.

After a few more minutes of pleading, he finally left me alone as I heard the elevator doors open. I let out staggered breathes as I tried to calm down from what had just happened. After performing the acts that he had paid for and the extra one that I performed as a thank you for his generosity, he completely flipped on me when my phone started to ring after we had completed the act.

He started going into a fit about who was texting me but as I tried to remind him that he wasn’t my only client, he went into a mad frenzy and he slapped me twice on the cheek and pushed me to the floor.

It wasn’t until I crawled over to the corner and threatened to call the cops that he eventually stopped as he realised what he had done.

Despite his please for forgiveness, I couldn’t forget it there and then, I demanded he leave as I thought about what to do.

As I took my phone, preparing to call the cops, my phone rang once again with the familiar number of a certain Dutch footballer.

I took two calming breathes before I answered the phone, not wanting to alert Robin to what had just happened.

“Hi Robin” I said in a low tone.

“Minnie, I’ve been calling you all night non-stop. Where have you been?” he demanded, skipping all the pleasantries.

“Well need I remind you that my job takes place manly at night so I might have been otherwise…occupied?” I tease him as he lets out a cuss.

It’s a reaction I had gotten used to in the time we started hanging out together. Whenever I reminded him that he is not the only one in my life I like to give my body too, he goes into a lecture about how I don’t need to do it and if I just gave him a chance I could stop what I was doing and my life would be so much better.

“Look I need to see you” he whispered in that pleading tone of his that tells me that he is not talking about having sex tonight.

I shook my head no as I examined my face with my fingers and start to feel the bruises start to set.

“Not tonight, I’m fully booked and I’m not really in a mood to act like your therapist” I lie in a harsh tone, hoping he gives up.

But like clockwork, he continues to pester me.

“Please Minnie, I’m in town for a couple of days. I need to see you. I’ll make it worth your while” he teased and I knew he meant paying me for my company but on the many occasions we hung out without actually having sex, I never took his money. It didn’t seem right to do so.

I cleared my throat as I thought about his offer and if I were to say yes, it would mean him seeing exactly what happened to me tonight.

“Okay. I’m at the hotel Amsterdam on the fifth floor room 531” I informed him before hanging up and questioning if I was making the right choice.

***

“Ow that hurts” she flinched as I tried to put a bottle of cold water around her heavily bruised eye.

“I’m not surprised. The asshole could have seriously hurt you”

“It’s fine. It was an accident and he didn’t mean to hurt me” she began to explain as my mouth dropped in shock.

Was she really defending him while she was sitting opposite me with a bruised face?

“Don’t give me that shit Minnie. He was aiming to injure you seriously. I don’t know what I would have…”

She held onto my knee as I thought about not seeing her ever again but as she tried to reassure me all I could think about was how she didn’t deserve to be living this kind of life.

“Marry me?” I pleaded with her as her jaw dropped in shock. “I’m serous Minnie. Marry me so you can stop living this kind of life. Marry me because I’m the best man for you and marry me because I love you” I pleaded as she shook her head no.

“Robin you have no idea what you are talking about” she dismissed as she stood up and began to pace the room. “You cant love me. You don’t even know me. All you know is you like how I make you feel in the bedroom and that is confusing you in regards to how you feel about me” she tried to explain but there was nothing she could say that would change my mind.

“That’s not true. I love you and I don’t care about what you have done. I want to give you the life you deserve… so please Minnie…. Marry me?” I pleaded as I held her hands within mine and hoped it was enough to convince her.

“If you don’t marry me because you love me at least marry me so I can protect you from this ever happening again?” I continued as I cupped her bruised cheek.

Her eyes turned glassy as I touched her tender skin and I knew if I continued any further on this path she would eventually break down and cry.

But before I could say anymore, she uttered the words I had been longing to hear since I asked her the question.

“Ye-yes Robin. I’ll marry you”
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…