Status: This is an old story I wrote about 6 years ago that's been posted on my website forever.

Roses on His Grave

Ive got a woman... that'll put roses on my grave

ongst the headstones. She hadn't had the courage nor the strength to return to this place since the ceremony. She watched as people mourned his death on the television, and she knew that they couldn't hurt NEARLY as bad as she did right now. Her entire life was lost without him... he died of lung cancer... damn all those cigarettes.
She stopped abruptly when she saw his name carved into the rock that was his gravestone. Her heart sunk, this was the realization of his demise. Her weak and fragile bones shook as she dropped to her knees. A tear escaped her eye as she read the words engraved in his eternal resting place.

JACOBY DAKOTA SHADDIX
July 28, 1976- December 14, 2054
Beloved husband, father, friend,
and an example to millions of fans.
Rest In Peace.

She traced the letters of his name with her fingertips and shuddered as she let out a sob. She remembered stroking his black spiky hair every time they held each other... she remembered that when they finished making love, she would trace her name tattooed on his arm... knowing that He belonged to her as she did to him.
She remembered the last few months of his life... in and out of the hospital... that breathing machine attached to his face. When he slipped into the coma, she whispered that it was OK to let go, she didn't want to see him in pain any longer... and then, seconds later... he was gone.
She sniffled as she reached to the inner pocket of her coat and pulled out a long red rose. There were many roses on his grave, but hers was special... Her rose had her wedding ring on it. She was still married to him spiritually, and a marriage like they had lasted eternally... not only until death does them part..
Later that night, Kelly climbed into the bed that her and Jacoby slept in. She felt so lonely not cuddled up to his chest. She took the picture of him off of her nightstand. All of his fans had stopped caring about him once he had gotten old, but she didn't lose an ounce of love for that man.
She cradled the white-haired picture of Jacoby as she shed another tear. How was she going to survive without the other half of her soul? She missed him so much.
She pulled the covers up to her neck and imagined that her love was lying in the bed with her... looking into her eyes. Her heart felt heavy and hollow as she thought of him.
An old song Jacoby wrote in 2006 popped in her head as she smiled and closed her eyes, searching for the lyrics in her exhausted mind. "I've got a woman... that'll put roses on my grave." She sang quietly as she cradled the picture in her arms. A teardrop fell upon Jacoby's picture as she smiled, thinking of the good days with him.
She fell asleep... but not any type of sleep... the eternal kind. She finally joined her love that night, and kissed him like her had wanted to kiss him since he died. Her body was still in the bed that they shared, cradling his picture, and smiling.