Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 13: Fighting With Fire

*Your Point Of View*

You looked up, to see a smirking Axel, he jumped right in front of you and Riku, his green eyes landed on you as he rose. You both started to get in a fighting position.

"Now, now, calm down. I haven't even told you what I'm here for", said Axel as he crossed his arms. Riku summoned his keyblade out, ready to attack him.
"What do you want, Axel?" shouted Riku, anger pierced his eyes against Axel. You looked at Riku in confusion.
"You know him, Riku?", you said as Riku looked at you and turned his attention back to Axel.
"He works for the Organization. They're the ones summoning the nobodies. They've been causing trouble for a while", he said keeping his concentration on Axel.
"Well, I'm glad you remembered me, but I'm not here for you, I'm here for the Maiden, so stand aside", Axel's arms were suddenly surrounded by fire, when his two chakrams came out. He then made walls of fire surround all three of you, making sure both of you will escape.

You and Riku were both back to back right now. Riku had his keyblade raised in case Axel was ready to fight. You were stunned by the amazing fire that surrounded you. You never knew Axel could do that.

"Aniko, summon your weapon", said Riku as his eyes were still glaring at Axel.
"I...I'll try too. Last time, Namine gave it to me", you whispered under your breath. You got scared as Riku left your side and went straight towards Axel.
"Heh, I guess you want to do it the hard way then. Then, let's BURN!", Axel's eyes opened as he launched fire at Riku.

Riku dodged the fire by moving to the side. He made dark energy balls come from his hand and launched at Axel, but Axel quickly moved to Riku's back, and attacked him with one of the chakrams. Riku landed on the floor, but got up quickly. Axel then was running straight at you with his chakrams. He launched it at you and saw it coming straight at you.

You gasped, as you closed your eyes putting your arms in front of you to cover yourself, expecting the chakram to hit you. You heard it collide with something, so, you opened your eyes to see Riku holding his keyblade in front of him. He had blocked it.

"Are you okay, Aniko?", he asked looking back at you. You nodded as you shouted to Riku, seeing Axel coming straight at him.
"Riku, LOOK OUT", you yelled as you saw Axel ready to swing his two chakrams at Riku. You pushed Riku to the side making the chakrams hit you instead.

Axel had swung his chakrams at you, hitting you right on your injured shoulder. You felt the stabbing pain as the chakram dug in your skin. You dropped to your knees feeling the blood coming out of your shoulder, you felt the pain dragging you down to the floor, but tried to held it in.
"Heh, now you're just completely helpless, Maiden. That was a lousy move", said Axel as he was about to pick you up, when Riku send a dark energy ball to Axel's back, making Axel stop and move away.

"You won't lay a finger on her, as long as I'm here, Axel", yelled Riku, he ran in front of you trying to block any attack Axel might send.

You thought to yourself as you laid on the floor. "There has to be a way that I can protect Riku and myself", all of a sudden both your hands were releasing a swirl of darkness. It started to form into your chakrams. You grabbed them tightly in your hands and tried to get up. You used your weapons to support you trying to get up. Once you were up, you stood on your fighting position. Riku looked back and nodded at you, signaling if you were alright. You nodded back at him.

"Well, well, well. It seems your weapons are similar to mine. Talk about ironic. Let's see who's weapons are BETTER!", said Axel as he released fire balls from his weapons, shooting straight at you and Riku.
Riku grabbed your arm with his free hand and moved both of you, dodging the fire balls. You tried to maintain your balance with your feet, for the wound on your shoulder was pulling you down.

"Hold on a little longer, Aniko", said Riku looking at you. He knew you were tired.
"Just give up, Maiden. You're not going anywhere in that condition", Axel smirked at you and send a fire ball straight at Riku, sending Riku to the floor. Axel then quickly ran towards you and was about to hit you, but you blocked it with one of your chakrams and hit him with the other free chakram.

"I won't ever give up to a jerk like you, Axel", you said as Axel was trying to get back his balance from the hit. You then, made one of your chakrams glow black, and send it flying towards Axel, hitting him on his back, making his jacket rip.
"And my name isn't Maiden, it's Aniko...got it memorized", you said mocking him. He got up slowly and backed up. He started to chuckle.
"You're lucky your little boyfriend was here, Maiden. I'll be back when you least expect it", he said as he opened a dark portal and vanished through it.

The fire wall then slowly disappeared. You took a heavy sigh, and made your weapons disappear. You walked towards Riku, he was getting up.
"Riku, are you okay?", you said putting your hand on your bleeding shoulder.
"Aniko, your shoulder is still bleeding. We have to go back", he said looking at your wound. You shook your head at him.
"No, we're already half way. I'll treat it when we get over to Leon and the others. I can make it", you said smiling, trying to hide the fact that it hurt a lot.
"Alright, don't push yourself to hard, though", he said worryingly. You smiled at him and started walking ahead of him.

