Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 14: Alone in a Prison

*Your Point Of View*

You slowly open your eyes to see a blurry vision. You try to move but, you feel an immense burn on your back, keeping you from standing. Your vision became clear, and you noticed that you were in a white room.

"Where am I? What happened?", you scratched your head, trying to figure out what had happened to you. You shook your head until it all came back to you.
"That's right, Axel kidnapped me, but why take me here?", you said as you try to stand up, but the burn was to bad.

You saw drawings all over the white walls, drawings of people you recognized. Your eyes were caught in the drawing of Sora, Riku and Kairi.
You placed your hand on the picture, you smiled at it. "It's nice to see that you're all here, too".
Your eyes started to fill with tears, as you figured that you were alone for the first time. You never expected to be taken.

"I'm all alone. I couldn't break free. Why couldn't I be stronger", you said as you looked at the picture again, setting your eyes at Riku.
"Riku, I wish you were here. You' re always here for me. Please don't leave me here-" you paused as you heard a portal being opened. You turned around to see Axel coming out of it. You stood up, trying to ignore the burn on your back.
"You're awake. It's about time", he said smirking at you. You looked at him evilly. You didn't trust him after your last fight with him.

"The boss' waiting for you. I wouldn't keep him waiting if I were you", he said so casual. He walked towards you and grabbed your arm. You walked with him, as he was holding your arm. You both walked towards the portal.
You end up in another white room. You looked up to see white thrones above, you counted them. There were thirteen of them. There was a person in each chair wearing the black robe that Axel had.
"Xemnas, I brought you the girl, just like you ordered", said Axel releasing your arm. You pulled your arm back and rubbed it. Your back still hurting from the burn that Axel gave you.
"Well done, Axel", said the person in the highest throne. He looked down and examined you carefully.

You were frightened, you could feel a dark presence from him. Your body suddenly felt cold, you tried to avoid eye contact with him. He continued to examine you.
"My dear Maiden. Welcome to our castle, I've been expecting you", he said, as Axel backed away from behind you. Xemnas continued to talk.
"Those of us with no hearts, have been searching for your help. It seems that you have gained the power to control heartless, with the control of your emotions", he said in a cold tone. The other people on the thrones, turned their heads towards you.
"Why, do you need my power? It doesn't make any sense?", you said nervously. You were utterly confused but at the same time, scared.
A girl with blond hair, and blue eyes turned to you and started laughing.

"Are you kidding, you mean you haven't figured it out. This kid is hopeless", she said as she continued to laugh. You looked at her still confused.
"Silence, Larxene", yelled Xemnas to the blond girl. She stopped laughing, and looked at Xemnas shocked as ever.
"You will speak when told so. More of that, and your tongue will pay the price", he said to her, as she covered her mouth in shock. She turned her head and glared at you.
"We require your power, to lure the heartless in, and let them give up their hearts, so we can have them for our own purpose", said Xemnas as he turned to you,, ignoring Larxene's behavior.

"But first, we have to teach you how to harvest that power. Axel, you will be in charge of the Maiden's training", he said looking at Axel. Axel sighed and walked towards you.
"Training, but I-" you were interrupted by Axel, he grabbed your arm and opened a portal. You tried to break free. You knew that they were gonna force you do to something you didn't want to. You and Axel went through the portal, and ended up in a white training room.

"Well, might as well fire you up. Let's get started", Axel said as he let go of your arm and summoned his chakrams. You opened your eyes widely.
"Wait, I can't do this. I can't let you use me, and betray my friends", you said starting to glare at Axel. He chuckled as you paused.

"Oh really.You really think that you're betraying your friends. Those so-called friends of yours never really wanted anything to do with your power, since the beginning. Why do you think they always fight and leave you in the sidelines.You always wanted to feel needed and useful, so your powers always activate-", he quickly ran towards you and pushed you to the wall with his weapon.

The needles of the chakrams were now close to your neck as Axel's body was right in front of you, preventing you from moving. You tried to break free but the needles were to close to your neck. Axel leaned towards you and whispered in your ear.

"We're the ones who need you, we're the ones helping you to learn how to unleash your power, and all you can think about is those friends of yours".

You felt shivers up and down your spine. You felt like a statue, unable to move from his grasp. He moved away and looked at you with a smirk on his face.
"Either way, you're gonna be stuck here doing everything I tell you. Got It Memorized?", he said as he back away with his weapon and got in his fighting position.
"Hurry up and summon your weapons, before I get the urge to burn you", he ordered you.
You were shocked and utterly confused. You summoned your chakrams out, ready to fight. Axel came towards and started hitting you with his weapon.

While fighting Axel, thoughts flowed through your head. Did your friends really told you to stay back, just so you didn't have to use your power. Did your friends really ever needed you. They never really needed you before. Was helping the Organization, a group that really needed your help, really worth it.
"It can't be true...Axel can't be telling the truth. He can't be. I don't know what to do...I'm sorry, Riku. I failed you, I wasn't strong enough to be useful to anyone. I failed you..." you thought to yourself as you continued training with Axel. A tear fell from your eye.

*Riku's Point Of View*

"What do you mean, she's gone. Where is SHE?", you screamed at Kairi. She looked shocked and utterly confused.
"Riku, calm down. Kairi said that she was kidnapped by Axel at night, right Kairi?" said King Mickey at Kairi. Kairi nodded her head.
"I-I woke up when I heard Axel kidnapping Aniko. They disappeared through a portal. I-I'm sorry", she said nervously.

Sora walked over to you and put his hand on your shoulder, "Don't worry, Riku. We'll get her back. It's okay", he said smiling at you. You moved your shoulder away from his hand and turned to him.

"Sora, don't you get it. She's in danger. The Organization could be hurting her right now, but, what do you care? Kairi's here safe and sound, right", you said glaring at Sora. Kairi looked at Sora bluntly. Sora glared back at you.
"Riku, do you really think I don't care. She's my friend too, how could you say that I don't care", he said looking at you straight in the eye. Kairi walked towards you about to place her hand on your shoulder, but you walked out of Merlin's house.
You walked out, and continued to walk all the way to the Bailey. You stopped at the sight of the Hollow Bastion castle. Your eyes stared at it sadly. All you could think about was leaving Aniko alone. What could they be doing to her?

You slammed your fist to the wall, "Dammit. I left her alone for one second and they kidnapped her. Everytime she's alone, they hurt her, and now, I finally had the chance to protect her, and she gets taken from me", you looked at the floor. You felt a sorrow in your heart, in a way, you felt incomplete. You took a deep sigh.
"Aniko, you always wanted to feel needed, but the truth is, I've always needed you by my side", you muttered under your breath as you continued to look down. Your hair was completely covering your face now, making everyone that might of passed you, unable to see your expression.

"It's such a shame you left the dark realm, for the light, Riku. Maybe you could've saved her already if you were in our side again" said a voice behind you.
You turned around to see who it was. You recognized the person behind you. She had a green face with yellow eyes and a huge black robe with black horns on her head. You turned to her and glared.

"What do want, Maleficent?", you asked, continuing the glare at her face.
"All I want to do is help you, in exchange for your return to the dark realm, Riku", she said icily. She looked at you and smirked.

"Forget it, Maleficent. I'm not going back there. Following your orders was the biggest mistake of my life", you said, as you started to walk away. She laughed a little.
"Well then, I suppose that girl will fade into the darkness. Her heart will be taken away, and you will remain with the guilt of never helping her", she said as she walked towards you.

You were caught in a tide. You didn't know whether to help Aniko and sacrifice yourself back in darkness, or wait till they hurt Aniko and hope that you weren't to late.

You put your hand over your heart, and began to think. You began to think what to do. Your mind was clouded with these thoughts. You slowly sighed and turned to Maleficent.
"Alright, but you better make sure you help me get Aniko back, or else...",you said glaring at her. She smiled and nodded.
"I will make sure of that", she said as she made her scepter glow green. She pointed the staff at you and it released a dark aura in your body.

You felt the darkness swarming all over your body. You felt slight pains, but absorbed the power. You opened your eyes and nodded to her. She slowly disappeared as she laughed manically. You opened a portal with your hand and passed through it.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Axel brainwashed you believing that no one needs you, and Riku sacrificed himself to save you. So confusing. Well, let's hope Riku reaches Aniko in time...who knows what Axel has in store for her????? More coming soon!!