Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 19: The Great Escape

*Your Point Of View*

"Aniko, wake up".

You heard Riku's voice echoing your ear. Your eyes shot open, searching around the room. You see Riku sitting right beside you on the edge of your bed. He was still wearing the black coat, his hand still tightly gripped by yours.

"You feeling better?", he asked you worryingly. You nodded and yawned a little.
"What time is it?", you asked so tired, your body was so exhausted from the fright you had with Zexion, your power also drained a lot from you.

"You only slept for two hours. We're gonna get out of here", Riku whispered softly, so the people from outside wouldn't hear.

You shook your head at him. You didn't know if it was possible to get out of the castle, you thought it was almost impossible.
"How, the members are everywhere?", you said to Riku looking straight at him.
"Leave that to me. I'll guide you out of here", Axel interrupted you, he was laying on the wall with his hands behind his head. He winked and summoned his chakrams.
"You really mean that Axel. I thought you said you wouldn't allow me to go?", you questioned him.

Axel did mention last time that he wasn't gonna let you go. You raised an eyebrow at him, Riku on the other hand, glared at him. You knew was dedicated to get you out, at all cost. Axel shrugged his shoulders.
"Heh, anyone who can beat the crap out of Larxene, surely has my loyalty. Besides, isn't that what friends do?", he said in a sly tone as he walked towards you.

Your eyes were amazed by his words. Even after all you've been through with Axel, he actually was going against his orders to help you. You nodded at him and gave him a quick hug.

"Thanks Axel, this means a lot to me", you said to him.
Axel looked at you bluntly. He shook his head and and moved you away from him.
"Yeah, whatever...just don't hug me again".
You giggled at him, Riku stood up and pulled his hood over his face, he summoned his keyblade.
"Alright, let's not waste time. Let's go, you lead Axel", Riku pointed his weapon at Axel, then pointed to the door.

Axel looked at him and chuckled a bit. He turned to the door, and opened it. You all went out, leading to the hallway. Riku grabbed your hand and pulled you close.
"It's this way", Axel shouted to you as he went running to the left side. You and Riku went running after him, all the way to the end of the hall, Axel slowly stopped and turned to you guys.

"Hold on, someone's coming", he said to both of you. Riku backed to the wall, taking you with him.

Axel backed to the wall also, he peeked his head to the corner,seeing if there was anyone there. You and Riku remained quiet, waiting for Axel's signal. You could feel the suspense running through your body, you were starting to get nervous but tried to remain calm. Axel brought his head back and signaled you.

"Alright, let's keep moving", you all ran to the other side, going through a huge door.

You were now in the Altar Of Naught, outside of the halls. You could see the heart shaped moon above you glowing. It reminded you of the incident with Zexion, you trembled a little, Riku placed his hand on your shoulder.
"You okay?", he asked under his hood, you couldn't tell his facial expression, the hood really hid him well.
You nodded and smiled at him. Axel kept in front of you. He waved his chakram for both of you to come over.

"Alright, there's still a long way to go, I'll just open up a portal and take us to the entrance", said Axel, he stretched out his arm and summoned a portal.

You and Riku jumped right in, while Axel followed. You ended up in a another place in the castle, it was a wide room with the castle's exit at the end. Your body was full of excitement once you laid eyes on it.

"We're almost there", you said pointing out. You started walking ahead, you were already picturing getting out of that torture place, when all of a sudden an assassin nobody came out of the floor and went straight to attack you.
"Oh no", you yelled out in surprise. Axel quickly jumped in front of you and destroyed the assassin with his chakram.
"They're on to us", yelled out Axel, Riku quickly ran towards you and grabbed your wrist.
"Summon your weapon, hurry".
"Okay", you nodded as Riku released your wrist. You summoned your chakrams and formed swirls of darkness around them.

More nobodies were coming out of the floor. You started throwing your chakrams at them, destroying them one by one. Riku and Axel were fighting them off trying to lead straight to the exit. You followed them.

"Hurry this way", Axel kept destroying the nobodies making way for you and Riku to leave.
"Come on, we're almost there...", Riku grabbed your hand and started to run towards the exit.

You still had your chakrams out ready for anything. You both ran out of the castle avoiding all the nobodies. You both were running out side, but stopped midway. You couldn't believe your eyes, you were so close to freedom.

"Hello, Maiden. So good to see you again, is it not?", smirked Marluxia, with a pink scythe over his shoulder.
"Marluxia, what are you doing here?", you shouted at him.
"Isn't it obvious. I can't just let you get away, now can I?"
Axel was coming from behind, he stopped in shock to see Marluxia . He threw fire at him, his facial expression was complete anger.
"Dammit, Marluxia get out of the way".
"And if I refuse, traitor?", Marluxia rushed towards Axel and swung his scythe at him, Axel blocked it with his chakrams, sending Marluxia back.
"Aniko, keep going. Go!", Axel shouted while shooting fire at Marluxia. Marluxia's eyes rapidly laid on you.
"Come on, Aniko", Riku grabbed your hand and started running towards the black city, Maluxia began to chuckle.
"She's not going anywhere", Marluxia raised his hand in the air.

You quickly fell to the ground while running, for you felt something grab your leg. You look back and see a vine wrapped around your leg. More vines were coming out quickly.

"Let go of me!", you shouted swinging your chakram at the vine, cutting it in half.

You quickly got up and continued running with Riku. You stopped running and gasped for air, you looked back to see Axel was still fighting Marluxia.

"Riku, we can't leave Axel behind", you said yelling out to Riku. He looked back at you, noticing you were worried. He glanced back to see Axel getting hit by Marluxia's scythe. He nodded back at you, as you both ran back to him.
You quickly summoned swirls of darkness to attack Marluxia, hitting him in the stomach. You ran towards Axel, picking him up from the floor.

"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, but you're suppose to be running away. Why the hell did you come back?"
"Cause you're my friend that's why?" You smiled at him as you both got up and went straight towards Marluxia to attack him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys! Well, Marluxia isn't gonna go easy on you now that all three of you are surrounding him, so I hope you guys are ready for him....but the big question still remains...how are you gonna get out of the WORLD!! (I know)!!! More coming soon!!