Few minutes had passed, and you both finally reached Ansem's Study. You both walked in and saw that everyone was waiting for you.
"Hey, you both finally made it", said Leon as he approached both of you. Goofy looked at both of you and said, "Gwarsh, what took so long for you both to get here?".

Kairi gasped as Sora pointed to your shoulder like a little kid, "Aniko what happened to your shoulder?". Kairi rushed over you and sat you down she called Yuffie who had brought in some bandages.
"Axel, stopped us along the way. He was after Aniko", said Riku as he walked over next to Sora.
"They probably know Aniko's power. This could be trouble", said Leon as he laid on the wall and crossed his arms.
You shook your head and looked over at Leon and changed the subject.
"That's not important right now, let's focus on that later. Leon, what was it you wanted us to come here anyways?" you said as Kairi was pulling your arm so she could wrap your shoulder.
"Right,well. As I told you all yesterday, they're heartless roaming around here. We were walking around the town when Cloud spotted that the Hallow Bastion tower was releasing darkness again. We think that the keyhole might of been opened again, releasing heartless".

You listened to Leon speaking when Kairi asked, "Why won't you guys just go to the castle and lock the keyhole?"
Leon nodded and answered, "Because there are more than millions of heartless over there guarding the castle, and we were out numbered. We needed more people", he said.
Sora laughed and wiped his nose," You needed help from the Keyblade warriors, like us", he said signaling he and Riku.

"But, the king isn't here" said a worried Donald.
"We were hoping if you could contact him, now that Organization 13 is involved, we might need his help".
"Well, then. Donald and Goofy, you set out to go find the King today, while everyone else stays here preparing for tomorrow's battle against the heartless. Okay?" said a happy, and confident Yuffie.

You nodded and everyone agreed.

Later that evening, Sora, Donald, Goofy and Riku got on the Gummi Ship to go get the king. You waved them goodbye and headed back to Merlin's house with Kairi and Yuffie.

"So, tomorrow we'll be fighting a huge group of heartless, right" said Yuffie opening the door of Merlin's house. You nodded to Yuffie.
"I hope Sora and Riku make it safe to the castle", said Kairi putting her hand over her heart.
"Don't worry, Kairi. They'll be back", you said as you walked in the house. You saw Aerith inside saying hi.
"Hello, you're back. Sorry, I couldn't go after you. Cid needed my help with something", she said.

"Don't worry, Aerith. Hey, tomorrow it'll only be us girls in the morning. Why don't we shop tomorrow. If heartless come out, we'll beat the crap out of them", said Yuffie cheerful as ever.
"Sure, I could use something new to wear. Is it alright, Kairi?", you asked Kairi.
"Okay, but what about Leon, Cloud and Cid?", she asked as Aerith smiled at her.
"They're going to the study early, so, they'll be busy" she said.
"Fine then it's settled, but tonight. Aniko's resting her shoulder. She's still wounded by last time" said Kairi looking at your shoulder. You sighed.
"Alright, but only because you say so", you said to them.

It was getting late. You all ate dinner and started to get ready to go to bed. You took a nice shower and went straight to the couch to sleep. You got the blanket on the table and wrapped yourself with it, trying to sleep in a position where your arm wouldn't hurt.
You slowly closed your eyes until you completely fell asleep. In a few minutes, you were completely asleep.
You end up in Destiny Island, looking out at the ocean. You turn around to see Sora, Kairi and Riku running towards you.

"Hey guys, what's up?" you ask them until you saw that they completely disappeared in a mist of darkness. You got shocked and yelled after them.
"Sora...Riku...Kairi", you yelled their names until you hear a voice speaking.
"I told you I would be back-" said the voice as you saw a pool of darkness underneath swallowing you.
"Ahhhhhhhhh", you screamed loud, finding yourself to open your eyes and wake up. It was another dream.
"Huh, it was only a dream", you panted, as you felt a hand covering your mouth and another one holding your hand to your back.
"I told you, I would be back...when you least expect it", you recognized the voice from behind you, it was Axel.

You began trying to break free, but couldn't. Axel made a portal open behind him, as he went through with you.
You saw complete darkness for a minute,you tried to struggle free, but Axel was grabbing your arm tightly. He removed his hand from your mouth, when you were about to yell at him, but you felt Axel burning your back with his hand, making you fall into a complete blackout.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, what's up! Wow, I made this one a little long. I've notice that in one chapter...a lot happens. It's weird, I just couldn't end the chapter after Axel's battle...I would've just wasted a chapter with just A battle, right? Anyhow, more coming soon!