Status: Done!

Don't Trust Everything You See

Don't Trust Everything You See

They would always tell us how envious they were of our relationship, i'd smile and take the compliment so they never knew the truth. Always at each other's throats, the fights, the violence. It seemed as if that was all that was keeping us going now. One little slip up would lead into an argument that would end in an ear shattering screaming match. The neighbors had called the cops on us multiple times, we had always assured them that things were fine and they'd leave without another glance. No one would ever know the horror that went on in our home, they'd never see the bloodied towels we'd have to throw out. Even worse, our friends would never know the truth.

"Zack!" Brian's voice trailed into the living room where i was currently perched up on our couch. Ugh he must've been out drinking with the guys again.
"You're sleeping on the couch tonight, no exceptions" I was so sick of his shit lately, he'd go out and get drunk. Then come home to me expecting me to have open arms for him
"You wouldn't do that" His words were slurred as he tried to stumble after me. I would not give in this time.
"Yes i can and i will Brian" I grabbed my pajamas from the bottom drawer of my dresser and quickly stalked off into the bathroom. I didn't want to be around him right now, or at all anymore.

I shut the door tight and sighed, what had gone wrong in the first place? We were so happy until it just changed one day. Where had the man i loved gone? Because i sure as hell didn't like the new person he had become, not one bit. I quickly turned on the shower and took off the clothes i had been wearing all day. Hopefully Brian would get the point and leave me alone for once, he always wanted to pick fights. Once the bathroom began to fill with steam i knew the water was nice and hot. I pushed the curtain aside and stepped inside, the water was beyond scalding hot but i couldn't care less. It helped loosen the muscles that were beginning to tighten in my back. Grabbing my loofah i covered it in my favorite body wash and began to scrub at my skin until it was raw. The water caused it to burn and sting, i needed to get the feeling of Brian's harsh words off my skin. I wanted to feel loved by him again, as if he was going to treat me like his boyfriend instead of his doormat. Two long tattooed arms slipped around my waist as i stood under the shower's spray. Sighing softly i turned to face him. His eyes looked like they were sinking into his skull, the dark circles that were beginning to become a permanent mark on his face looked darker. He wasn't the same person i had fallen in love with, no this person was a complete one eighty to that man.

"Please don't make me sleep on the couch, you know it'll fuck up my back which will piss Matt off if i miss the band meeting tomorrow" His lower lip was pushed into a small pout, i couldn't give in this time, i just couldn't.
"Brian, you've been going out every night, i can't keep waiting up for you" I had to put my foot down at some point before he treats me even worse.
"I'll stay home from now on, i swear" I knew that the words that left his lips were lies but i couldn't help but believe him. His eyes looked so sad.
"Fine, but if you keep me up, you're sleeping on the couch all week" It sounded a lot harsher than i had intended when i noticed Brian flinch slightly.

Our couch used to be quite comfortable until he, or Matt would pass out on it from drinking all night. It caused the springs to become uneven and sleeping on it was worse than sitting. Then again i wasn't the one going out every night to escape being home with my boyfriend. I shook the thoughts from my head and rinsed the soap from my body, I knew Brian was doing all he could but it still hurt. He claimed to care about me, but he would need his liquid courage before he could even talk to me now. I quickly scrubbed my shampoo into my hair and rinsed, i needed to lay down before i broke down in front of him. The last thing he would want is another cry baby. Slipping his arms from my waist i slipped out of the shower, grabbed my clothes, and went into our bedroom. Get dressed, dry hair with towel, lay down, cry self to sleep. That's all my nights seemed to be nowadays, home or not, Brian was slowly killing me inside. I just don't think i'd ever be able to let him go.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahh! this is the very first chapter so it's kinda boring, but i can confirm that it does get better
i'll try and update as often as i can so enjoy and let me know what you think