Status: On-going

Change Your Life

Chapter 7

“Who are you?” a brunette asked as I opened the door to our house.

My jaw dropped at her rudeness but I managed to compose myself in time as I introduced myself.

“Hi I’m Riley, Robin’s fiancé. And you are?” I smiled sweetly as I extended my hand to greet her.

She however declined my offer as she raised an eyebrow before turning her eyes to look back at me.

“I’m Bouchra” she said simply as if that was a good enough explanation.

Even though she hadn’t explained how she was related to my fiancé, I knew exactly who she was so I just shrugged before moving slightly out of the doorway to let her in.

“Robin left for training…”

“…he should be back in 15 minutes. I know his schedule” she finished for me as she studied me up and down.

“Oh and your willing to wait for him? Because I’m sure if you leave your number, he can call you and discuss whatever it is you want to discuss” I said in an attempt to get rid of her.

She just shook her head no, as she leaned back on the sofa.

“I’ll wait. Me and him have…a lot…to discuss and it can’t be done over the phone” she said dismissively as she instructed me to go get her juice.

I would have snapped back at her but I quickly realised that Bouchra was the kind of woman who could spar the whole day and wouldn’t break out in a sweat.

While I took my time in getting her juice, I sent Robin a text telling him that his ex was currently sitting in our living room.

“I hope you like orange juice, we don’t have anything else” I tried to smile as handed the drink to her and then sat down.

“It will have to do wont it?” she mocked as I bit my tongue in an attempt to hold back my insult.

“So how’s your wedding planning going. Robin tells me you are marrying a Russian billionaire”

She just rolled her eyes at my announcement before speaking again.

“The wedding’s off. Vladmir is…shall we say…a little slow to rise in the bedroom” she confessed as my mind began churning with why she would be here looking for Robin.

“Oh that’s a shame. I’m just interested as to why you’d want to speak to Robin after such a sad situation”

“Just between you and me” she smirked as she leaned forward so our eyes locked “Robin has always known how to make me feel…better” she smiled before leaning back in her seat and playing on her phone.

I took a deep breath at her thinly veiled threat before standing up, but right before I was about to leave and go the bedroom, I heard the engine from Robin’s car as he entered the garage.

With Bouchra still occupied by her phone, I quickly ran to the kitchen to speak to Robin before she did.

“Hey gorgeous” the hot Dutch male I called my fiancé teased as he got out his car with his bag and a few envelopes with him.

“Hey babe” I greeted him as I plant a kiss on him.

“What’s that for?”

“I just missed you” I confessed as I held him tighter, in the hope that no matter what happens in his conversation with Bouchra, he knows I’m the woman he wants to be with.

“Oh I missed you too” he confessed as we walked into the house. He quickly put his bag and the envelopes on the table before looking back at me. “Is she still here?”

I nodded yes before he takes a deep breath.

“You want to sit in on this?” I was tempted to say yes but knowing how snide she’s been since she got here, I knew it would be better if he dealt with her by himself.

“No. she’s your…friend…and I think its better that just the two you speak” I shrug as he nods his head. “But you should know that this is about her broken engagement with the Russian billionaire” I said as a warning as his eyes grow to the size of saucers.

“This should be good” he laughed before kissing my lips. Right before he walked out of the kitchen he spoke again. “Riley no matter what she says remember that you are the woman I love. The one I want to be with” he reassured me before walking out of the kitchen to speak to his ex-girlfriend.

*

As Robin and Bouchra continued to speak in the living room about her recent break-up, I sifted through the mail just to keep busy and to keep my mind off the situation in the other room.

With most of the mail usually addressed to Robin, I was slightly shocked to see a brown envelope with my name written on it with no return address.

As I quickly ripped open the seal of the envelope, I was stunned at the contents inside the mail.

Contained in the brown envelope are at least 15 pictures of me in compromising positions with various men all taking turns to do sexual things to me.

And as I look at through the pictures, I can already tell when and by who these pictures were taken by.

When I looked at the last picture, a piece of paper falls out and I start to realise who all these pictures are from.

Hello Kitty Kat

Just thought you’d like to see these before one of the papers prints them one of these days.

Do you think Robin would still want to marry you after knowing how many people have already had the pleasure of being with you?

-J

As I continued to read over the message, I couldn’t help but think that maybe John was right.

Once these pics went out, Robin wouldn’t want to marry me and he shouldn’t have too.

I’d always felt that I wasn’t good enough for Robin and these pictures were proof of that. He needs someone better than me and maybe that woman was the one he was speaking with in the living room.

Despite all of Bouchra’s faults there’s no denying that there is love between the two of them, and knowing the kind of woman that she is, she’d try anything and everything to try and remind him of how good they are together.

And how could I stand in the way of that?

I need to make sure Robin finds his happily ever after. One that doesn’t involve me.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…