Status: Up & Running

A New Song

Chapter 8

"what do you mean you're doubting Matt?"

"I don't know , okay... I just....I saw this pictures and now.. What am I gonna do?"

"You need to tell Matt. Like now."

"You don't believe her , do you?"

"I don't want to.."

"But you do."

With a groan I shut my eyes tightly and tried to get the voices out of my head. It's been 3 hours since my confrontation with Matt , and I have no idea how to make this better.

I remember my talk with Lara that same Saturday I received the pictures and what she told me. I know I shouldn't have doubted Matt. I know that now. Unfortunately it's a little too late.

That woman. That bloody woman just had to come and ruin what we had.

What we have.

The door opened and shut softly. I smiled when I heard my son talking. I prayed to God he was with Matt and not one of the other guys.

"Mama!" He yelled. I giggled and walked up to him.

"Hi handsome. How was practice?"

"I had fun mama. We didn't really do anything. Coach talked to us and we did some tricks but nothing else."

"Oh well I'm sure you'll play some football tomorrow."

Jake nodded and hugged me

"Are you hungry baby?" I asked hiding my disappointment when Brian walked into the house. He smiled at me and I returned it before directing my attention back to my boy.

"Yeah I am."

"Alright. I'll make you a sandwich. Dinner will be at 7."

Jake nodded and then told me he was going to play outside.

"Hi pretty girl. How are you holding up?" Brian asked walking over to me. I sigh and hugged him before shaking my head continuing with Jake's sandwich.

"I'm fine. I think. Where's Matt?"

"Studio. Don't worry , the guys are with him. He asked me to bring back Jake."

"So he was at practice?"

"He'll never miss anything Jake related hon."

I nodded and started spreading the peanut butter on the now-finished toast. With a groan I turned back to Brian.

"I don't know what to do Bri. I do trust him. I just wish I can find a way to beat that...that..."

"Whore?" Brian pointed out , grinning when I chuckled. "Yeah."

"You can. By calling Matt and telling him to get his ass here so you can patch things up. Jake's smart. He'll soon realize there's tension and he doesn't deserve it."

I nodded , "Yeah he really doesn't. Okay I'll call him thanks Bri"

Brian nodded and kissed my forehead. "I need to go though. Please call him , he's miserable"

"I will."

"Alright. I'm gonna say bye to the kid. I'll see you later Hay"

"Bye"

I finished Jake's sandwich and then called for him. Brian was long gone by the time Jake walked into the house.

I stepped away from the kitchen and called Matt. It rung only once before he answered. His voice was gruff and sad. It breaks my heart.

"Come home" I said , my voice pleading and soft.

"You sure?"

"Positive. I love you. We're gonna get through this babe"

"I love you too" I heard the smile in his voice. "I'm on my way."

With a grin I hung up the phone and sigh.

We're in this together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So so so so sorry for the late update. I apologize.

Please comment!

And then... a shout out to : @Darkbunny96 for all your support throughout both my stories. Your comments mean the world to me!