Status: Up & Running

A New Song

Chapter 5

"I know my husband and what you're saying is most certainly a lie."

"Think again honey. I have proof that will falter that confidence you have. Face it , he's not the man you thought you knew."

"You're lying."

"How can I be lying when I have proof?"

"You're bluffing"

The girl sigh and took out several photos. When Hayley saw it she gasped and immediately all confidence she had in her husband , all trust she had in her husband was gone.

"You're a fucking whore. You know he's married. He has a child!"

The girl smirked , "he knew that too sweetheart."

Hayley wanted to punch the girl but something kept her from it. With a sob she put the pictures in her bag and walked away.

This can't be happening.

The rumour cannot be true.

***
(3 hours and 59 minutes earlier)

"Matt , can you come see me in my office please?"

I sigh as Larry called for me. We were in the middle of talking about tour when he called me in. Both Hayley and Lara agreed that we can go on tour.

Lara had a little more difficulty in accepting it than Hay because she wants Brian here for the final arrangements of the wedding.

I walked up the stairs and then walked in without knocking.

"You wanted to see me? This feels as though I'm back in the principle's office man" I laughed at my own joke. Larry didn't find it funny though.

"This is worse."

"How?"

"Matt , I just got a phone call. Do you know a Tammy Lawrence?"

"No..." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Should I?"

"It's actually good that you don't."

"Larry , you're really fucking confusing me. What's wrong?"

"Matt her lawyer called. He says you've got her pregnant Matt."

My heart stopped along with my world.

"Excuse me?"

"He said you slept with her at a party one night and that she's pregnant now."

"That's not...that's not possible Larry. I've never cheated on Hayley. I don't care what that whore says I didn't sleep with her!"

Larry sigh and nodded. "I'll handle this Matt. I will. But you need to tell Hay before she finds out on her own."

I nodded. "This can't be happening. I know I don't have the best track record but I've never cheated on Hayley. I will never cheat on her!"

"I believe you Matt. I really do. But this can get ugly if she goes to the media."

"What can I do for her to not go to the media?"

"You know that will be like admitting you did it. Just talk to Hayley and I will handle the rest."

With a nod I stood up , "thanks Larry."

Now all I can hope was to talk to Hayley before this fucking bitch does.

When I exited Larry's office , I walked outside to my car immediately not even caring to tell the guys where I was going. We were done for the day so I wasn't missing anything important.

Hayley was at home , fucking fortunately and I knew that Jake was at his friend's house for the day so I knew there was no risk in him walking in while I was telling Hayley the worst news of her life.

"Hay? Baby?"

"In the kitchen!" she yelled back.

"Hey baby" She said softly smiling brightly at me.

"Hey. Uh..How was your day beautiful?"

She groaned. "Terrible. The new principle is a real bitch"

"Well.." I sat down on the counter and took her hand in mine. "Your day is about to get worse."

"Why Matt? What's wrong?"

"Larry got a call today. Uh , he.. uh... some girl is saying that I made her pregnant... when we had that party a few months back."

"Excuse me?"

"I didn't do it! I know I didn't do it!"

"Oh my God" she whispered. "You made someone pregnant?"

"No!" I yelled. "I know I didn't. I didn't even fucking sleep with her I promise you. Baby I promise you I didn't sleep with her!"

"How can you be sure? I mean...you were probably drunk and..."

"And nothing. Drunk or sober I have a family and I won't jeopardize that!"

She pondered over my words. "Okay I believe you. I'll stand by you"

With the mountain off my shoulders I grinned and kissed her.

"Thank you babe. God , thank you. I love you."

"Love you too."

She went back to cooking then and with a smile I started helping her.
Something I've never done in my life.

***
(Present time)

"You're Hayley Sanders , am I right?" a girl with blonde hair approached Hayley as she was in the Mall. Jake was at a friend's house and Matt was at home in his studio writing new songs. Or trying to.

She was younger than Hayley , that was obvious and with the lack of clothing Hayley assumed she wasn't a mother of one of her students nor was she a fan of Hayley's music.

"Yeah.. Can I help you with something?" Hayley decided to be polite.

"Oh it's nothing.. I just wanted to see the wife of the guy I've been fucking."

And that's when her world stopped. She drowned out the noise and the people in the shopping centre.

"My husband told me about you. You're just a stupid girl in need of attention. Matt didn't do anything."

"Aw it's sweet how you stand by your husband but maybe you need to rethink who you're getting into bed with. Who knows? Maybe he caught something when he was fucking my brains out."

With a disgusted glance at the slutty girl that just admitted to having STDs Hayley decided to not make a scene.

"I know my husband and what you're saying is most certainly a lie."

"Think again honey. I have proof that will falter that confidence you have. Face it , he's not the man you thought you knew."

"You're lying."

"How can I be lying when I have proof?"

"You're bluffing"

The girl sigh and took out several photos. When Hayley saw it she gasped and immediately all confidence she had in her husband , all trust she had in her husband was gone.

"You're a fucking whore. You know he's married. He has a child!"

The girl smirked , "he knew that too sweetheart."

Hayley wanted to punch the girl but something kept her from it. With a sob she put the pictures in her bag and walked away.

This can't be happening.

The rumour cannot be true.

So what now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorryyyyyyy it took so long! Hope you enjoyed.

PLEASE , PLEASE COMMENT!