Status: Up & Running

A New Song

Chapter 9

“So what’s a girl got to do to get with a guy like you?”
I smirked and wrapped my arm around her waist pulling her closer to me. I whispered in her ear “I’ll need a lot more alcohol babe”
“I can arrange that” she winked and walked to the bar. I followed behind her smirking when I saw her throw in a bourbon shot for the both of us.
I was already beyond drunk , and was having the time of my life flirting with this girl. I think her name’s Tammy but I couldn’t be sure.
“So why are the guys throwing a party?” she slurred falling slightly on me.
“We’re young”
She smirked “a man with a few words. I believe I like that”
I grinned drunkenly and helped myself with another whiskey. “I’m sure you do.”

**
That’s all I can remember. I can’t remember taking photos with that girl. I can’t remember doing anything more than flirting.
I know I was wasted but I know, drunk or not, I’d never cheat on Hayley.
“Babe?” I called when I got downstairs. Even though Hayley told me to come home the day before things were still a little awkward.
I still haven’t talked to Jake and I’m trying my best to keep it from him but I know if the story breaks and he finds out via one of his friends or teachers I’d never forgive myself and neither will Hayley.
“hey” I said softly when I saw her standing in the kitchen making breakfast. Jake was watching TV since it was Saturday and he didn’t have school.
“hey” she said and gave me a tiny soft smile. I walked over to her and hesitantly gave her a kiss on her temple.
“What are you doing today?”
“I’m probably going over to Lara and you?”
“I have band practice till 4. Do you want me to take Jake?”
“Yeah he’ll like that. Can we talk when you get home?”
My heart started beating real fast, I hate those words.
“Of course we can but why?”

“We need to talk about this Tammy chick and what we’re going to do.”
I nodded my head and my heart calmed down slightly. “So there’s still a ‘we’?”
She smiled “yeah Matt there’s still a ‘we’”
“Thanks baby.” I whispered and kissed her cheek. Things were moving slowly but surely in the right direction.
Let’s just hope Tammy is done playing games.