Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 25: The Other Side of the Heart

*Your Point Of View*

"So, you're...", you said to him, softly, trying to believe that it you were actually talking to Roxas.

It felt strange, talking to someone you have never met, but, you felt as if he was a lost friend that you haven't seen in the longest time. You smiled at him.

"I can't believe it...but how?"
"I heard you were looking for me, Namine told me...", he said fixing his hair by brushing his finger through his hair.
"Namine, I haven't seen her in a long time...now that you mention her...", it was silent for a second until you opened your eyes widely, and looked up to him, with a gasp.
"Roxas, Do you remember your friend, Axel?", you said rapidly, at him. He blinked once, and sighed.

"Yeah, I remember him. He was my best friend, I think...", he said, with a struggling look on his face, trying to remember his time spent with Axel, before disappearing.
"Roxas...", you placed a hand on his shoulder, looking straight at him.
"...Axel, misses you. He wants you to come back, he's got no one to talk to, ever since you left. He needs-", you were interrupted by Roxas moving your hand away from his shoulder, looking quite angered.

"There's no way I'm going back. I left once, and I don't expect to go back there again.", his eyes focused on your startled face, his words were full of certainty, there was no way he was going back, and he meant it.
"Besides, I can't leave...there's someone else who needs me more than Axel".
"Who? Who could be more important than your best friend?", you said wondering about the words that came out of Roxas's mouth. He smirked and looked at you.

"What's it to you?", he said staring at you with a smirk on his face. You shook your head and looked at him seriously.
"Because, I'm Axel's friend too, and I demand to know what could be more important than you helping him. Don't you have a heart?", you asked him, hysterically.

Roxas closed his eyes and shook his head, he looked down, and remained silent for a second, until you could hear his voice whispering under his breath.
"No. I'm just a nobody...only half a person...",

You stood there frozen to his reply. You thought about it and remembered that Roxas was a nobody just like Axel. You shook your head, and looked at him serious. You took a deep breath trying to forget what he just said.
"Roxas, who needs you more than Axel?", you asked him, looking straight in the eye. He smiled and looked at you, as your seriousness slowly turned to confusion.
"You know him to well to be asking that question", he said. You looked at him puzzled, with no idea of what he meant.
You looked disappointed, after all this, and you can't convince Roxas to come back.
"This isn't what I had in mind...", you said looking down. He got closer to you, and stared.
"I'm sorry..."

A silence paused the conversation between you two, until you looked up and smiled back at him.

At that moment, everything got blurry and shined white. Few seconds later, you woke up, opening your eyelids in the morning. You rubbed your eyes, and looked around the room. No one was there.
"Where is everybody?", you said pulling the blanket off, and putting on your shoes.

You quickly run downstairs, and look around the kitchen. There was absolutely no one there. You were starting to get nervous.
"That's strange, why isn't anyone here?", you said looking around the room. You shrugged your shoulders, and went outside to the borough, expecting to find someone. You quickly walked around the town, but no luck. You look in the stores, still, no one there. You were getting a bit desperate.
"Where could they be?", you said. You sighed heavily and kept walking.

You started to think about what Roxas said in your dream, "someone else who needs him more".

"What could he mean? Who could need him more than his best friend?", you thought to yourself. Images of Axel came into your head, you felt bad for him. You started to feel guilty for leaving Axel in that castle, now that no one was going to help him.
"I can't believe this-", you said out loud.
"Can't believe what?", you turn around really fast, surprised to see Sora behind you. You jump back.

"Sora, I didn't know you where there?"
"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you...", he said with a cheesy smile.
You sighed and then smiled back with relief to see someone you knew.
"So, what was it that you can't believe?", Sora asked curiously. You blinked your eyes a couple of times, to realize you had thought out loud. You shook your head and grinned.
"It's nothing".
"Are you sure, you seemed kinda-", Sora stopped for a second, and you smiled.
"It's okay, I'm fine Sora", you said, as he smiled back and continued walking forward with you.
"Come on, the others are at the study", he said and led the way.

You smiled at him as he walked forward. You were still quite confused. You didn't want Sora to find out about your dream with Roxas, for he might start worrying, and so would Kairi. While you kept walking, you noticed that Sora reminded you of Roxas. Actually he looked a lot like Roxas.You started staring at him, and dazed off thinking about the dream with Roxas again.

*What could he have meant?*, you thought, and then without noticing you bumped into Sora, and looked up.
"Ow, oh sorry, Sora".
"It's okay, you've been day dreaming a lot lately, are you sure you're okay?"
"Positive, now let's go!", you said pushing him inside the study.

You both reached the study, only to find out that there are heartless invading the study, with the whole group attacking them. You open your eyes to surprise.
"What's going on?"

"The heartless are swarming. We've got to get in that castle as soon as possible", said the king who had just finish destroying a soldier heartless. You gulped and looked at him.
"Everyone head outside, we're heading towards the castle", Leon yelled out, as everyone moved out, heading out of the study.

You kept running out, noticing that Sora and Kairi had caught up to you. More heartless started swarming around you all. Yuffie had came out too, throwing her weapon at the shadows.
"Guys, be careful. They're everywhere!", Yuffie cried out.
"How did this happen?", Sora asked Kairi, looking exhausted from the running.

"They just started swarming everywhere, the next second, they were attacking us", she said.
Leon came out, and yelled out at everyone to move out.The king also came with his golden keyblade shinning brightly.
"There's no time to lose, let's head towards the castle", he said, as everyone headed straight towards the castle. The king walked up to you, and looked serious.
"Aniko are you ready for this?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Even though this chapter may seem pointless, it's a very important chapter. During this chapter and on, Roxas will be like a guardian to Aniko, the voice in her head, and he may help her find the power she needs to help others.