Empty Sighs & Wine

thank you.

Staring at Zayn, Niall waited for him to wake up. He wanted to make sure he was okay, especially since he looked bad.

"What are you doing, Niall? Let him rest." One of Niall's best friends, Harry said. He was the one who was in charge, but Niall wasn't going to listen this time around. All he cared about at that moment was Zayn, and his health.

Finally, what seemed like hours, Zayn woke up. He looked worried, but soon realized that Niall was there. Or that's what Niall thought.

"You're finally awake, sleepy-head." Niall stated the obvious, and Liam rolled his eyes at him.

"I've got to go," Zayn muttered, and that confused Niall.

"What do you mean by that? You're in no condition to fight off these monsters." Niall stated, but Zayn ignored him by struggling to get to his feet.

"I have to go. My sisters--" Niall cut him off.

"You can't possibly be serious? You're injured, and in no shape to be going out alone." Niall reminded Zayn, but Zayn shrugged what Niall said off.

Niall was worried about him, even though he had just met him. They saved his life, and Niall made it his duty to nurse him back to health. Or in this case, try to.

"But you don't understand, they need me, Niall." he said, but Niall shook his head.

"How about this: you get better, and I'm talking about a hundred percent better. All of us will take you halfway to your destination. Okay?" Niall asked, hoping that Zayn would agree.

"Fine, but I'm pretty sure I'm okay." he reassured Niall, but Niall wasn't having it.

"Okay, if you think so, go ahead and walk over to me. Come on," Niall taunted, but as he tried getting up, Niall could tell he was struggling.

"Okay, okay. You're right. I'm not a hundred percent healthy. But I really need to find my sisters, Niall." Zayn said, and Niall looked down at the ground. He was trying to not come in contact with Zayn's pleading eyes.

He just wanted to make sure that Zayn was going to be okay. It had looked like he sprained both his ankles, along with his wrist. It was safe to say that Niall wasn't going to leave Zayn's side until he was about to run. No matter what it took, or how long.

"Thank you." Zayn whispered, and Niall knew he was in a lot of pain. Niall nodded with a smile, and he hoped Zayn knew that he was going to save him no matter what it took.

"You're welcome, Zayn." Niall said, and Zayn started to tear up.

"Niall?" he called out, and Niall turned to face him.

"Yeah, Zayn?" Niall asked, and he wasn't ready for what was going to come out of his mouth.

"Do you think my sisters are okay?" Zayn asked, and Niall became speechless.

The truth was that he didn't know if they were okay, so he wasn't sure how he should answer Zayn's question.

"Honestly?" Niall asked, and Zayn nodded.

"Well, when we found you, you were all alone. Ready to become zombie food. We saved you and only you, but that was because there was nobody with you, or in sight." Niall explained, and he could tell Zayn was about to cry.

"How about we give each other promises? I mean, I know we just met each other, but I feel like we're friends." Niall admitted, which made Zayn smile up at him.

"Okay, what are these promises?" Zayn asked, and Niall gave him a smile.

"If you let us take care of you until you're a hundred percent healthy, we will help you find your sisters. Then, once you find them, we'll part ways. This may sound strange, but: I really want to know you're safe." Niall admitted, and Zayn smiled.

"Thank you, Niall. I really appreciate it." he thanked Niall as he reached to give him a hug.

Niall was about to leave the area in which Zayn was going to be sleeping, until he stopped him. "Niall?" he called out, and Niall turned around.

"Yes, Zayn?" Niall asked with a friendly smile on his face, and Zayn blushed.

"Would it be okay if... um... if you were to sleep next to me? It's just I can't sleep alone anymore." he blushed, but Niall smiled.

"Zayn, I'd be honored to sleep next to you," Niall smiled before pulling off his shirt.

He could feel Zayn staring at him as he changed into something more comfortable. Niall climbed in bed, and wrapped his arm around Zayn. His body was warm, and Niall liked that. He missed having someone to cuddle with, and so when Zayn asked, Niall couldn't say no.

Even though it was just platonic cuddling, Niall was enjoying it. Slowly drifting off to sleep, he began to dream.

++++


He was alone, cold, and afraid. Looking around, Niall knew he was all alone. No friends, no family, nothing, no one. Standing on his two feet, he could start to hear voices. These voices sounded familiar to him, but couldn't quite tell how he knew the voice. But he definitely knew it from a mile away, or even further away. Shaking off the feeling, Niall looked around, and he was trying to get safety.

Waking up instantly, Niall sat up as quick as he could. Sweating and breathing heavily, he looked around to find the guys sleeping, including Zayn. Stirring, Zayn slowly opened his eyes.

"Why're you up so early?" he asked Niall, and Niall shrugged.

"Eh, I thought I heard something, so I quickly woke up," Niall lied, and it seemed like Zayn bought it.

"It's okay, just ho back to bed. Sleep is important, Niall." Zayn smiled as he turned to face Niall.

"Yeah, you're right. Well, goodnight, Zayn." Niall smiled before closing his eyes.

The truth was he had constant nightmares, and he didn't want Zayn to think he was a baby. He had to witness his mother and father being changed into flesh eating zombies. Forcing him to shoot them, along with his siblings. This left him alone and scared, but that all changed when he met the guys; they took him in.

Now, they had taken in Zayn, and Niall was glad.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO we are back with this!!

- Rachel