Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 32: Never Leave Without You

A few seconds ago, I had done the worst possible mistakes a human would ever commit: Betray, and Hurt. A few seconds ago, I also found the one thing I've been looking for, happiness. Well, more like he found me.

As I let tears flow freely down my face, Riku looked down on me slightly laughing, "Hey. Come on now. Isn't this the same girl who would eventually beat the Organization down to their knees?" I pulled away wiping the tears out of my eyes.

"Sorry! It's hard for me to believe...after all this time. I finally found you", I smiled looking up at the face I've been desperately looking for.
"I just can't believe you were here this whole time, and you didn't tell me". I asked, he took a deep breath.
"It doesn't matter. What matters is for you to get out of here with Sora and the others, before Maleficent does any worse harm". He closed the door behind him, making sure no one would here our conversation.
"Maleficent could be anywhere trying to listen in on our next move", he looked out of the small window in the door. I watched him look out as t suddenly hit me.
"Wait, what about you? You're, you're not thinking of staying here? Are you?" Riku hesitated his words, there was a moment of silence that filled the dark room's walls.

"Aniko, I made a deal with Maleficent. She wants you, she wants your power. She'll use any chance she'll have to use you. I don't want you near her grasp.", he laid against the door with his hands crossed, facing me.
"The only way to get rid of her control, is if I get rid of her myself." I tried to ignore the fact that he was he doing this to protect me, but he was right at the same time. The only way to get rid of Maleficent's control, was to get rid of her.

"Riku, I know you're trying to do what's best for others; what's best for me, but why do you have to stay here. Why can't you come with us?" He remained silent, "Riku?", he turned his head away, avoiding eye contact.
"Riku, don't ignore me, please?", I pleaded, he looked at my direction once again.

He walked over to me and placed a hand on my hair. He gently stroke my hair, as his hand met my cheek. I was about to place my hand over his, when his hand went straight through my cheek, dissolving through. I jumped back slightly by surprise. My eyes landed at the source, his hand had turned into a shadow.

"What?" I questioned, staring at his shadowed hand, as he made it turn back to its original state.
"I told you, I made a deal with Maleficent. I can't leave until I destroyed her myself", Riku made his hand form a grip. You place your hand on your cheek, feeling the dark energy that went through. "It's taking over you, isn't it?"

He looked up.

"The darkness. It's taking over you, isn't it?", I approached him, worried about his being, if he stayed with Maleficent too long. He remained quiet, at the same time, he answered my question. I sighed and smiled at him, "Why are you always getting into trouble, huh, Riku?" He looked at me with a confused expression on his face, "You really think, I'm just going to listen to you and leave without you. You don't know me at all". He shook his head in disbelief, "Why are you so stubborn, Aniko?"

I backed away and looked out the window, "I learned it from you", I said. I summoned my chakrams to each hand on my side, and yelled, "Come on! We have to get Sora out of that cell, I bet Donald's is driving him and the others crazy". Riku summoned his keyblade, and blasted the door. With that, the door busted open, also sending a couple of heartless flying down the stairs. Knowing that more heartless would be on their way, Riku and I ran down the stairs.

"Quick, before they start appearing again". Riku yelled out, leading me the way to the dungeon.
"Riku!", I yelled out to him. He stopped running, as I caught up to him, "Yeah?".
I looked up into his aqua eyes, and said, "Whatever happens, promise me we'll leave together!", I said breathing heavily. He was about to say his response, when the Defenders, and Wyvern heartless appeared around us. Maleficent knows. The heartless surrounded us, as we stood back to back with weapons ready at hand. I felt their eyes on me. I closed my eyes.

"Promise", my eyes shot open as they looked up at Riku. Without warning, the heartless strike.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took me 5 months to get me back to writing this chapter. I'm ashamed. :(
But, it took me an announcement that Kingdom Hearts RE:Chain of Memories was going to be released somewhat this week, to get me inspired again. Sorry!

Anyhow, I want to say that I want to finish this story somewhat early 2009. I have to admit, I'm not responsible enough to keep this story updated so often. But I promise you, I will finish it.

Also, I will be writing a Christmas special tomorrow so it can be up tomorrow. YAY!
And , I also finished my KKJ one shot, but I will not release it till February, due to the fact it seems more like a Valentine's Day one shot.

But yeah, expect a Christmas One shot around tomorrow or Christmas. Alright. Thanks you guys for the Patience. I will also try to update the next chapter somewhat this week. Thanks again you guys. You rock.