Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 23: Thoughts of You

*Your Point Of View*

You looked at the small mouse that offered his hand. You blinked your eyes a few times, until you decided to bend down to him.

"Pleasure to meet you, you're Majesty", you spoke in a respectable way.
The Small mouse laughed nervously and put his arm behind his small neck.
"Gosh, you don't need to be so formal. Just call me Mickey", he said a little fidgeted. You rose your head and smiled at him.
"Alright, then. Thank you", you said as you turned your attention to Leon.
"Glad you could join us. Now let's get back to business", he cleared, as you nodded your head.

You all walked over to the computer, and faced the computer screen, Leon continued to try to scan the castle.

"Um, so what's exactly going on?", you asked, you fidgeted a little.
"The heartless keep coming out of the castle, preventing us to see, or enter the castle from inside. We need to find some way to get in, and stop the heartless", Leon said as he continued typing.

You looked over at the screen again, confused, but knew that it was a big deal. You nodded at him and placed your hand on your chin.
"I see...", you say, as Yuffie and Sora looked at you with huge staring eyes.
You jumped back and breathed in.
"What are you looking at?", you say to both of them. Yuffie laughed out loud, as Sora shook his head.
"Aniko, that's when we need YOUR help. We need your help to control the heartless, and help us try to get in", Yuffie said while she laughed.

You didn't understand why she was laughing, Sora placed his hand on your shoulder.
"She's laughing because you didn't figure out that we needed your help...don't worry, I think she's nuts too!", he said with a cheesy smile.

You smiled back as King Mickey and Leon got up from the computer, they stood in front of you, and the others.

"Alright, we'll be going into battle in 4 days. So, all of you should get some rest, and be prepared for our mission", King Mickey mentioned to us, his tail moving in many different directions, while his eyes showed a worried expression.

You couldn't help but, find him cute. He may have been a a king, but he was the cutest thing you may have seen.
You all nodded at King Mickey, and agreed to meet back in the third day. you, Sora, Kairi, Aerith, and Yuffie walked out of the study. Yuffie had her hands behind her head, while Sora and Kairi were holding hands. Aerith was real close to you, she leaned over to tell you something.

"See, we told you the others would like it", she said, referring to your new look.
You blushed heavily, and laughed nervously. You shook your head and looked to the ground.
"I wish Riku could see me, I wonder what he would've thought", you thought to yourself, as you looked up to the sky.

You felt the wind blow your hair into your face, as the wind swirled around your body. It almost felt like a spirit dancing around with you, but your eyes showed a deep worried expression. You wondered where Riku was right now.

*Riku's Point Of View*

A couple of nobodies surrounded you, each one moving in many different directions, but you could feel they were focusing on you.

You gave a small sigh, and reached out your keyblade. You quickly summoned darkness around you and made it attack the nobodies. The darkness turned into many forms, as it swirled into the air, colliding with each nobody that were once focusing on you. They all disappeared in an instant, as you continued to walk towards the empty hallways of the Disney Castle.

You still had your black hooded jacket on, trying to hide your face, so no one would recognize you. You walked right up to the Throne room, and opened the small door on the side. As you walked through, you saw a huge red carpet leading all the way to a throne. It felt like a never ending hallway, as you continued to walk up to the throne.

Suddenly, a flashback filled your mind, returning bit by bit. You saw yourself in a dark bedroom, as Malificent entered through the door. Her evil yellow eyes glowed in the darkness, yet, you were unafraid.

"Ready for your first task?", she said in the dark, her eyes staring straight at you, but you ignored her and continued to walk out of the room. She closed the door behind.
You walked in the hallways with Malificent following behind. You look up to find yourself in front of Radiant Garden's huge keyhole. You turn back facing Malificent with no emotion whatsoever.

"I need you to go to the King's Castle, and stab the Cornerstone with your keyblade. Once you do, it will be tainted black, and heartless will invade the entire castle", Malificent raised her voice, as she lift her hands in the air, showing that she was confident about her plan. She looked back at you with her yellow eyes.
"
Make sure you do don't fail. When you're ready, you can go", she said lowering her voice, still, that didn't fool you.

Your flashback ended, as you noticed you had already reached the throne. You quickly looked for a switch in around the throne, until you found it. You pressed the button as the throne started to move to the side, slowly. You waited until the throne was completely done from moving. Once it did, you walked down the stairs that were revealed from the moving throne.

Down the stairs was an empty white room, and in the middle was the huge crystal round shaped Cornerstone Of Light.
It glowed brightly, as you stepped closer to it. You examined it very carefully.

"The Cornerstone. So that's how the king protects the castle. That was good thinking", you whispered to yourself, and smiled.
The king was a very close friend to you. He was your guidance to the light, after all you suffered through, trying to find your way back to Sora and Kairi last year. You felt bad, knowing that you were about to hurt everyone precious to King Mickey in the castle, it made you feel uncomfortable. You shook your head and faced the Cornerstone, knowing that you were forced to do this.

You reached for your keyblade again, as you walked towards it. You raised your keyblade in the air, gripping it tightly in your hand. You looked at the Cornerstone again, shining brightly. You then quickly stabbed the keyblade into the Cornerstone, forming a large crack on it.
The Cornerstone's glow started to turn into a deep black, as heartless started to come out of the Cornerstone, one by one. They raced rapidly all around the room, crawling against the walls, their yellow eyes beamed everywhere, as the stair reached their attention and raced to it.

You looked at the swarm of heartless scattered around the room. You formed a portal to your side with your hand. You quickly glanced back at the Cornerstone, as you heard a yell.
"The castle's invaded!", you recognized the voice to be Queen Minnie heading her way down.

You shook your head, and went inside the portal.
You ended back into the Radiant Garden castle. You stood in front of the keyhole, as Malificent spotted you. She smirked cruelly, and walked towards you.
"Well done, my pet", she said about to place her hand on your shoulder, but you quickly moved your shoulder away, walking pass by her.

You went straight to your room, ignoring everything you see. You opened the door in your room, spotting the bed, as you quickly sat down on it.
As you sat on it, you noticed your right hand was turning black, almost like a shadow. You could go right through it, you lift it up in the air and smirked.
"So, that's what happens, huh", you said as you laid on your bed staring at the roof. Your mind was floating somewhere, lost in thought. You quickly spoke the first word in your mind.
"Aniko".

*Your Point Of View*
"Riku?", the word just came out of your mouth, with no warning. You were in Merlin's house, sitting on the couch, drinking some hot chocolate Yuffie made.
"What?", Kairi said, referring to what you said earlier. You shook your head, and smiled at her.
"It's nothing", you said as you sipped your chocolate slowly.

There were thoughts stirring in your head, until you started to think about something else. You quickly remembered something really important, and started to wonder.
"Aniko, are you thinking of Riku?", Kairi asked nicely. You quickly went out of thought and looked at her.
"Um, actually, I was thinking about something that Axel said to me", you said looking at the chocolate in your cup. Kairi raised an eyebrow.
"What did he say?"
"Kairi, do you know someone named Roxas?"
♠ ♠ ♠
To be honest, I was kind of blocked for this chapter, but for some reason, my mind comes with the weirdest things. Well, more coming soon.