Status: On-going

Change Your Life

Chapter 8

“Sorry there was only enough batter for just two people” Bouchra remarked as she stood in the middle of the kitchen the next morning.

Rather than react to her taunting, I just reached for the cereal cupboard as I prepared to make myself breakfast.

After almost three hours chatting – and laughing loudly – to Robin last night, we had agreed to let her spend the night, but from the way she dominated the kitchen, it looked like he would be having a difficult time getting rid of her.

“You have every reason to be worried” she interrupted me as I sat down on the stool. “I mean Robin and I have a past, history. And it’s not easy to forget something like that” she smirked as I stared blankly back at her.

Last night after seeing the pics John had so nicely had delivered to me I made a decision. I wouldn’t stick around and wait for my ex to make my life hell or ruin Robin’s career. It would take some time but I was determined to make sure the Dutch footballer and I broke up before this weekend’s big event came about.

Especially since our court house wedding was set for three days from now.

“You’re right Bouchra. You and Robin have a history and from the level of cleavage on display this morning, I have a feeling you are desperate to re-live it. Who am I to stand in the way right?” I shrugged as I suddenly felt full.

From the smirk on her face, I know she thought she had won but little did she know that this was just a start of my plan to weasel myself out of Robin’s life so he could find a happiness I could never offer him.

*

“Jeans…not what I was expecting but your outfit still looks cute” Colleen teased as we met at a coffee shop in the middle of the city centre.

I laughed at her comment before we got to sit down and ordered our meal.

We didn’t wait long for it to be delivered and once it was, me and her got straight to chatting.

“So you excited?” she beamed as I paused from drinking my juice to question her. “The wedding silly”

“Oh yeah that. Yep I’m totally stoked” I lied as she stared back.

“Seriously that’s how much enthusiasm you can muster up on the eve of the greatest day of your life?” she continued to swoon as I shrugged.

Colleen seemed to notice my lack of enthusiasm as she calmed down and tried to find out what was happening.

“Riley I know we don’t really know each other but it doesn’t take a genius to realise that you aren’t excited about this. Care to share what’s on your mind?”

I opened my mouth, ready to admit the truth to her, but I was stunned into silence when I realised who the man standing right behind her was.

Colleen seemed to notice my panic as she turned around to look at what I was starting at.

“Do you know him?” she asked as my eyes remained on John.

I merely gulped before nodding as John walked to our table.

“Sorry to interrupt ladies” John smiled in a manner that had all the ladies eating out of his palm. “Kitty…Riley…it’s been so long” he whispered as he traced his hand down my shoulder, towards my neck.

“John what ar-are you doing here?” I said in a nervous voice as Colleen looked nervously between the two of us.

“I’m in town visiting an old friend” he lied as his grip on my neck grew stronger “I thought we could…talk?” he suggested but from the grip on my neck, I knew he meant it as an order.

“Uhm sure” I panicked as Colleen looked on worryingly. “Colleen I’m so sorry to do this to you but I have to leave” I said as I stood up while trying to find cash in my bag to pay for what I had ordered.

However as the English woman’s tanned hand enveloped mine, I knew that I needed to stop.

“Don’t stress about the bill, I’ll take care of it” she smiled as I pulled myself together.

I began to walk away from her but she called my name, to draw my attention once again.

“Riley promise you’ll call me later so we can…talk?” she said worryingly as she glanced up at John.

I may have nodded my head in promise to call her, but from the look of anger etched on John’s face as we crossed the road I wasn’t so sure I would have the chance to speak to anyone who I had gotten to know in the past few months.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued…