Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 18: Paralyzed by Fear

"Aniko!", you yelled after Zexion had taken Aniko through a portal. You turned your body towards Xemnas with an angry expression on your face.

"Dammit, Xemnas what are you going to do with her?", you said at him.
He looked at you with no expression. He raised an eyebrow at you and grinned.
"Why do suddenly have any interest what happens to the Maiden? This doesn't concern you, Axel".

You continue to glare at him, but slowly stopped. Your eyes turned as you walked away. You opened a portal and disappeared out of Xemnas' sight.
You end up in the white hallway outside your room. You quickly slammed your fist into the wall, slightly burning it. You took a heavy sigh, and looked down.

"Dammit, what could Xemnas be doing? He didn't mention this at ALL" you paused. You had a flashback of Xemnas hitting Aniko straight to the floor. You gripped your hand and removed it from the wall.

"Aniko...they better not be doing anything wrong with her..." you softly whispered to yourself.
You walked in the hallway ignoring everything around you. Your body was automatically leading you to your room, as you turned the handle and went in. You spot Riku sitting up in your bed. His eyes glanced behind you,but saw nothing, he must've been looking for Aniko.
"Where is she?", Riku asked icily to you. He obviously still didn't trust you since your last encounter.

You rolled your eyes at him. You couldn't tell him that they captured her, he would probably jump out of the room and be caught by the other members. You walked towards the other end of the room, avoiding eye contact.
"She'll be back. Geez, you're really desperate. What's your rush?", you said sounding convincing, looking back at him.

Riku's glared died off as you said that. He looked down, putting his arm around his rib.
"I just, I just don't want you people hurting her. She's everything to me", he said softly, but you heard every word he said.
A thought entered your mind. It struck you at an instant, Your eyes softened, as you opened your mouth to ask Riku something.

"So, what's it like?"

Riku's head turned to you, he looked at you confusingly.

"What's like what?", his eyes suddenly glared at you, alerting himself for any attack.
"What's it like...to feel?", you asked quickly, not looking directly at Riku. His eyes widen at the instant you asked that. He looked up at the ceiling, and slightly smiled.
"I feel whole. Without her, it's just like being stuck in the darkness again", he stopped and looked down at his hands. You wish you could understand what he was talking about.

You've never felt any emotion...well none that you could remember. The closest thing to actually feeling something, was you were friends with Roxas.
"I would feel guilty if something would happened to her. I can't have her away from me", Riku began talking again.
You felt guilty at that instant. Knowing that Aniko was somewhere probably getting hurt, and you couldn't lift the finger to help. You shook your head and changed the subject. Your tone got serious.
"How's my buddy Roxas?", you asked Riku. You still avoided eye contact. Riku nodded and and responded.
"Why don't you ask Sora himself"?
"If only it were that easy?", you said sighing heavily. You saw Riku standing up from the bed.

You reacted quickly.

"What are you doing, you moron? You're suppose to be laying down", you said to him, as you placed your hands behind your head. You moved to a corner of the room. Riku glared at you.
"I know there's something wrong with her. I can feel it. Her aura's growing...besides, you didn't look at me directly when I asked you where she was".
You were impressed by his knowledge. You chuckled a bit and faced him.
"Well, I guess you aren't that much of moron. Still, unless you don't put your hood on, you're surely gonna get caught".
Riku quickly pulled his hood over his face, showing nothing but darkness under it. You nodded and walked over to the door. You stopped and looked back at him.
"By the way, if anything happens to you...it's not my problem. My job was to watch over Aniko, no one else. Got it memorized?", you looked over at him.

Riku nodded and opened the door in front of you. You looked at him curiously. You stretched out your arm towards the hallway's direction, as you bent down.

"After you. Zexion captured her. Unfortunately, I don't know where he took her.As long as you follow her aura, we might find her".
Riku nodded at you and started running towards the end of the hallway. You could feel he knew where he was going. You followed him.

*Your Point Of View*

You were on the very top of the castle. You could see the heart shaped moon closer than ever. Zexion kept holding on to your hair as he gripped on it, making your head be pushed back. Your eyes were still glowing, you were yelling at him.
"Let go of me!" you yelled as heartless were being summoned out of the ground with your anger.

They went after Zexion, but Zexion had a barrier around both of you, making the heartless dissolve every time they tried to attack him. You saw a heart being released every time a heartless was destroyed.
"I can't. Not until you released enough hearts for us to collect", murmured Zexion as he tighten his grip around your hair.
"I said let go of me!" you shouted at him. Your eyes were glowing brighter as more heartless started to swarm in. They continued to release floating hearts as they dissolved by the barrier.

"Keep that up and I'll let you go sooner than you think", he said with no emotion.
You started to struggle to get out. You let out a small tear, from the pain of the tight grip of Zexion.
"You should consider yourself lucky to be feeling pain and sorrow. Us nobodies feel absolutely nothing".

You continue to struggle to break free. More heartless kept coming, and more hearts were being released. You raised your arms to grab Zexion's grip on your hair, and held on to it.
"I said LET GO!", you yelled even louder. A whole swarm of Neo Shadows came out and broke the barrier. They went straight towards Zexion. His eyes widen to see his barrier fall. He let you go and backed away. The heartless jumped on him and slowly wrapped him in darkness. He was being sucked down into the darkness, just like Larxene. He looked at you and smirked.

"Do you think I'm going down THAT easily?", he said as his body slowly started to change form.

You could see his body changing in certain ways, your eyes shot wide open to see his hair turning silver, and his eyes aqua green. The darkness had stopped drowning him, as you saw that he had transformed into Riku.
"Riku..."you felt a deep pain in your heart. Your eyes returned to normal.

This is what it would have looked like if you attacked Riku. Your mind started to play games on you. You started to think it was Riku being attacked. You fell to your knees, your hands held you from falling to the floor.

The darkness disappeared around Zexion's transformed body, as he stood up and and walked towards your frozen body. He whispered into your ear still in Riku's form.
"That's enough hearts for today".
Your eyes shot opened, as he disappeared from your side. You laid there staring at the floor, frozen in mind.
"I almost killed him. I almost killed Riku", you repeated to yourself.
You heard voices coming up to you. You didn't bother to look, you were still in a traumatized state.
"Aniko!", you heard the voice yell out.
You saw black gloves next to your hands. You recognized the voice at an instant. You looked up and quickly wrapped your arms around him.
"Riku. You're...You're alive...", you said to him.

*Riku's Point Of View*

"Aniko, what did they do to you? Tell me!", you yelled at her, you could feel her body shaking with fear, as she hugged you tightly.
"I almost killed you. I almost KILLED you", she continued ranting on.
"I'm here Aniko. You didn't hurt me, I'm fine. Don't be scared", you cooed her.

You placed your hand on her head, making her know that you were okay. Axel came walking from behind you.

"Zexion can look deep into someone's heart, he probably played a mind trick on her. Damn him", he cursed.
You continued comforting Aniko. Her trembling didn't stop,you knew she was completely scared. You picked her up in bridal style.
"Axel, let's go back to your room, before they find out we're here", you said holding Aniko tightly.

She had her arms wrapped around your neck, still trembling. Axel opened a portal as you all went in.
You got to Axel's room as you placed Aniko on Axel's bed. Her eyes were shut tightly. You walked away to give her some room.

"Riku, don't leave!", she shouted. She probably thought you were still being attacked. You knelled down in front of the bed, so Aniko can see you. You stretched out your hand at her so she could grab it.
"I'm right here, Aniko. I'm not going anywhere", you said calmly to her.
She opened her eyes slowly and grabbed your hand. She was still shaking.You touched her shoulder and started to rub it back and forth.

"You both have to leave this place tonight. She'll die soon, if the members keep torturing her like that", said Axel worryingly.
You nodded, and turned your attention to Aniko...she was too scared to go to sleep.

"Aniko, I'm not leaving you by my side ever again. I won't let anything bad happen to you. I promise. No one will lay a finger on you as long as I'm here. I'll always be here for you".
You looked at Aniko with your aqua eyes, and continued rubbing her shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I have to say...I almost cried on this one. This really made me sad, (getting new pack of tissues and blowing nose on it). I officially hate Zexion now!! Screw you Zexion! Alright, no more torturing Aniko, Riku and Axel are gonna get out of that torture chamber. But how are they gonna escape it...more coming soon!!