Maiden of Darkness

Chapter 7: Struggling Though It All

Your Point Of View

You open your eyes and slightly yawn. You looked around and noticed that Riku wasn't by your side anymore. You were covered in a white blanket. You looked around and also noticed that Sora and Kairi were gone too.

"They must've finally awaken", you said trying to get up and stretching your arms. You walked out of the Usual Spot, and saw that Kairi was awake.
"Hey, Aniko. You're finally awake". She smiled and hugged you. You looked at her confused. "What do you mean, finally. You guys were knocked out for a long time. I should be saying the same thing to YOU".

Kairi raised an eyebrow at you, "Aniko, you weren't yourself in Destiny Island. Your eyes were glowing purple, and your body wouldn't move. We thought you weren't gonna wake up and be yourself again".

You were still confused. "I was...that's weird. I don't remember being like that. All I remember was screaming at my dad and...I ended up in this black place with all of you three knocked out".

Kairi shook her head and placed her hand on your shoulder. "The reason that we were next to you was because Riku found you, and there were heartless around the island. We came looking for you, and Riku came holding you in that state. After that, we were surrounded by heartless...and we woke up in Twilight Town. Hayner told us that you brought us here, after we were knocked out".

You opened your eyes widely at that moment. You couldn't believe your friends were knocked out...all because they tried to save you from the heartless. You eye dropped a tear, and you hugged Kairi. "Thanks, Kairi". Kairi pushed back from you. "Don't thank me. I should thank you, you did bring us here after all", she said smiling at you. You scratched your head for a second, "Actually, I ...". Kairi interrupted you.

"I almost forgot. Riku and Sora are competing in the Struggle match with Hayner. We're gonna be late. They woke up early this morning and Hayner told them to sign up. I think their match is gonna start". You put your hand on your chin and said, "What a struggle match?"
Kairi grabbed your hand and said, "You'll see!!!" Kairi started to run while holding your hand. You ran behind her.

In a few seconds, Kairi leaded you to the Sandlot. There were a whole lot of people cheering and clapping. You saw Pence and Ollette waving at you. Pence shouted out, "Hey, over here you guys". Kairi took your arm and led you to Ollette and Pence.
Ollette giggled and said, "You're just in time. The match's about to start". You turned around and saw the platform. The sponsor guy was starting.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to the Annual Struggle match. Our first competitors, will be against Hayner and Sora".

You saw Sora stepping on the platform with some kind of blue hitting bat in his hand. He swung it around a few times and took a fighting pose. On the other side was Hayner with his own "bat", waving it around. He saw all of you waving and cheering him on. He smiled and waved back, then took his fighting stand.

You started shouting out, "Go Hayner, Go Sora!!". The sponsor raised his hands. "Alright, 3...2...1...GO!!". The countdown ended and the match began.

Sora ran straight to Hayner, ready to hit him and take his orbs, but Hayner slammed Sora first and hit him. Sora released a couple of orbs. Kairi shouted, "Come on, Sora. You can do it". Sora heard Kairi's shout, and turned his head to the audience. He nodded to Kairi, and raced towards Hayner again. Hayner was about to block, but Sora raced to the back and hit him on his back. Hayner fell to his knees, and dropped some orbs. Sora grabbed one and stood on his fighting stance. Hayner got up and raced towards Sora and hit on the arm, but Sora didn't drop orbs. Ollette and Pence were cheering on Hayner. Hayner swung his "bat" and hit Sora in the chest. He dropped orbs, and Hayner quickly picked them up. Just when both were about to go head to head..."Time's Up".

Both quickly withdrew their "bats". The sponsor came in and counted Sora's orbs, then counted Hayner's orbs. He turned around and said, "The winner of this struggle match goes to...Hayner".

Everyone cheered and Ollette and Pence hugged Hayner, as Hayner got of the platform.

"You were great, Hayner", said Ollette hugging Hayner.
Pence looked at Hayner and slapped his shoulder, "That was a close match".
Hayner rubbed his neck and laughed, "I know. It was pretty close".
Sora got off the platform and walk towards you and Kairi. "Whew, I was so close. Oh well, better luck next time", he said so casual, looking at both of you.

Kairi smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek," You were great. You really did good".
Sora looked at Kairi and blushed a little. You started giggling. "Hey Sora, you look so red, hehehehehe". He started blushing even more cause of your comment, "Hey, stop that".

You sticked out you tongue at him and smiled. "Alright, you did great, Sora. We were rooting for you all the way". He looked at you smile and said, "Thanks, guys".Hayner, Pence and Ollette came running towards you guys. Hayner stopped in front of Sora and punched him in the shoulder. He said to Sora, "Hey, Great match. It was tough, I almost thought I lost". Sora rubbed his neck again,"Yeah, it was pretty tough. It was a good match".

The sponsor guy came back and stood on the platform, "Our next match is against our defending champion, Seifer, against our newcomer...Riku".

You turned your head and saw Riku getting on the platform with his struggle bat. He looked casual. He looked at the crowd and noticed you were there. You smiled and screamed, "You can do it, Riku. Beat this guy like you beat Sora". Sora looked at you embarrassed, "HEY, What's that supposed to mean".

Riku smiled and waved at you. You saw a guy with blond hair with a beanie, blue vest, white overcoat and baggy pants; on the other side of th platform. Pence walked next to you and said, "That's Seifer, he's a real pain in the neck. Hayner hates him a lot".
You opened your eyes in curiosity, "Really, wow. He must be a real jerk, then". The sponsor came in and raised his hand. You shouted one last time, "Go Riku. You can do it". Kairi and Sora shouted too, "GO RIKU!!". The sponsor shouted, "Alright on my signal". Riku and Seifer got their struggle bats ready, and got on their fighting stands.
The sponsor guy, continued, "Ready...3...2...1...GO!!".
♠ ♠ ♠
I have never read a story with a struggle match..so I really wanted to put a struggle match in the story. Besides, it is a tradition in Twilight Town! I also wanted Hayner to win a fight, case in the game he lost...and I felt bad for the guy! Well, I wonder who will win next...Riku...or...Seifer. Don't expect the predictable...after all...Sora DID lose! Oh well.
More coming soon!!